ESPN Football 2k5

pcgd

I'll consider buying it.  But ESPN Football 2k5 isn't even in Madden's league.

Have you played ESPN? It's near if not surpassed Madden.

Yes I have -- and Madden is far better. From owner mode, to satisfying the needs of star players (added this season), ESPN just doesn't stack up to it.

IUe6Hvh.png

we'll see in three weeks when madden comes out. which reminds me... :D

and...

I decided not to get NCAA 2005... Cuz I still play NCAA 2004... I'm in my 10th dynasty year with Vanderbilt... Thats been an adventure
although i didn't get as much time with my 04 dynasty as i would have liked (i usually never do cus i typically have 6-10 games and i usually like to play every game of a NCAA or Madden chise) i had Vandy too, coincidentally enough. and after actually convincing some players with actual talent to come i was able to actually put a respectable team out there. basically here's teh breakdown:

02: Badgers, UNT

03: Akron, Temple

04: Vandy

05: ain't got it yet, and likely won't til sometime next week...gotta use my cash for other things first

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

basically here's teh breakdown:

02: Badgers, UNT

03: Akron, Temple

04: Vandy

05: ain't got it yet, and likely won't til sometime next week...gotta use my cash for other things first

02: Texas {It was too easy, so I switched to:} Baylor

03: Alabama {That was suprisingly challenging}

04: Vandy {By the 5th year my defense was maxed out to A+ and we were squashing people... Haven't lost in 5 years :P }

05: Probably not gonna get it, focusing on Madden this year, cuz it looks hellaciously awesome :D

But ESPN's got quite possibly the loveliest graphics I've ever seen

post-3-1090398799.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy:

I love ESPN's gameplay so much more than Maddens, but the thing is Madden has the best options for the game like owner mode and create uniforms and such. I might get both, but im definately getting ESPN.

Stupid me, I should have posted this awhile ago. In my opinion, ESPN has passed Madden as the best football game out, but not by much. The fact that its $20 makes it even better. I'm still staying with Madden, but like last year, I will also be getting ESPN Football.

NCAA 05: I just got it yesterday with the 2-month XBox Live free trial, and I'm still undecided on how good it is. It is an improvement for me, since I don't have 2004, just 2003, but worth $50? We'll see. I usually buy these games every other year, except probably this year since the addition of some new things in ESPN and Madden.

03: LSU, Army (Give it about 5/6 years and you can make a pretty decent team if you play every game), Auburn, Ball State, and Boston College

05: Army

just got espn. it was indeed 20 dollars from walmart. I haven't even started playing and for those of you that like alternate uniforms, they've got them. Yellow Pack, Bears Orange, Vikings Yellow. They've got the texans white helmets that they were gonna go with (no jacksonville "Jag" helmets though) a ton of old unis. Here's the kicker, you don't have to unlock any. They are just there. More to come as I play the game.

peace,

pc

ok, I played the game. I'm no madden expert but it wasn't much different. The game felt like an ESPN broadcast.

Cool stuff: Player Voices, tons of unis (about 7 per team!), incredible graphics

Weird stuff: Announcers were a bit slow. Chris Berman sounds like the Telephone lady.

"BRETT FARVE attempted the passAND ITS COMPLETEto the running back."

there are so many things that you can do in season mode, you can train all your players, plan out the week, such as weight lifting, film watching, etc.

i like this alot, but i like the owner mode in madden alot better, where you can move teams, and make uniforms and such. i like the $20 price tag the most on ESPN, hopefully that goes the same for ESPN NHL as well, cuz i will DEFINATELY get that

qvAvG.jpg

That $20 is enticing and I may jump for it when it comes to the NHL and NBA games. But i'm sticking with Madden for my own nerdy reasons. They've included this new player personaity component that includes headlines from newspapers highlihgting some players contract demands or other unhappiness. What's cool is their headlines from real major newspapers in those team's cities. Being a newspaper reporter, I find is detail cool as hell and worthy a few extra scoots.

Besides, the graphics are cool on both of them and I'm not sure i'd notice any difference in the gameplay regardless. I also heard that for PS2 gamers, the new madden is an anniversary edition which includes versions of classic madden games.

no, it'll still be $20. no worries

figure i'll have all 3 games. and it will have cost me $130 cus i plan on getting the special edition Madden :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ok, i am a Madeen Disciple, and even i was shocked when i saw it a Wal Mart for $20. i caved and bought it for my XBox. I love it. nlike Madden, i have a hard time running up the score on the CPU at any level, the halftime, postgame and SportsCenter sections are just awesome, and the first person mode is cool, even though its a bit tough at first. Id say it was worth a 20 spot for it.but Im still buying Madden.

P.S. post #100 :D

93-94canucks.jpg

Archived