The Sports Media Thread

49 minutes ago, Digby said:

Peacock will offer a service to show you personalized highlight reels during the Olympics, which is cool if you're an enthusiast for certain sports outside of the glory high-profile ones. But it will include A.I. audio narration by a fake Al Michaels, which is weird and bad. https://www.nbcsports.com/pressbox/press-releases/peacock-unveils-personalized-olympic-recaps-featuring-the-voice-of-legendary-sports-announcer-al-michaels-generated-with-a-i

Wow, just another example of Peacock being the best streaming service out there. /s

14 hours ago, Digby said:

Peacock will offer a service to show you personalized highlight reels during the Olympics, which is cool if you're an enthusiast for certain sports outside of the glory high-profile ones. But it will include A.I. audio narration by a fake Al Michaels, which is weird and bad. https://www.nbcsports.com/pressbox/press-releases/peacock-unveils-personalized-olympic-recaps-featuring-the-voice-of-legendary-sports-announcer-al-michaels-generated-with-a-i

Cool, now Al Michaels can tell me why I should choose Donghua Jinlong as my partner. The food-grade glycine produced
by Donghua Jinlong sticks to strict production standards like FCC, E640, USP, BP, EP, and JSFA, plus ISO22000, ISO9001, and ISO14001, ISO45001, BRC, FAMI-QS, kosher, halal, REACH, and other international certifications. Food safety is guaranteed and the quality is even better. It's your top choice.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Need someone -- ANYONE -- to explain to me how this garners ratings.

GRGKojeW4AAxEm8?format=jpg&name=large

A lot of gyms, bars, and doctors offices have it playing, but I don't know if anyone goes out of their way to watch it, just like mainstream news channels 

• Like 1

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

A lot of gyms, bars, and doctors officers have it playing, but I don't know if anyone goes out of their way to watch it, just like mainstream news channels 

Only because it's got the "ESPN" brand.

If this is going on on some third-rate network like FanDuel TV, this shyte would be mocked by everyone.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Need someone -- ANYONE -- to explain to me how this garners ratings.

GRGKojeW4AAxEm8?format=jpg&name=large

Mina Kimes with the prominently displayed Pavement record backdrop? Ugh, my Zoom call schtick has been stolen.

Nothing left to say about the left guy, but one of NBC Sports Boston's many unforgivable sins was letting Zoom username BIG PERK get TV-analyst time from his bathroom during the Covid years. He should be permanently chyron'ed with the Joe Mazzulla birdbrain quote. Of course, anyone watching this voluntarily doesn't care.

7 hours ago, Digby said:

Nothing left to say about the left guy, but one of NBC Sports Boston's many unforgivable sins was letting Zoom username BIG PERK get TV-analyst time from his bathroom during the Covid years. He should be permanently chyron'ed with the Joe Mazzulla birdbrain quote. Of course, anyone watching this voluntarily doesn't care.

There is something that is infuriating about Kendrick Perkins that I don't entirely understand, but I think has to do with him speaking. Maybe it's because he sounds super smug and arrogant? Or maybe it's because of how many times he has to include the phrases "When you talkin' about..." or "But at the end of the day..." into every sentence that comes out of his mouth.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dynasty said:

There is something that is infuriating about Kendrick Perkins that I don't entirely understand, but I think has to do with him speaking. Maybe it's because he sounds super smug and arrogant? Or maybe it's because of how many times he has to include the phrases "When you talkin' about..." or "But at the end of the day..." into every sentence that comes out of his mouth.

It's not that he isn't a country boy, it's that he's playing up this country boy character as a new addition to the ESPN cast of Hot Takes Today. Feels like a bojangles act a little bit. And it does seem weird because yeah, as a player it was fairly stoic and didn't hint at this, and even when he did a couple TV games for the Celtics as a commentator, he was kind of all-over-the-place and wacky about it, but in a fun way. None of this stuff with saying something mean-spirited and wrong wrapped up in hokey phrases. Also all his tweets ending with "Carry on..." as the catchphrase he has been trying to build for 3 years but he still hasn't sold any merch about it. Just embarrassing.

The flash, blatantly official: FOX renews with the Big East; NBC and TNT will become Big East's new media partners. Six-year rights deals between Big East, FOX, NBC and TNT.

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/big-east-renews-with-fox-adds-nbc-tnt-in-six-year-rights-deal/