2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Gundy is on his way to yet another 10-win season at Oklahoma State, his third in four years and fifth in seven years.

He benefits from being in a down league and getting some of that T. Boone Pickens money, but he’s one of college football’s five best coaches IMO.

6fQjS3M.png

37 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Mike Gundy is on his way to yet another 10-win season at Oklahoma State, his third in four years and fifth in seven years.

He benefits from being in a down league and getting some of that T. Boone Pickens money, but he’s one of college football’s five best coaches IMO.

T. Boone and Gundy don't talk.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osusportsextra/bill-haisten-at-oklahoma-state-t-boone-pickens-still-obsessed/article_66ff05bd-6587-5d57-b218-b4c4be3bbfa5.html

Gundy is Okie State's John Cooper as Gundy cannot beat Oklahoma.

He is 2-10 against Stoops.

There was a reason Gundy looked at Tennessee before Butch Davis got it.

And Arkansas may want to get Gundy after Belk Bowl failure since Tulsa is closer to Fayetteville than it is to Stillwater and Norman/OKC.

The SEC teams all seem to have picked one half to play lights out and the other to goof off. Makes me wonder if they did this all year. 

Colorado seems to play flat every time they come to San Antonio. I believe they got whipped pretty good their last trip here. They're also the first team to represent two different conferences at the Alamo Bowl, as they were a Big Twelve member for their last trip.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

20161231_143601.jpg

Small changes to the scorebug for playoff games. 

Not really a fan, I don't have the biggest tv so it looks a little cluttered for me, even in HD. 

Hopefully all of the New Year's games going forward can be as good as that Orange Bowl last night. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

50 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Alabama sucks the fun out of college football. They're like the Patriots of CF.

Agreed. I've never once been entertained watching them and nothing about this dynasty is exciting in any way. They're absolutely in Patriots/UConn Women's Basketball territory.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand it's 24-7. The way UW's offense is sucking, this one's cooked and done. 

Let's just spare ourselves the trouble and give Bama the next five national titles. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

That's pretty much the ballgame right there. If you're going to beat Alabama, you just can't turn the football over, period. And you have to be able to tackle in the open field. Alabama's defense is just too explosive, and Washington's defense has done a poor job of wrapping up Bo Scarborough as of late. 

Alabama is beatable, it's just going to have to take a perfect game from the other side. In other words, all of the fun stories of college football will slowly be grinded to death by the Alabama machine. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Hurts has been erratic all night and Bama is still up by 17. It's like Kiffin is calling plays to get him knocked out then remembering he needs Hurts in one piece for the championship game. Washington had a chance to keep Alabama pinned in the end zone and Scarborough just took over. I'd hate to see the score if they just ran him the whole game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived