CS85

2016 NCAA Football Thread

There is no way Florida was this much better than Iowa, as FL was missing 10 defensive starters and both teams were 8-4 entering the game. Iowa should have made it a competitive match, especially since they've shown they're more than capable of doing so against steeper competition (i.e. against Michigan). Instead, what do we get? Ferentz having his guys mentally unprepared and once again we see Iowa get rolled over in their bowl game.

DP, sorry

24 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

There is no way Florida was this much better than Iowa, as FL was missing 10 defensive starters and both teams were 8-4 entering the game. Iowa should have made it a competitive match, especially since they've shown they're more than capable of doing so against steeper competition (i.e. against Michigan). Instead, what do we get? Ferentz having his guys mentally unprepared and once again we see Iowa get rolled over in their bowl game.

When Alabama's defense outscores you in a game and the Bama as a whole has minus yardage at that point in the game, you are not elite. 

Bill Walton is wearing an Uncle Sam suit for the CFP Voices show on ESPNU, where non college football experts discuss the game.

If you want alternate coverage, the Coaches Film Room on ESPNews is the best choice of all these options.

7 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

If you want alternate coverage, the Coaches Film Room on ESPNews is the best choice of all these options.

It's an odd mix this year as there isn't a SEC coach or Saban opponent there. Just two guys who coached against Sark and Matt Rhule with three ACC coaches.

Both Fleck and Helfrich were also slated to be there before Fleck took the Minnesota gig.

Not a huge fan of the split screen (though I do like watching the All-22 camera) but it's tough to beat listening to these coaches breaking things down.

Decent game so far.  Hopefully Alabama doesn't add to their lead before the half.

You're right since they've certainly been outplayed. They have out-gained Alabama, though, and Hurts hasn't been able to do much.

Most plays the Alabama defense has played all season was 78 snaps.

Clemson just hit 70 thru Q3.

I don't know how to feel about Watson. He's doing pretty okay but don't see him being exceptional as a pro.  But he COULD be great.  It's so confusing.

I feel the same way.  I don't know that I'd want my team to spend a high first on him, but somebody will.

Is Allen playing this game?  For a top-5 pick, he's been invisible.

Please, please, please have this game go to overtime.  

Last 2 Bama TDs came off of Clemson refusing to stay in their defensive assignments. Horrible!

Herbstriet: "A legend is being made in Jaylen Hurts!"

DUDE HURTS DIDNT HAVE A PULSE TILL HE RAN IT IN YA DOOFUS. 

Anyways, gosh I hope Clemson comes back. 

If they wait half a second, Clemson can get 5 free yards, Bama is just too amped right now.

The most amazing thing about this coaches film room is learning how little the coaches know some of the rules.

Aaaand Clemson with the TD!  What a game!

RENFROOOOOOOOOOOOOOW