NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Sigh*

What's with people not understanding that TheLAKnight is basing these uniforms on their ACTUAL NHL counterparts.. and he's doing an incredible job at that. Stop nitpicking things that are part of the real uniforms he's modeling them on.. it's annoying. Keep up the phenomenal work, this thread is the best.

One critique I have is that on a lot of wordmarks they seem too stretched or too tall, you should just work on the proportions of those to make them look even better. I know in Paint.net (My favorite program) you can resize images while keeping the proper proportions to make them look better. Other than that I love the designs and I love the updates too. Keep up the good work!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

One critique I have is that on a lot of wordmarks they seem too stretched or too tall, you should just work on the proportions of those to make them look even better. I know in Paint.net (My favorite program) you can resize images while keeping the proper proportions to make them look better. Other than that I love the designs and I love the updates too. Keep up the good work!

I assume your referring to the Preds wordmark. When I resized it (on Paint.net), it was too small across, only about 30 pixels tall. I just about doubled the height in order for it to fill up more space. This would be a good one to arch the entire mark, but I have trouble when there's a border to it.

Love the Scouts look. There was a full wordmark for the club using that angular font for the KC, you can see it on their second season media guide (along with Wilf Paiement and Eddie Gilbert celebrating the first Scouts goal scored at Kemper Arena). I'm guessing it was unofficial and didn't see much use.

03eg6b0lhhgygiz67g1nyrh94.gif

So there could be potential for an arched road jersey, similar to what the Royals had on their powder blue roads during that time. Similarly, the Scouts lettering could go on the homes...

Love the Scouts look. There was a full wordmark for the club using that angular font for the KC, you can see it on their second season media guide (along with Wilf Paiement and Eddie Gilbert celebrating the first Scouts goal scored at Kemper Arena). I'm guessing it was unofficial and didn't see much use.

So there could be potential for an arched road jersey, similar to what the Royals had on their powder blue roads during that time. Similarly, the Scouts lettering could go on the homes...

I hadn't seen that. I'll have to look into using that.

Might not get the next team out today, but it will be the Islanders and it's a '90s set... ;)

I hadn't seen that. I'll have to look into using that.

Might not get the next team out today, but it will be the Islanders and it's a '90s set... ;)

YAY! FISHERMAN!!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Finally finished up the Islanders. I have a feeling this set will get mixed reviews not just because of how weird it is, but how it compares to people's preconceived notions about what it should look. Also, the numbers were taken directly off of the ones found here. Decided to skip the NOB rather than put PLAYER.

Presenting the Islanders fishsticks jerseys as a baseball set!

NYIslanders%20ThrowbackHome_zps3qxuvdeo.NYIslanders%20ThrowbackAlt2_zpsde5jwgtz.NYIslanders%20ThrowbackRoad_zpsrlsqvirj.NYIslanders%20ThrowbackAlt_zpsxlound9b.p

Here are two alternative home versions: one with a lighter bottom and one that's more traditional.

NYIslanders%20ThrowbackHome2_zpsjtv5kpbwNYIslanders%20ThrowbackHome3_zpsuwbclf54

Archived