Champions League of Hockey • Group E RESULTS (5/7)

timberwolf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

How do you determine which/how many teams per leauge are in this tournament

I usually determine that by league skill and size. The smaller leagues, like Asian ones, are decided by a playoff between the winners of Japan, China, and Korea. 

We continue!

GROUP E - KOLNER HAIE / COLOGNE (Germany)

The German runners up, with star centre Max Lalonde, off a 111 point year, join Group E as favourites to advance. Cologne won the league title but fell to Berlin in a short five games in the money match.

This design was inspired by the Sens barber pole set, though much different. This was another by Jay and it's one of my personal favourites. I also quite like their logo. Not bad for a DEL club. Or any European team, for that matter.

image.thumb.png.acfde3e3f61a6834f2e9926a

Okay I'm going to post another team right now and tonight to finish off Group E. Tomorrow I'll post two Group F teams and we can get back on track. The first match days will be played on the 22nd or 23rd, depending on how I want to do things. I may do it sooner because I have missed a couple days.

GROUP E - DYNAMO MOSCOW (Russia)

The Russian champions, the team that set a record for biggest win in a championship series. Armed with their massive offence and defence, Dynamo will be looking to capture a title. Rookie Armen Miloshev, with a dominant 61 goals, will potentially lead his club to a sweep.

Their logo is quite good, despite being used by every other Dynamo team in Europe. I combined with Wild-esque striping with their nice blue and white. Leave C and C!

image.thumb.png.d0f1ec6b8d01247f3f6884b9

GROUP E - SPARTA PRAHA (Czech Republic)

The Czech champions capped off a stellar year with a twelve game win streak to nab first place. Robert Hlinka notched 100+ points for the fourth consecutive season and sent HCSP to the CLH.

The chest stripe returns but with some added flair. The team used unusual colours on their stripes for a while before switching. The colours add some activity around the design.

image.thumb.png.6346187904a5bb144ad4afbd

Okay we have Group F to get done in two days. I'll post Nippon now, the Czech team tonight....tomorrow morning will be the last Swiss team and the evening will hold the last team in the tournament, who happens to be Finnish.

GROUP F - NIPPON PAPER CRANES (Japan)

The team. The legend. The only Asian team in the tournament. The Paper Cranes. The team, with local Japanese legend Tao Toshiyuki, and his famed #33. The Cranes defeated Beijing for the berth to the League.

If Nippon qualifies for the 2023 edition, I promise that their uniform set will be more untraditional. That being said, I think Brad did a fine job of blending crazy colours and a classic design!

image.thumb.png.b62df72eda77e0e621553aab

(if Toshiyuki's name Tao is not acceptable in Japanese culture, someone please tell me)

The next team WILL be up around 9-10 tonight, so stay frosty.

Let's keep rolling and we can start simulating these games!

GROUP F - OCELARI TRINEC (Czech Republic)

Ocelari joins Group F as the runners up to Sparta, their Czech rival. Eder Halsen had a breakout year with 80 points while leading scorer Dani Rufer capped off with 110.

Their unique logo and classic striping take centre stage. I really like how Brad did this one, especially his font choice.

image.thumb.png.e9d27ee73ec7825e47be8720

On April 11, 2016 at 8:41 AM, timberwolf said:

Alright so since this Champions League is already done (but not posted), most of these designs will be similar (in style) to the ones above it. Not copies, obviously, but most stay on the safe side of the spectrum. Let's continue! I really appreciate all the feedback!

GROUP D - MsHK (Slovakia)

MsHK was the only Slovakian team to qualify to the CLH. Their impressive 4-1 championship win propelled them to the League. Star player Yuri Ljoskic is set to attract the eye of many, with his breakout 97 point year, compared to his weak 39 last year.

This design was based on the Ducks alternate, except I mimicked the striping on the hem stripe. Their signature green is paired with black and silver, with gold accents to make the set pop. The green jersey is one of my favourite from the tournament.

image.thumb.png.8f65a70884ebc1a6ef3fdb20

These are my favorites so far. Both the green and the white! 

Archived