NHL Adidas TechFit

JCRGraphix

You're in luck because the Sabres are in fact next. For their look, I took inspiration from their old uniforms from their inception until the late 90s. The shoulder patch and main crest on the third features the year they were founded. The third is inspired by the turdburger they wore recently, but has been vastly improved upon so that it makes you not want to vomit out of your eyes so much. The third combines the buffaslug era striping with the Hasek-era logo and color scheme for a cool and different look.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next are the Vancouver Canucks. This look draws from a lot of Vancouver hockey history including the Vancouver Millionaires logo, the Johnny Canuck logo, the early NHL Canucks, the 1980s V sweaters, the Bure-era uniforms, and the number font currently used.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Up next are the Boston Bruins. For their look, I wanted something combining their current look with that of the early 1990s. The third is based on their gold uniforms of 1940-44, and the brown fourth is based on their first uniforms from 1924.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

One thing I find weird about the Canucks is that the fill and stroke on the logo doesn't match the one on the numbers. Mashing of the eras is pretty cool... I think that third jersey would look great in the 90s Canucks colour scheme, I think that's the only 'major' Canucks era you haven't implemented.

Also a bit strange that you are using goalies on templates of players ;), add some pad/mask designs to these!

Next up are the Tampa Bay Lightning. For this design, I got rid of the Red Wings-Maple Leafs clones and went back to the good old days. I also added some modern touches including some sublimation and a modern font. The fourth was a bit of a stretch reaching out to the local university for a color scheme and celebrating regional pride.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Interesting font choice for the Tampa Bay numbers. It works for the home/road, but not as much for the third/fourth IMO. I think the double outline helps. The fourth looks really nice, but I think there might be other design inspirations that would be better.

Up next are the Los Angeles Kings. For this design, I redid their logo with their Gretzky-era logo as the starting point with their newer font with the colors like the Ontario Reign's logo. The uniforms are based on their current uniforms with some minor changes also inspired by the Gretzky-era uniforms. The fourth jersey is based on their all-gold's from the 1970s.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Up next are the Chicago Blackhawks. Not much you can do here! I brought back the fan-favorite black third. For the fourt, I really had to do some reaching since they've had the same look and color scheme since day 1. The team's name originally came from the unit the owner served in back in WWI, so I used the colors from the Army uniforms of the time. I also used the unit patch as a sleeve patch, and used the shade of tan the hawks used in the 1930s. I'm curious to hear what you all have to say about this one!

1.png2.png3.png4.png

I really like the tech Fit "texture" I guess I would call it, how did you accomplish that? Did you just trace from a football jersey? And are you using a gradient or a glow of some sort in you jersey colors because they look to have some depth, it's not overbearing it's a great touch. This is probably my favorite template of yours to date! 

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Hey JCR, 

These are all phenomenal! Figured I would give you some criticism/opinion on the last two sets.

LA: I don't think the "Los Angeles" fits well as-is on the top part of the logo (too low/too wide). I also think the"KINGS" is too tall, and that the slant should match that of the logo border. Also, the movement lines on the text seem to take away from the overall strength of the font. That being said, I like the idea of combining the eras and I think you're onto something, but compared to all the other concept-work here, the execution of that logo was the most underwhelming.

Chi: The Chicago flag is extremely represented in the city, and I feel like a Chicago-centric theme for a fourth jersey, utilizing the baby blue and the six-pointed stars, would be more appropriate.

I figured you would like to hear some constructive feedback, whether or not you actually use it! Keep up the good work, this thread is awesome, man.

I'd hate to see a Hawks jersey that ditches the brand but the 4th jersey for Chicago is pretty awesome. As for Jj's suggestion about a Chicago flag themed jersey I'd kind of hate to see that. If you could reference the flag without leaving the Blackhawks brand, like the did on the Stadium Series jersey, that would be best. 

Up next are the Ottawa Senators. For this design I used my favorite logo, and favorite look (1990s) to create the home and away uniforms. The third is a more accurate yet modern version of their 1920s uniforms, and the fourth is a fauxback to their 1895 uniforms as the Ottawa Hockey Club (nicknamed the Generals). I added stripes because a plain white sweater is boring in 2016! I also darkened the red to a maroon because it looked darker in photos than in the graphic below (and to comply with my self-imposed color scheme rule)

1.png2.png3.png4.pngOttawa Generals 1895.png

Guest darkpiranha

Loving the seeming randomness of the fourth jerseys.  I know they're almost all based on something with a deep history, but in comparison to whatever the standard looks are, they are wonderfully out there.  

Thanks again for all of the feedback! Up next is one of my biggest challenges: making the Wild look good. To do this I went back to the North Stars' look since the Stars went further away from it. For the third I went traditional with it a double-green color scheme. The fourth really plays on the State of Hockey theme, and will be different every year. The color scheme will be that of the state champions from the previous season A for odd years, AA for even, so this year is based on the 2016 champion Wayzata High School Trojans.

1.png2.png3.png4.pngwww.png

Archived