NFL by bbb FINAL EDITION

bbb

So, now let's move from the NFC east to the AFC east. These are similar to the ones that l posted last year (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103791-nfl-by-bbb/) , so l'll post them all in one time

MIAMI DOLPHINS

My team, fauxback to Marino's years. Used the current logo and aqua, but used the 1997-2012 orange. Simple 80s sleeve design with modern jersey 

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2022.19.02

BUFFALO BILLS

New helmet, similar to the logo. Also modified the sleeves and created a red 3rd

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.56.41

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Removed the gray from the color palette, so the helmet is now white. Gave them patriotic sleeves (you know, they're patriots) and gave them a 3rd that can be used a lot at home in order to simulate the old red jerseys in 70s / 80s
Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.58.08

NEW YORK JETS

Their current logo is ugly, so l've made a new one. Also added a new shade of green which l used in the outlines and in the 3rd jersey

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.52.45

AFC NORTH up next

C&C please

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Jets logo looks pretty decent, although it kind of looks more soccerish than NFL to me. Idk, it could just be me.

The new shade of green is hurting my eyes though, maybe make it a little darker?

Although I gotta say for that Eagles jersey, I love the feathers idea. Really creative there man. As well as the Patriots, I love that these are out of the box :)

Good job overall.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

AFC East: Love what you did with the Jets and the Dolphins. I think you've got a great start with the Bills, but it seems like it needs just a little bit more, like a sleeve stripe or something. Patriots, again love what you did with them, really creative! I just think you need to get rid of the "Flying Elvis" on the sleeves and it'd be awesome.

6j00o2K.png

5gJ9cJX.jpg

Moving from East to North, the AFC NORTH 

CINCINNATI BENGALS

l've changed the helmet mask from black to orange in order to make it different to the dark brown / almost black Browns' one . The orange jersey now it's the home and the black one is the 3rd. Also changed  sleeves and pants

Schermata%202016-02-25%20alle%2015.06.21

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

l now they have a big history and heritage, but l tough it's time for some changes. Steel is gray right? So the Steelers are gray too. Modified the sleeves and put on them a "steel template" that l think it's very good- looking
Schermata%202016-02-29%20alle%2019.46.45

Let me know what do you think

Baltimore and Cleveland up next 

On 5/3/2016 at 6:40 PM, bbb said:

So, now let's move from the NFC east to the AFC east. These are similar to the ones that l posted last year (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103791-nfl-by-bbb/) , so l'll post them all in one time

MIAMI DOLPHINS

My team, fauxback to Marino's years. Used the current logo and aqua, but used the 1997-2012 orange. Simple 80s sleeve design with modern jersey 

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2022.19.02

BUFFALO BILLS

New helmet, similar to the logo. Also modified the sleeves and created a red 3rd

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.56.41

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Removed the gray from the color palette, so the helmet is now white. Gave them patriotic sleeves (you know, they're patriots) and gave them a 3rd that can be used a lot at home in order to simulate the old red jerseys in 70s / 80s
Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.58.08

NEW YORK JETS

Their current logo is ugly, so l've made a new one. Also added a new shade of green which l used in the outlines and in the 3rd jersey

Schermata%202015-12-03%20alle%2021.52.45

AFC NORTH up next

C&C please

Your proposal new logo is fresh air. Very big applause to you!!!

whereicomefrom.png

Thanks for the comments, l'll update next

CLEVELAND BROWNS

If you want to make big stripes, make them big at all. So l've made them going all the way to the collar. Also changed the number color on white and orange jersey to make them more readable. The pants and socks are suitable with every jersey

Schermata%202016-02-29%20alle%2021.48.03

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Not many changes here. Only modified the helmet stripe and sleeve

Schermata%202016-03-01%20alle%2014.24.17

Thanks for your comments and

As always C&C is welcome

NFC NORTH coming next

On 3/7/2016 at 8:15 AM, bbb said:

CINCINNATI BENGALS

l've changed the helmet mask from black to orange in order to make it different to the dark brown / almost black Browns' one . The orange jersey now it's the home and the black one is the 3rd. Also changed  sleeves and pants

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

l now they have a big history and heritage, but l tough it's time for some changes. Steel is gray right? So the Steelers are gray too. Modified the sleeves and put on them a "steel template" that l think it's very good- looking

Please... no. I don't mind gray as an accent but not the primary. As a Steeler fan there would be an outrage. The gray is pretty illegible on the road if you keep it.

IxkieML.png

Having a hard time getting over the plane on the Jets logo effectively being in a nose-dive (not unlike the actually Jets team).

Also I think the biggest culprit on the Browns illegible numbers were the orange numbers on the brown jersey. I'd rather you'd kept the other number colors the same and the brown jersey numerals white. 

Guest darkpiranha
On 3/7/2016 at 7:15 AM, bbb said:

CINCINNATI BENGALS

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Love the Steelers.  I'm a big proponent of when doing concepts, to not necessarily being bound by the crushing weight of tradition.  This is a really neat break with tradition, while still keeping with the spirit of it. I wouldn't mind seeing the red, yellow, and blue be used as subtle accents in a few other places.   Or, in what would make traditionalists curl up in a fetal ball on the ground, you could have the Steelers be the NFL's Oregon by following  the yellow set with a red and blue one as well.  

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Also I think the biggest culprit on the Browns illegible numbers were the orange numbers on the brown jersey. I'd rather you'd kept the other number colors the same and the brown jersey numerals white. 

Ok, it's your vision but l don't agree with it. l think white jersey/ dark brown numbers are more readable than orange on white jersey

Here's my two cents on what you've done so far:

Giants: Update is perfect.

Miami: Nothing too crazy, but overall is a solid look.

Buffalo: A for effort on the helmet, but I just don't think it works. Everything else is on point, but too many pants options, and blue should be the primary pants for the away.

NE: The stars & stripes things is a little too collegiate, and dare I say tacky for my taste. But I do approve of the removal of silver.

Jets: The modernization is something I really think they need to do. Their look is quite stale in my opinion, and the new logo looks great. Only thing I would say is it needs shrunk a smidge, and I'd put a white stroke around the box that "New York" is in, so it "punches out" from the rest of the logo. Matter of fact, I'd probably do it to the jet as well to separate it from the border.

Bengals: Update is alright. Not anything too fancy, but I do look the removal of the drop shadow outline on the numbers.

Steelers: As a life-long Steelers fan, I have to say that I'm completely against this concept. There's hardly any remnant of the 5x Superbowl winning uniforms, and gray on white/yellow is anything but legible. I'd say to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Ok we've finished the AFC north, so it's time for updates : since the complaints were about the new steelers gray uniforms,  l've recolored them

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Changed the gray with more classic black

Schermata%202016-03-11%20alle%2019.17.45

What do you think of this update? 

NFC NORTH is next

Guest darkpiranha

Awww.... it really disappoints me when someone caves in to "That's not how it should be" pressure.  There's nothing more boring that the exact same uniform with just a minor tweak or two.  This is the CONCEPTS forum.  Make it whatever YOU want it to be.  The grey/silver was a bold choice and an interesting re-imagining of an iconic brand.  Would Pittsburgh ever adopt it in real life?  Of course not.  But so what?   But if you WANT it to be something that could legitimately exist "in real life" and be realistically considered by the Steelers should they ever opt to freshen up their look?  Then, absolutely make it the same black and gold as always.   But if the Steelers were an expansion team, with no history, then you can bet that a steel look would be in play.  

Have fun, and have no fear of bucking tradition or angering the traditionalists.  Just continue to make interesting designs, which you are.  

Thanks for the comments, now let's move from AFC to NFC , staying in the NORTH

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Few changes in the home and away sets, since they already have some really good uniforms: slightly changed the green and yellow shades to make them brighter ; changed the numbers font to mach their wordmark logo and gave them the flywire collar and a new Wisconsin-based patch. The 3rd is a throwback to the very first uniform they wore in 1921

Schermata%202016-01-06%20alle%2017.23.30

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Modified the sleeves and put more dark gray in all the uniform, reducing white and yellow. The facemark is dark gray like the sleeves in the home jersey. Gave them a new dark gray alternate uniform , that 'll look very coll in a gray jersey/ gray pants combo

Schermata%202015-12-09%20alle%2019.35.41

DETROIT and CHICAGO up next, after some comments :)

NYG: Love the use of grey. Great modern look

WAS: I really don't think embracing the racism is the way to go. Adding the R seems like its doubling down on the old identity. 

PHI: These are stunning. Oregon ripoffs or not, these belong on the field. Love the black/midnight green combo. 

DAL: These are pretty rough. The two blues are unnecessary and clash horribly. 

MIA: A+

BUF: Great helmet idea, but I'd add an outline. Otherwise a solid look

NE: These are just gaudy. Needs to be toned down a lot, although I like the white helmet and the red alt. 

NYJ: Current logo is ugly, but this one isn't a huge improvement. The script logo on the shoulders is a bold choice, but looks very arena leagueish. That said, the two greens look awesome. 

CIN: Solid look. I'd make the shoulder stripes more like stripes than claw marks. 

PIT: The update really saved this concept. The grey did not work at all, but I like the black, steel template, and diamond logos.

CLE: TV numbers are cramped against the monster stripe. 

BAL: Pretty non offensive update, no complaints here

GB: No reason to change the font. Cool throwback though

MIN: The MV logo on the collar loogs great, the GFGS does not. 

qtOnrJr.png

15 hours ago, Canuckleball said:

WAS: I really don't think embracing the racism is the way to go. Adding the R seems like its doubling down on the old identity. 

thanks for the comments

l'm not racist, l was only trying to create a new cool uniform l didn't think this can hurt someone

Archived