Hometeam Haul-Over I: NBA

AAO

EDIT 8.11.04: No Longer an upcoming challenge, it has officially started and the deadline will be near the end of August.

I know we've got the Survivor Series, Then To Now III, 73's challenge, and Robbman's Evolution Challenge III going on, and I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my upcoming challenge for you guys to think about, The Hometeam Haul-Over I: NBA. I won't begin the voting until the Survivor Series is over, most likely, so you all have a while to work on this, and we can get more entries (hopefully).

I will not be entering this challenge. All of you saw my Washington Wizards haul over (see topic Washington Wizards Concept Unveiled).

hometeamhauloverlogos.gif

In this challenge, you will work on a redesign for the NBA team nearest you (your hometeam, more or less. For example, I live in Virginia, and about 45 minutes from Washington, D.C. So therefore, the Washington Wizards would be my hometeam). All 30 current NBA teams will be available.

If you live outside of the US or Canada, you may choose any NBA team you feel like choosing.

For those in Canada not near Toronto, pick the NBA team nearest you. For example, if you live in Vancouver, the Portland Trailblazers would be the NBA team closest to you.

For those in LA, you may choose either the Clippers or the Lakers.

Here's a link to Chris Creamer's Page of NBA Teams: NBA

You MAY NOT choose any defunct teams or teams that have moved (i.e. Charlotte Hornets, Buffalo Braves).

You do not have to create your own logo or alternate uniform (although you can), but you are required to have one new home uniform, one new away uniform, and one new alternate logo (a small, third logo, i.e. Grizzlies' ball and claw logo.) You can choose a whole new color scheme, keep the same colors, or edited the already established color scheme a little, whichever you prefer.

Here is a template for you guys, which you do not have to use (rasterized):

templates.gif

For those that need a vectorized version, check the "templates" post up at the top first page of the forums.

I'll let you guys know of any updates, but for now begin thinking about it, and good luck to all of you!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word to big bird. Lookin' forward to rockin' this bad boy.

I'm going to have a hard time selecting a team :D .

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

For example, if you live in Vancouver, the Portland Trailblazers would be the NBA team closest to you.

Actually, the Sonics are the closest team to Vancouver but I like the Blazers more. :P

I'm looking forward to this. Awesome logos, AAO.

Yo, AAO, sweet logos, man! But, I should tell you: the SS won't be over until around October.

Yea nitroseed, thats what i was expecting. Like I said, this would just be a heads up. I wanted most of the people in the Survivor Series to enter, but i understand they're busy with that right now. The NBA season doesn't get underway until October/November anyway, and any other changes for this upcoming season will take place before then, (bobcats uniforms, jason terry's "projected" hawks change, other alternate uniforms coming out this year like the P. Diddy Mavericks alt). Like I said, this would just be a heads up. I wanted most of the people in the Survivor Series to enter, but i understand they're busy with that right now. I wasn't expecting any entries this early on.

So you all have a while to think abomut it. I'm looking forward to all you guys'

entries.

And of course, i've got somethin real nice for the top 3 entries for your signatures. i've already got the idea in my head, and its half carried out (dont worry it'll be a normal size so it fits in your sig just fine, nothin enormous or anything).

Actually, the Sonics are the closest team to Vancouver but I like the Blazers more.

oh thanks for correcting me. i always thought portland would be closer for some reason...

Quick question (just so I don't have to worry about asking it later)...

Obviously the Knicks are the closest team to me...

However, would it be valid to use the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets? (I'll still probably do the Knicks just 'cause their my team - but I just wanna know if the Nets are fair game in case I wanna give it a whirl and submit the better of the two)

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Hmm, I might throw my hat in the ring with concepts for the first time - but I'm not quite sure which team to do considering the closest team to the greater Buffalo area is probably Toronto. If we're restricted to the US, it would be Cleveland...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Whichever NBA team Buffalo would call their "hometeam" for the NBA would be the team you do. For example, I live about an hour outside of DC, so the Wizards would be my NBA home team. Buffalo's in New York, so possibly the Knicks might be considered your home team, even though Cleveland and Toronto are closer. Unless Buffalo is considers either the Cavaliers or Raptors their "hometeam" more or less.

Nice job Bry!

I really like the road and alt,but I dont know about the yellow/gold home.....white maybe?Regardless though thats 2 of 3 that I really like,nice job!Also,where did your sig come from?I have seen it before and not thought to ask.Is it a done deal or is that the proposal?Me and my g/f were on vacation 2 weeks ago in NO and we went so far as to even look for a potential site or construction going on!Anyway I love the concept AND the sig.

98Falcons.png

Archived