Afghan College Football - 92/138 teams complete

JCRGraphix

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off like many have said, thanks for your service!

I love this series, it's nice to see the comparisons between the real life teams and these fantasy teams. I really love the Sandstorm uniform, I've always been a sucker for those ISU throwbacks.

On the first picture (the overview of the conference) Both Balkh and Falzabad have logos but no location spots.

This is awesome. My favorite so far has to be the Jagdalak State Cheetahs. I love how cloe it is to the OKST logo, but how different it is altogether.

tinysig.jpg

To the OP:

I'm not going to knock the concepts, but I do wonder if American football would really be embraced by Afghan university students. Is it possible to create buzkashi uniform concepts? Perhaps something for the horses to wear as well. I'm almost picturing College Buzkashi to resemble jousting in Renaissance Europe (although reference to Renaissance Europe, too, may carry some negative connotations among Afghanis...sigh...)

On the first picture (the overview of the conference) Both Balkh and Falzabad have logos but no location spots.

This is awesome. My favorite so far has to be the Jagdalak State Cheetahs. I love how cloe it is to the OKST logo, but how different it is altogether.

Balkh and Fayzabad are in the same location as Mazar-i-Sharif and Badakhshan, hence the larger dots and proximity to the other logos.

To the OP:

I'm not going to knock the concepts, but I do wonder if American football would really be embraced by Afghan university students. Is it possible to create buzkashi uniform concepts? Perhaps something for the horses to wear as well. I'm almost picturing College Buzkashi to resemble jousting in Renaissance Europe (although reference to Renaissance Europe, too, may carry some negative connotations among Afghanis...sigh...)

True, they definitely wouldn't embrace college football, but this is a fantasy thread...

Balkh and Fayzabad are in the same location as Mazar-i-Sharif and Badakhshan, hence the larger dots and proximity to the other logos.

To the OP:

True, they definitely wouldn't embrace college football, but this is a fantasy thread...

Still, buskashi concepts, yay or nay?

To the OP:

Still, buskashi concepts, yay or nay?

Not right now. Maybe in the future... I'm always looking for a challenge. Right now 120 schools and 19 military units is challenge enough...

Up next we have the Herat Bats (Oregon) with their modern look...

herat.png

Then we have the Herat State Chieftains (Oregon State). I decided to go traditional with this look instead of copying the Beavers to reflect their old school offense...

heratstate.png

And finally, we have the Mazar-i-Sharif Devils (Arizona State)...

mazarisharif.png

I don't know how long I will have reliable internet, so I'll finish out the Northern Conference...

Next we have the Samangan Eagles (Stanford) with their simple classic look...

samangan.png

Next up are the Sar-e-Pol Bears (Cal)...

sarepol.png

And finally, the Takhar Jets (Washington) with their modern look...

takhar.png

Up next is the Mountain Conference (ACC)

Love this!

Is the template your using PSD compatible?

It will be when I release it.

Up next we have the Mountain Conference (ACC)...

mountain.png

The first team from the Mountain is the Bagram Thunder (Miami)...

bagram.png

Up next are the Bagram State Falcons (Virginia Tech)...

bagramstate.png

And finally, the Dewa Vipers (Maryland). Their school crest is similar to the Maryland state flag, but with the red and white crosses replaced by green and white crescent moons, and the colors reversed on the other bit.

dewa.png

Up next we have three more schools beginning with the Gezin State Tigers (NC State)...

gezinstate.png

Next up are the Mushi Fighting Imams (Wake Forest). The name comes from a fighting Islamic priest (demon decons), and the logo is based on the Notre Dame logo. They sport some simple but classy uniforms...

mushi.png

Finally we have the Parun State Durrani (Florida State). I went with a tribal name like the Seminoles. Instead of a Native American pattern, I used an Islamic one here, and used jezails (Afghan muskets) instead of arrows...

parunstate.png

First off, thank you for your service and all you have done.

Secondly, this series has been fun to follow. Is there any way you could post the Parun State and Mushi logos separately? Those are too good to be left in the background.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

First off, thank you for your service and all you have done.

Secondly, this series has been fun to follow. Is there any way you could post the Parun State and Mushi logos separately? Those are too good to be left in the background.

Thanks! I will be posting a graphic with all the logos from each conference so far once I finish this conference.

Up next we have the Paski Wolves (Clemson). I changed the footprint from a tiger to a wolf, and changed the purple to blue...

paski.png

Then we have the Pesenta College Hawks (Boston College). For them, I designed a modern look, and replaced red with blue...

pesentacollege.png

Finally, we have the Pukh Red Devils (Duke). Blue is replaced by red here as you can see...

pukh.png

To finish off the final "Power 5" conference we have 3 more schools.

The Rukha Rams (North Carolina) have a fairly modern look that compliments their double blue color scheme...

rukha.png

The Shaikh Ali Tech Hornets (Georgia Tech) substitute green for blue and use the honeycomb pattern more tactfully...

shaikhalitech.png

The Turkman Valley Militia (Virginia) have a classic look. The logo has an AK47 and an RPG instead of the swords in the Virginia logo...

turkmanvalley.png

Archived