CS85

2016 NCAA Football Thread

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, See Red said:

The most amazing thing about this coaches film room is learning how little the coaches know some of the rules.

 

Aaaand Clemson with the TD!  What a game!

Well it shows that they're thinking of the next play, even when they aren't involved in the game.  That's why they have "quality control" personnel on their side to alert them of the game situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all these years, all the trials, all the tribulations...

 

 

This says enough. Y'all can't take this away from us:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Well it shows that they're thinking of the next play, even when they aren't involved in the game.  That's why they have "quality control" personnel on their side to alert them of the game situation.

 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's also incredible that an offense can make a bunch of shifts and the coaches are immediately pointing out that someone needs to get on the line or how quickly they can diagnose a play. Their input more than made up for the fact that the all-22 cam and the replays made it harder to actually watch the game. It's just weird when they didn't realize, for instance, that the late pass interference call was going to be spotted at the 2 instead of half the distance. I really enjoyed that particular broadcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

After all these years, all the trials, all the tribulations...

 

 

This says enough. Y'all can't take this away from us:

 

Congrats! I've always been partial to Florida State but I have never minded Clemson. It was fun watching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, See Red said:

 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's also incredible that an offense can make a bunch of shifts and the coaches are immediately pointing out that someone needs to get on the line or how quickly they can diagnose a play. Their input more than made up for the fact that the all-22 cam and the replays made it harder to actually watch the game. It's just weird when they didn't realize, for instance, that the late pass interference call was going to be spotted at the 2 instead of half the distance. I really enjoyed that particular broadcast.

To be fair, the couple angles that were being replayed in the Film Room showed the interfering beginning just outside the end zone.  It was that close.  But the yardage didn't matter...that play would have worked from both the 2- and 4-yard line.

 

I still think their first year doing this was their best work.  I believe Addazio has been there each year.  I remember Sumlin being there and doing an excellent job.  And the coaches had a perfect compliment with the ESPN crew that was there, specifically Matt Millen. (Mock his GM skills all you want, you can't deny he's always been a pretty good analyst of the game.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That game was too long and I'm really tired this morning, but I'm glad I stayed up to watch the end. 

 

I don't really like Clemson as the one dude I know who went there is sort of a racist dick, but I'm happy Alabama didn't win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

To be fair, the couple angles that were being replayed in the Film Room showed the interfering beginning just outside the end zone.  It was that close.  But the yardage didn't matter...that play would have worked from both the 2- and 4-yard line.

 

I still think their first year doing this was their best work.  I believe Addazio has been there each year.  I remember Sumlin being there and doing an excellent job.  And the coaches had a perfect compliment with the ESPN crew that was there, specifically Matt Millen. (Mock his GM skills all you want, you can't deny he's always been a pretty good analyst of the game.)

Addazio (& Sumlin) was there for Auburn/FSU and Steve was back this year. Pat Narduzzi has also been there twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.