NHL Adidas TechFit

JCRGraphix

For the Detroit Red Wings, I didn't want to break with tradition too much with their home and road uniforms. The only major change was the movement of the hem stripe on the home uniform to match the road uniform like the Wings did in the 1980s. The third is a color reversal of their 1927-28 uniforms that they used as throwbacks in 1991-92. The fourth is where things get wild. Since the Wings have never used another color scheme, I came up with a Motown tribute uniform based on some Motown records I own.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

LOVE the Red Wings 4th.  Great tribute.  What if the wheel was actually a vinyl album?

4 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

LOVE the Red Wings 4th.  Great tribute.  What if the wheel was actually a vinyl album?

I wish I would have thought of that!!!

For the Nashville Predators, I took their current look and made it more traditional since I'm not a fan of their piping. Their third uniform is based on their original uniforms but with their more simplified color scheme. The fourth is a simple state pride uniform  based on the Tennessee flag.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Love the fourth, although I don't think the crest is centered. Pretty sure that it needs to be rotated a bit more to the left, but once again I'm not 100% sure on that.

The home and road are solid, but I'm not completely sold on the third. If it pays tribute to the team's history I could let it slide.

9 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Love the fourth, although I don't think the crest is centered. Pretty sure that it needs to be rotated a bit more to the left, but once again I'm not 100% sure on that.

The home and road are solid, but I'm not completely sold on the third. If it pays tribute to the team's history I could let it slide.

It is centered, it just looks lopsided like it does on the flag.

Nashville's home and road look nice and clean, but I do miss the fang design. Maybe keep that and just cut the piping?

The third looks really good. I'd be interested in seeing that in real life. 

I always hated the first Predators jersey, but man, you make it look good.

This series is one of the greatest I have ever seen. Your template is perfect and I like pretty much all of your design choices. Amazing work.

The best compliment I can give you is this...

Generally speaking, I don't watch hockey. I don't typically comment on hockey concepts. But this is great stuff. I keep looking forward to more!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On 5/21/2016 at 0:04 AM, JCRGraphix said:

For the Detroit Red Wings, I didn't want to break with tradition too much with their home and road uniforms. The only major change was the movement of the hem stripe on the home uniform to match the road uniform like the Wings did in the 1980s. The third is a color reversal of their 1927-28 uniforms that they used as throwbacks in 1991-92. The fourth is where things get wild. Since the Wings have never used another color scheme, I came up with a Motown tribute uniform based on some Motown records I own.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

No one will ever question your creativity around here, but if anyone was ever to think about questioning it, you just "mikedrop" it with this 4th!!!

But why that font for the "MOTOWN" scrip? Aren't they more known for this logo:

Motown.jpg

I would even consider usint it for the nameplate...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

On 5/5/2016 at 8:13 PM, JCRGraphix said:

Up next are the Colorado Avalanche. For this design, I made their burgundy more red, and darkened the blue to create more contrast. I also brought back the yeti foot, which I always liked. The hem stripe is inspired a concept I saw on HJC a long time ago by Justin Cox. The fourth jersey is both a nod to the Colorado state flag and a nod to the Nordiques.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Ok, I'll try to add C&C to the rest of your concepts but as an Avs fan, I had to add  my two cents here. Overall, it's a good set. The design quality is top notch. However the home and away jerseys I think are a bit overly busy. The design on the shoulder to elbow is unique and creative but the jerseys themselves look a bit like torn up tank-tops. I like that you used the Yeti logo fir the third and not those new Rockies knock offs. It may not have been the team's best logo, but it was underused. I like that you turned to the Nordiques for the third, but that color scheme is pretty garish.Our state flag design is really overrated, and I really hate that whole state pride thing being shoehorned into sports teams, but I do applaud the effort.

19 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

I wish I would have thought of that!!!

For the Nashville Predators, I took their current look and made it more traditional since I'm not a fan of their piping. Their third uniform is based on their original uniforms but with their more simplified color scheme. The fourth is a simple state pride uniform  based on the Tennessee flag.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

The third does a great job of simplifying their overcluttered original look. I've always felt like their 1st gen look was poor execution on a potentially great look.

I'm not really sold on the fourth, not that it looks bad. I'd just rather see something honoring the city's hockey heritage, which started with the Dixie Flyers in 1962 and has spanned more than half a dozen different teams/identities in over half a century.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thanks again for all of the feedback!!!

Redesigning the Canadiens was hard, so I looked to history for inspiration. The white lace up collar that they currently brought back was a part of their uniform from the 1940s until the 1970s. The white sleeve cuffs were worn from the 1930s until the 1950s, and the numbers have been moved down to the stripes where the logo was located throughout the 1920s and 1930s. The away jersey is based on the white jerseys from the 1940s, and has a consistent striping pattern with the homes. The third jersey is based on the Canadiens jerseys from 1911 (my favorite look), and the fourth is based on their first ever uniforms.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Up next for tonight are the Philadelphia Flyers. 

For the Flyers, I brought back their popular Hextall-era look with some minor details from their current and original uniforms. The third uniform is based on their popular black uniforms of the late 1990s. The fourth is based on the Philadelphia Quakers. The color is taken from an actual photograph and is different enough for my fourth jersey color rule.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Two suggestions for the flyers:

1. no contrasting nameplate on the road. In general I don't mind it as much as most people, just don't think it fits this set, which is great.

2. I'd have the black hem follow the contour of the hem rather than be straight. It clashes with the curves of the arms and loses some of the connection to the source uniform. 

Up next are the Arizona Coyotes. For the Arizona Coyotes design, I started with their current look as their home and away with some minor tweaks. The third uniform keeps the exact same sleeves as the home and away with black as the main color and the secondary crest. The fourth is a throwback to their original uniforms.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

On 5/24/2016 at 9:37 PM, JCRGraphix said:

Thanks again for all of the feedback!!!

Redesigning the Canadiens was hard, so I looked to history for inspiration. The white lace up collar that they currently brought back was a part of their uniform from the 1940s until the 1970s. The white sleeve cuffs were worn from the 1930s until the 1950s, and the numbers have been moved down to the stripes where the logo was located throughout the 1920s and 1930s. The away jersey is based on the white jerseys from the 1940s, and has a consistent striping pattern with the homes. The third jersey is based on the Canadiens jerseys from 1911 (my favorite look), and the fourth is based on their first ever uniforms.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Really dude??? 

That third is beyond words... It kicks the hell out of their striped pajamas...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

14 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

Up next are the Arizona Coyotes. For the Arizona Coyotes design, I started with their current look as their home and away with some minor tweaks. The third uniform keeps the exact same sleeves as the home and away with black as the main color and the secondary crest. The fourth is a throwback to their original uniforms.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

I've always felt like white should be minimized in Arizona concepts, and sand used instead, especially on the home set.

The set also feels really unbalanced, there's a lot going on with the sleeves (which I like the look of), and I feel like that makes the hem feel empty, in comparison.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Oh this is awkward. I just sent in a Wild-Canucks Winter Classic concept to HJC and now that I look at your Wild redesign from this thread, I see they are almost identical, with some changes. Just letting you know. I didn't copy yours or anything.

With that aside, this has been a stellar thread. Love the Wild and the Habs.

Archived