NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

For the Flyers the front number has to be moved up to be equal height of the the Flyers P to better match the 70s/80s Phillies uniforms and a black outline on the racing stripes may also help make it feel more like those uniforms

29uxdh0.png

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what do you think, TheLAKnight? Which of those three sets do you think best represents the spirit of the Flyers in a baseball uniform? Personally I'm not a fan of the first set, but I'm really digging the '70s-inspired second set as well as the orange pinstripes.

I think I prefer the second set. It just has a cleaner look to it and it captured the feel of a Flyers jersey better than the first set.

Hmm... I like the 70's style set, but I feel a merge could work.

Think 86 Mets:

1986Mets.jpg

Also a black alternate or a cream colored one (based off of the Flyers winter classic jersey) would work well here

The Phillies had sets that followed that same design, so I just combined 2 of the Flyers sets to make this one.

And I also created a cream jersey based off of the Flyers third.

PhiFlyers%20HomeAlt%20Pinstripes3_zpssbnPhiFlyers%20FauxbackAlt_zpsuk0p4nn4.png

Up next are the Flyers cross state rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins.

PitPenguins%20Home_zpsdjqcljwn.pngPitPenguins%20HomeAlt_zpstp06mh2z.pngPitPenguins%20Road2_zpsoqkdqjch.png

Like the Pirates, the Penguins wear a throwback alternate jersey but in black, not white. It was easy enough to give them one of each those.

PitPenguins%20HomeThrowback2_zpss9llazwbPitPenguins%20HomeThrowback_zpseh63nyta.

Still working on a few other designs for them, but if there is anything in particular that you would like to see, let me know.

That cream Flyers jersey is a beaut, and the pinstriped set with the racing stripes is slick...but shouldn't the stripes extend down the length of the pants, too?

The Penguins look really nice. Would they wear both of those throwbacks, or just one of the two? If just one, which do you prefer?

I'd like to see an alternate/throwback based on their early powder blue jerseys.

Today marks the final team's jerseys with those of the Washington Capitals. There are plenty more jerseys to come though as I go back through and post new alternates, throwbacks, and tweaks.

As with the past few teams, I gave the Caps options in which W should go on the front. The first set uses the logo worn by them in this year's Winter Classic...

WshCapitals%20Home_zpsh5trztsa.pngWshCapitals%20HomeAlt2_zpsnpuhpbmz.pngWshCapitals%20Road_zpscuig1fma.png

while the second set uses their beloved weagle logo.

WshCapitals%20Home2_zpse5fyqwtu.pngWshCapitals%20HomeAlt3_zpsshfibfsg.pngWshCapitals%20Road2_zpseya493xq.png

Before I added the red alternates and the second set, I played around with having the Capitals main wordmark logo across the chest.

WshCapitals%20HomeAlt_zpsugup5pzy.png

Now that all of the main sets are finished, are there any other sets that you would like to see? I know I still need to do a blue set for Pittsburgh and I have several other completed alternates/sets to post also.

Those penguins throwbacks are cool! I'm not as big a fan of the Vegas Gold set. I agree with Kitt_Smith. The "P" logo for that set doesn't really work. I like the Caps set as well. I'm not as big a fan of the Flyers set though. I think it's the pinstripes. They're a bit too bright imo.

That cream Flyers jersey is a beaut, and the pinstriped set with the racing stripes is slick...but shouldn't the stripes extend down the length of the pants, too?

The Penguins look really nice. Would they wear both of those throwbacks, or just one of the two? If just one, which do you prefer?

I'd like to see an alternate/throwback based on their early powder blue jerseys.

Probably? Not familiar with stuff like that.

I think I prefer the black throwback because the gold and white pop better with a darker background.

Those penguins throwbacks are cool! I'm not as big a fan of the Vegas Gold set. I agree with Kitt_Smith. The "P" logo for that set doesn't really work. I like the Caps set as well. I'm not as big a fan of the Flyers set though. I think it's the pinstripes. They're a bit too bright imo.

Ya the Penguins set really shows how poor the Vegas Gold color looks.

I used the P because it matched the Pirates use of a single P. Without the inner lines, it looks very dull. Using the Penguin instead would make things look better.

The orange really needs more black to mute it's brightest, but there aren't any ways to really work it in short of doing black pinstripes with orange accents. Then it becomes too boring though.

Probably? Not familiar with stuff like that.

I think I prefer the black throwback because the gold and white pop better with a darker background.

Ya the Penguins set really shows how poor the Vegas Gold color looks.

I used the P because it matched the Pirates use of a single P. Without the inner lines, it looks very dull. Using the Penguin instead would make things look better.

The orange really needs more black to mute it's brightest, but there aren't any ways to really work it in short of doing black pinstripes with orange accents. Then it becomes too boring though.

Robo-Pen on the cap? I personally dislike the Caps, but I hate the hockey team too.

Also.... Cleveland Barons for suggestions.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The Caps look awesome, even better than the Nationals' uniforms, IMO. I prefer the first set with the block "W" though I'd probably have them use the red alt with "Capitals" on it instead of the red alt in that set.

As far as alternates/tweaks, I would like to see...

- A powder blue Penguins throwback alt

- A black Chicago road alt

- A red "Canada Day" alt for the Leafs

- A new Ducks and Avalanche set based on the leaked alts

- A Dallas road set using this wordmark

- The Rangers home and road alt set with the "NY" cap logo and corrected arched "YORK" wordmark on the two road tops

- A modified San Jose set with the diamond logo removed from the cap and a different sleeve patch on the black alt

- If possible, an Arizona set using the script from that cap I posted a while back

It looks like there are still quite a few designs for me to keep working on. In the meantime, here's a partial set that I almost added to my original post about the Ducks, but decided to save it until now. Here are jerseys for the Mighty Ducks.

AnaDucks%20ThrowbackHome_zps52z9bjos.pngAnaDucks%20ThrowbackAlt_zpssbzyqaaa.png

The sleeve logo was added later because I knew people would ask about it.

Your baseball Penguin is holding a hockey stick. Easiest fix, though unpopular with some, is the '90s "robo-Penguin" logo.

True. A lot of the logos have hockey sticks in them somewhere, and that doesn't work with a baseball team. The unis already look amazing, I just think that incorporating elements of baseball is the next step.

It took a long time to get these 3 jerseys out today, but I think you can understand considering 2 of the alternates that these are based on are yet to be (formally) released and the other was just shown off this morning. I was working off of the leaks that have been shown so the number designs maybe be a little off.

AnaDucks%20HomeAlt2_zpsc0vsrf60.pngColAvalanche%20HomeAlt2_zpsvrknxdeb.pngNYIslanders%20HomeAlt3_zpsimlxsj24.png

Archived