NHL Adidas TechFit

JCRGraphix

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2016 at 10:43 PM, JCRGraphix said:

I haven't been able to devote much time to concept work since I've been back from Afghanistan, but I finally got a bit of time for a relatively small project. I'm redesigning the NHL using my Adidas TechFit Uniform Template. Each team will have four uniforms: home, road, third and a fourth that uses a completely different color scheme (for a challenge).

First of all, welcome back!

I love how subtle the TechFit pattern is, Adidas should take the hint. I saw four jerseys and thought that was too many, but based on your first few sets, I can't wait to see what you come up with! The provincial sweater is just awesome! Only concern would be for Edmonton, who could also conceivably use it since they are also in Alberta.

if you burn the "lonestar state" jersey in a huge bonfire, and switch the logos on the third jersey, you'd have an absolutely perfect set for dallas :)

great job, man. on all of these.

Ok, I actually like the first three jerseys in each of your sets. Calgary is unspectacular but very solid nonetheless. I haven't liked a Maple Leafs concept that much in a while. Dallas slightly improves their new identity without doing too much. I just don't like the Alberta Pride or St. Pats. They just don't fit with the rest of the team identities. The Dallas fourth is actually cool, but really doesn't look like it has a place on the team and looks like it's trying too hard to incorporate ''State Pride'' or whatever.

Guest darkpiranha

Love the Stars alt.  I was always befuddled that they didn't change their name to the Lone Stars when they moved to Dallas.

Up next are the Colorado Avalanche. For this design, I made their burgundy more red, and darkened the blue to create more contrast. I also brought back the yeti foot, which I always liked. The hem stripe is inspired a concept I saw on HJC a long time ago by Justin Cox. The fourth jersey is both a nod to the Colorado state flag and a nod to the Nordiques.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Thanks everybody for all of the comments. It is really helpful to get different opinions of your work! Up next are the Penguins. Honestly I feel dirty posting these since I freaking hate the Pens, and they just beat my boys in OT. I can't stand Crosby's face, and I hope he gets "taken out" in the next game.

Anyways, here they are. I brought back sport gold in a big way. I also made the striping more consistent throughout the uniform. The thirds are based on the Pens uniforms in the early 1980s, and the fourths draw from different bits of the Penguins history.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

As someone who lives in Colorado, I can say that the home, 3rd, and 4th jerseys would fly off the shelves. Not so sure about the away. My only nitpick on the Avs is that there's that weird hexagon on the arms that isn't a yoke, and isn't an arm stripe. It just feels out place.

And the Penguins are perfect. I'd love to see them wearing those.

Next up are the Oilers. For their uniforms, I went with the classic Gretzky-era look as the starting point. The Oil Rigger logo returns as a shoulder patch in the more simple color scheme. The third uniform is based on the ones they began play with in the WHA, and the fourth is based on the Edmonton Eskimos (WCHL 1911-1927). Interesting bit of trivia: they lost to the Ottawa Senators in the 1923 Stanley Cup. I know a lot of people were worried about what I'd do for the Oilers' fourth since I did  provincial one for Calgary. Hopefully you weren't let down.

I took the advice about the curved hem stripes...

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Duke_Keats,_Edmonton_Eskimos.jpgwchl-calgary-tigers_edmonton-eskimos_regina-capitals_saskatoon-sheiks_victoria_cougars_d.gif

And next are the Washington Capitals. These uniforms combine different elements from their history including the Winter Classic jersey I'm wearing right now. The fourth is a resurrection of the late 90's look with the weagle as the shoulder patch.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Caps look nice. Part of me wants to say reverse the colors on the stars to match the hem stripes, but not sure if it'll make a big difference. 

Oilers are good all round. Nice work on the Eskimos throwback. 

The Oilers 4th is really out there. Not sure how I feel about green, though.

Nothing negative about the Caps. Loving the Weagle on the 4th, although the wordmark on the front has always bugged me.

Also, I completely agree with you about Crosby and the Pens.

Capitals is your best work by far. I love these concepts and one of the reasons why i keep coming back to this is because im excited to see whats next. And im really excited for the sabres and keep hoping the sabres are next

Archived