MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

I like the M's. One thing I am not really fond of is the star behind the trident on the hat. The star isn't used anywhere else on the set, so IMO, the star should be dropped in favor just the M.

What do you think?

Seattle Mariners Home Uniform 3.png

The two-striped look...like the Rangers (which looks purple from far away). This one is especially bad because of the sleeve piping being on the edge (with the placket, that's a no-no). 

Vic, you could try:

IMG_0946.PNG

and take it back to the PCL days.

35 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

This is a tough one. 

What if you tried one brown stripe and one yellow without the second brown stripe?

30 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Veto. Sorry, but I hate that look.

I actually think Coco's idea is good, using that style I'd be keeping Padres' current look

tyson-ross-mlb-los-angeles-dodgers-san-d

21 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Vic, you could try:

IMG_0946.PNG

That design has the same style than my 1st option, doesn't it?

"He's got God on his side. He's got the saints and apostles backin' up from behind". Time for the Padres.

I think the current Friars' identity is a bit of a mess: you have navy and yellow on the home, just navy on the road, an alternate uniform which is navy and another which is brown... That's why I decided to go back to the team's origins, bringing back the Brown/Yellow scheme.

For the home and home alt uniform I decided to use the current "Padres" script from the alternate Friday uni. For the road design I kept the current "San Diego" script, bringing back the sand colour. And the road alt uni is inspired by late 70's designs (I decided to use brown pants because I think it's the best combination) for the yellow jersey), featuring the "SD" monogram:

San Diego Padres Home Uniform.pngSan Diego Padres Road Uniform.pngSan Diego Padres Home Alt Uniform.pngSan Diego Padres Road Alt Uniform.png

I decided to keep the camo design for the Padres, but making it much more simple. I took the home uniform as base, replaced the "Padres" script for the "SD" monogram and used the "Desert MAPART" camo inside of it, as well as for the numbers and the trims. Thank you very much to @Paul Lucas for helping me out with the camo stuff!

San Diego Padres Camo Uniform.png

Nice work on the Padres! Like @Paul Lucas, I'm not sure how I feel about the brown pants. I'm also surprised you didn't go with the Taco Bell caps since you're embracing their '70s look.

The camo set is really nice and much more tasteful than what they currently wear. Navy camo probably makes more sense, but the desert camo colors fit with their identity better and I'm loving the camo stripes on the stirrups!

21 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work, brother!!! ??????

(not feeling the brown pants, but this set has so much to love).

11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work on the Padres! Like @Paul Lucas, I'm not sure how I feel about the brown pants. I'm also surprised you didn't go with the Taco Bell caps since you're embracing their '70s look.

The camo set is really nice and much more tasteful than what they currently wear. Navy camo probably makes more sense, but the desert camo colors fit with their identity better and I'm loving the camo stripes on the stirrups!

Thank you both!

Firstly I tried using yellow pants, but I didn't like the result. About the caps, I'm not a fan of the Taco Bell design, that's why I decided to go for simple caps.

Archived