2016 NASCAR Season Thread

LAWeaver

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Any reason why Alex Bowman was chosen to drive for Jr this weekend instead of Elliott Sadler or even Justin Allgaier?

Not sure, but it was reported that the original plan was to have Bowman on standby for Jr. for the race on Sunday. 

I do know that Bowman has ran really good in what little bit of Xfinity races he's ran this year, almost winning at Dover. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 7/15/2016 at 3:50 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

Not sure, but it was reported that the original plan was to have Bowman on standby for Jr. for the race on Sunday. 

I do know that Bowman has ran really good in what little bit of Xfinity races he's ran this year, almost winning at Dover. 

It helps when a driver fits into the other's seat LOL

Many drivers are happy for Alex, for getting this opportunity to showcase his talents in better quality equipment. 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

With Jeff Gordon being slated as Jr's replacement driver I'm kinda torn. Jeff is my favorite driver of all time and want him to run again especially at indy, but I don't want to be rooting for Jr to keep having concution symptoms. I just kinda feel that makes me a bad person because I never want to cheer for anyone being injured. 

Results from New Hampshire:

1.Kenseth

2. Stewart

3. Logano

4. Harvick

5. Biffle

6. McMurray

7. Newman

8. Kyle Busch

9. Hamlin

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Well this would be a good victory for Kenseth... Too bad his car failed post race inspection, I know I've said this before but it bares repeating.... New Hampshire is just a boring track. Although, good job for Tony for being consistent plus look at Roush! 2 cars in the top 10! Who knew?

Next up: Indianapolis, the brickyard itself!

baltimoreravens.png

BREAKING NEWS: Dale Earnhardt Jr. has been ruled out of both this...

Just now, DNAsports said:

News has come out that Dale Jr will miss at least Indy and Pocono and Jeff Gordon will drive the 88 for both of those races.

Crap. Best me to it. :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I remember when Ricky Rudd filled in for Smoke at Dover in 2006. Had to start in the back and really couldn't recover after the driver switch; but raced decently all things considered.

Indy and Pocono are two tracks Jeff dominated at in his career; so he should be fine. Although; this may end up shutting Junebug out of the Chase...

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Eldora sneaks up on me every single year and I usually tune in half way because I just happen across it. I'm surprised I never see more about it in the days leading up to it. 

Anyways, I'm excited for Gordon to come back!  Wish it wasn't at the expense of Juniors health, though!

IUe6Hvh.png

On 7/20/2016 at 10:16 PM, See Red said:

Eldora sneaks up on me every single year and I usually tune in half way because I just happen across it. I'm surprised I never see more about it in the days leading up to it. 

Anyways, I'm excited for Gordon to come back!  Wish it wasn't at the expense of Juniors health, though!

Gordon said he was approached to drive Tony's car at Daytona, but said he declined because of Fox commitments.  No, he doesn't need to lie: He HATES plate races.  That's fine. 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Results from Indianaoplis

1. Kyle Busch

2. Kenseth

3. Johnson

4. Hamlin

5. Larson

6. Harvick

7. Logano

8. Truex Jr.

9. Dillon

10. Menard

A dominant drive from Kyle Busch today but he made history that he's the first to win back to back xfinity & sprint cup in Indianapolis. I'd say he's the odds on favorite to win it all again. It's going to be hard to catch the Gibbs car this year. This was probably one of the better Brickyard races I've watched though. It was also fitting that Tony got one last lap with Jeff right next to him after the race was done. 

Next up back to Pocono

baltimoreravens.png

8 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Results from Indianaoplis

1. Kyle Busch

2. Kenseth

3. Johnson

4. Hamlin

5. Larson

6. Harvick

7. Logano

8. Truex Jr.

9. Dillon

10. Menard

A dominant drive from Kyle Busch today but he made history that he's the first to win back to back xfinity & sprint cup in Indianapolis. I'd say he's the odds on favorite to win it all again. It's going to be hard to catch the Gibbs car this year. This was probably one of the better Brickyard races I've watched though. It was also fitting that Tony got one last lap with Jeff right next to him after the race was done. 

Next up back to Pocono

The end of it, maybe.  Beyond that, it was a hard watch.

IUe6Hvh.png

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Stewart-Haas Racing to field an Xfinity Series team for 2017. Driver and sponsorship TBD before end of 2016 season.

Let the speculation begin on who the driver will be.

I wouldn't be surprised if its Cole Custer. Unless they do 2 cars.

baltimoreravens.png

18 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if its Cole Custer. Unless they do 2 cars.

I'm not sure about Custer. I have a feeling Dale Jr wants to keep him around in the Truck Series full time for another year or so to become a contender. Alex Bowman would make a lot of sense.

There's also the factor of Stewart-Haas switching to Ford next season. Maybe they look at Roush Fenway and push for Ryan Reed?

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I'm not sure about Custer. I have a feeling Dale Jr wants to keep him around in the Truck Series full time for another year or so to become a contender. Alex Bowman would make a lot of sense.

There's also the factor of Stewart-Haas switching to Ford next season. Maybe they look at Roush Fenway and push for Ryan Reed?

I believe Custer is a Haas driver & his dad is the vice president for SHR. I'm still hoping for Bubba though, it would seem like his type of team.

EDIT: Another driver I wish I could see move up to Xfinity would be Tyler Reddick. The kid is very talented.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived