San Diego Swordfish

GMS1122

this is a concept for my PFA expansion team canidate, the San Diego Swordfish. Nitroseed and myself worked together on this logo, some places you may be able to tell who did what, but thats just because nitro is a god.

I came up with the original idea, and nitro just made everything "pop" and hes awesome, cant thank him enough. so without further ado....

sd-swordfish.jpg

looking forward to hearing your comments/critiques ^_^

Looks really great, guys. Two things, though. One, maybe it's just me but is the top part of a swordfish(I dunno what you call it, it's not a fin. The huge thing running along the top of his back) really that tall? It's as tall as the fish itself, if not more in some places in the logo. But I don't know anything about fish. Secondly, maybe I'm just slow, but what's going on in the SD secondary? I can't tell what all that color is supposed to be. A wave? Finally, the wordmark looks good. What font did you use? I'm always looking for good fonts.

Looks really great, guys. Two things, though. One, maybe it's just me but is the top part of a swordfish(I dunno what you call it, it's not a fin. The huge thing running along the top of his back) really that tall? It's as tall as the fish itself, if not more in some places in the logo. But I don't know anything about fish. Secondly, maybe I'm just slow, but what's going on in the SD secondary? I can't tell what all that color is supposed to be. A wave? Finally, the wordmark looks good. What font did you use? I'm always looking for good fonts.

yeah, the fin's actually that big, we did our research B) ... Thats supposed to be a wave in the SD, thats easily the shakiest part of the concept and will likely be changed. Also the font is Archery Rounded.

I absolutely love this logo, great work guys! I think the secondary would be more like a wave if the yellow was taken out. I really do like the second Secondary more however. Looks fantastic.

Graet work once again. These collaborations are a great thing to see.

heres a new secondary i came up with, i leke it better than the wave one for sure...what do you think?

sd-swordfish-secondary.jpg

Looks like a combo of the Marlins and Chargers.

I liked the first ones idea better, id just have that fin silouhette coming from the bottom left of the D, and across.

I think that dorsal is a strong mark, and would look cool against the Monogram.

heres a new secondary i came up with, i leke it better than the wave one for sure...what do you think?

sd-swordfish-secondary.jpg

Looks like a combo of the Marlins and Chargers.

Yep, right down to the stripe in the lower-half of the SD.

But the logo & concept are very strong & have lots of great possiblities. I know the final product will look great! :D

Wow!!!! Simply amazing! The primary logo looks great with all the detail and the shadowing. I like the second secondary better than the first, although I would like to see the wave without the yellow, it might look better...

:notworthy::notworthy:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

WOW! Great concept, applause all around to ALL those involved...

It's always a pleasure to see what you guys post when it's original work.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Put the swordfish inside the SD, like you did with the wave. Looks great overall.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived