Pittsburgh Baby Penguins Concept Logo

C-Squared

Earlier today, I saw jaha32's excellent bulldog concept logo. He mentioned that lots of schools use the same few stock bulldog logos for their programs. I spun that concept into a logo for a youth hockey league that, instead of stealing a pro logo, integrates a pro logo into an original design. I might give this a shot with more logos soon... any feedback is appreciated! :peace:

babypenguin.jpg

I really like it. I expected this to be a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton concept, as they're often referred to as the Baby Penguins, and laughed at it, but you talk about making this a younger team, mite or whatever, and you have something pretty sweet. 

I think some kind of adolescent penguin logo, slightly bigger, slightly cooler, black instead of gray (I know real baby penguins are gray, but for some reason that's the most "baby" part of it in my opinion), you might have something really great for the Junior Penguins program, the Pens have a junior B affiliate in the suburbs and their logo set is CRAP. Something in this general direction, but with a little more cool factor for finicky teens, would be a great replacement.

I don't even have critiques of this logo, I think it's that good (some of the texture in the drawing version, especially in the stick tape and skates seems to look better there, but idk if it would translate to a computer image), I'm just tossing you a suggestion for the next step.

Great work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

3 hours ago, OliverP said:

Love the idea of spinning off the original logo in a way that fits a youth team. Also, that penguin is so cute :3.

Only thing that bothers me a bit, just a bit, is that the penguins body is grey, have you tried making it black.

Baby penguins are born with gray feathers.

I absolutely love this. As everyone else has said, it's perfect for a youth league team while being absolutely freaking adorable as well. Great work! 

I'd love to see other teams with the same treatment.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That's an awesome idea to come up with a logo that fit a youth team! It should be call Pittsburgh Li'l Penguins instead of "Baby" cuz none of these klds are babies if they are playing youth hockey. Again awesome works!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

This is just too cool! Very cute, indeed! I actually like it more than the Penguins actual logo. 

Penguins are are my favorite animals and hockey, my favorite sport. If you put this on a t-shirt I would definitely buy one!

I appreciate the feedback! I did some research and saw that the Penguins host a "Little Penguins" camp every year with Sidney Crosby, so I may message them soon - worth a shot!

If this is against the rules, someone let me know and I'll delete the link, but I found a well-reviewed t-shirt site... new designs are $14 for the first 72 hours before settling at $20 after, so there is a little window if anyone wants to nab one!

Lil' Penguin on Teepublic.com

Archived