NFL: 32 Teams to 16 Teams (Phoenix Rams Updated! 5/16)

ramsjetsthunder

This Here is a concept based off an event in which all 32 NFL Teams had to combine into 16 Teams, therefore each team had to combine with one other. Some of the fits were easy, such as the Raiders and 49ers and The Giants and Jets. Too add realistic elements, there were naturally some that didn't make as much sense, such as the Patriots and Titans and the Packers and Eagles. I have already decided which teams will combine, so i will be posting only the Concepts of the uniforms and logos.

Credit goes to MattWillcox for the template.

First Up is the Bay Area Raiders, who will play in Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

There were many iconic colors with both of these teams, so the overall result ends up a bit cluttered, I am looking for ways to simplify it.

Bay Area Raiders Uniform.jpg

fiowXOD.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start so far! Good look for the Bay Area Raiders. For merging teams I would suggest merging AFC-NFC instead of AFC-AFC & NFC-NFC. Also, will the teams be keeping at least one of the merging team names?

Looking forward to the rest!

54 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Great start so far! Good look for the Bay Area Raiders. For merging teams I would suggest merging AFC-NFC instead of AFC-AFC & NFC-NFC. Also, will the teams be keeping at least one of the merging team names?

Looking forward to the rest!

Most teams will keep one of the teams' name, but there are a few occasions where there will be a brand new name.

fiowXOD.png

Next Up is the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints Merger, The Atlanta Saints.

Notice the helmet is inspired by the Falcons throwback which dons the iconic gold helmet stripe. This uniform coincidentally has similar colors to the Bay Area Raiders, but I feel it is better in the aspect that it includes 3 main colors, rather than 4. One of my main problems is the fact that the Fluer-de-lis doesn't really fit in Atlanta. Comments and Criticism are appreciated.

Atlanta Saints Uniform.jpg

I wanted to also mention that I will probably only be doing Home Jersey Sets for this series.

fiowXOD.png

These are kind of a mess. For the Raiders, I think you need to ditch either gold or silver, and find a better way to incorporate the red. You need to integrate the red more than just a solid color and outlines. I don't think the gold numbers work very well with the red outline on black. 

Atlanta has the same problem. The big gold color seems out of place compared to a red helmet, a black jersey with little red, and white pants. 

Overall the color balance is really off for both sets, and I think the jerseys need to be totally reworked with better color flow. 

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

These are kind of a mess. For the Raiders, I think you need to ditch either gold or silver, and find a better way to incorporate the red. You need to integrate the red more than just a solid color and outlines. I don't think the gold numbers work very well with the red outline on black. 

I do indeed agree here. I will take the gold out and focus on Black, Silver, and Red.

fiowXOD.png

I like the idea behind these. but so far I don't think they've been executed very well. The colors seem to be fighting with one another for superiority instead of coming together to create a clean, cohesive look. I think focusing on black, silver, and red it a great idea on the first one, but on the second, i'd really like to see either a red or a gold jersey, both with black accents, because black remains an important part of both teams color schemes. What you have so far reminds me of when CFB teams do "awareness" games and force other colors (usually pink) into their uniforms and logos where they don't belong. I like this idea though, and I look forward to any improvements and future posts. Good luck!

I've updated the Bay Area Raiders and I think it looks MUCH Better. The pants are based off the 49ers 75th anniversary throwbacks, and the helmet off their old silver helmets. Jersey is basically Raiders colors with the Red 49ers sleeve stripes. I limited the use of white as well. 

EDIT- One moment, I'm having some trouble with the .jpg

fiowXOD.png

10 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

So I totally get the combination of Oakland and San Fran... but why Atlanta and New Orleans?

Most of the combinations in the series are with cities that are close to each other. The Southern US isn't very dense in teams aside from Florida, so the Falcons and the Saints ended up together.

fiowXOD.png

5 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Most of the combinations in the series are with cities that are close to each other. The Southern US isn't very dense in teams aside from Florida, so the Falcons and the Saints ended up together.

Atlanta with Jacksonville would've made a lot more sense

Here are the Dallas Texans. Clearly, the logo is inspired from the AFL'S Dallas Texans. The logo features a Star similar to the Cowboys' Star and Texas' Colors are split into red on one side and navy on the other, taking inspiration from the Texans' Primary Logo. The Helmet takes the color from the Texans and the Logo from the Cowboys.

Dallas Texans Uniform.jpg

fiowXOD.png

Archived