Rangers/Orioles TBTC Weekend

BigEd76

i recall a while back, i had an 83 Brewers calendar which i've since lost. I remember seeing that logo in said calendar, as games against spring training and season opponents were marked with b & w logos. the next season they switched to the script and logo associated with Nolan Ryan's tenure with teh team, although they donned jerseys of all three colors(white-home, blue-away?, red-alt) for a few years before adopting the "Ryan-era" uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have only one thing to say about this:

:puke:

'Nuff said.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

capt.bab10108082035.rangers_orioles_bab101.jpgcapt.bab10308072325.rangers_orioles_bab103.jpg

capt.bab10208082033.rangers_orioles_bab102.jpgcapt.bab10608080144.rangers_orioles_bab106.jpg

capt.bab10708072350.rangers_orioles_bab107.jpgcapt.bab10808072351.rangers_orioles_bab108.jpg

I like the pic of Sidney Ponson in the throwbacks...speaking of which....

In my best Chris Farley impression as Motivational Speaker Matt Foley on SNL:

I CAN'T SEE TOO GOOD, IS THAT CURT SCHILLING OR WHAT???

I love retro as much as anybody does... But when they have retro weekend every 2 weeks, it gets annoying <_<

That being said, the Orioles look good as always

We've only had 4 retro weekends so far out of a total of five - about one each month of the season. We're doing it because it's our 50th anniversary, and we want to do something special for the fans. My guess is that things will go back to normal next year. Of course, we may change our uniforms in response to fan comments from the retro jerseys this year, but a decision on that won't happen until the off-season.

A little off-topic, but I was watching the game on the Rangers' FOX Southwest affiliate, with the Rangers' commentating team calling the game. This game was such a blowout that, after briefly mentioning the Wild Card chase and the game between Boston and Minnesota (which Minnesota lost), the Rangers' announcers (Tom Grieve and someone else) went on and on for around 10 minutes about Twins player Matt LeCroy winning $500 for eating a beetle earlier this season. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen during a game- the announcers were ignoring the action on the field for 10 minutes just to talk about a grown man eating a bug.

tyson.jpg

Archived