WHA's Dallas Americans Logo/Uniforms...

ColeJ

they were supposed to release them at a press conference today, that also announced eddie belfour as part owner, and possible starting goaltender...

i'm very interested to see how corny these uniforms are going to be.

From the Dallas Morning News website ( http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...lede.34c14.html ).

Part-owner Belfour may play for Dallas WHA team

02:45 PM CDT on Thursday, August 5, 2004

By RICHARD DURRETT / The Dallas Morning News

Former Stars goalie Ed Belfour said it?s a ?very real possibility? that he will play for the Dallas Americans of the World Hockey Association if an NHL lockout occurs.

Belfour was introduced as a part owner of the WHA franchise Thursday and said he will oversee all hockey related activities with the club, including hiring a general manager and coach in the next few weeks.

?I?m working on the insurance now,? said Belfour, who plans on retiring in Dallas following his hockey career. He is under contract with Toronto. ?I don?t want to sit around. I can stay in shape and play for this team.?

Americans owner Rick Munro said he expects to open offices at Reunion Arena next week and start signing players by the end of August. At that time, the team will begin selling tickets. The WHA has only five teams committed to next season, but Munro said those teams would still play a 76-game schedule.

?I understand fans are wondering because we don?t have any players,? Munro said. ?That?s our product, so we need to get players in here before we can sell tickets.?

The team also unveiled a logo and jersey, which Belfour helped design. The jersey is primarily white, with blue and red trim. It has the United States and Texas flags on the front.

E-mail rdurrett@dallasnews.com

Personal comments: No pictures on the website. I never knew Eddie the Eagle was an artist???

Personal comments: No pictures on the website.  I never knew Eddie the Eagle was an artist???

Hmm... based on the description of the jersey, the words "artist" and "design" are being used liberally.

^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

yeah... they just showed a clip of it on the news.

the jersey they showed was white, with red/white/blue/white/red stripes on the bottom, with a fat blue stripe at the bottom, filled with white stars... the crest looks like clip-art, of just a texas flag with a flagpole, and an american flag, with a flagpole, crossed in an X shape...

pretty ugly... but much less tacky than other teams i've seen in this league.

Whoever got these guys to design logos, oviously didn't look at us and FAIRLY want our designs.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

"The jersey is primarily white, with blue and red trim. It has the United States and Texas flags on the front."

All the creative genius of a six-year old. IMHO, say it with me children, it B, B and S all at the same time.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I know what they look like, i was whatching it on sportsnet, with eddie belfour, unveling them. Just picture the Texas Rangers Flag, Crossing with the American flag, Then u got stars at the bottom, and red and dark blue lines about it, and on the arms as well . Here i drew them so u know what they look like. I'm sorry if its not good perfect, but it think this is all the same. ( im not sure if i saw colour on the shoulders or not cus i only had a minute to look at them )

ts.gif

4kv29i.jpg

wha ? i was just doing a ruff draft so you picture what they look like, and the flag is not backwards that is what they actually did. I would of dont it better but i dont got all day, i jsut wann show you so you got an idea of what they look like.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived