2018 MLS Kits

labc93

Don't understand the inclusion of navy for FC Dallas. Their trim has always been royal. And there are already multiple red/navy teams with Chicago, New England, RSL, and even RBNY if you want to count them. FC Dallas should have never moved away from the red/white hoops.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This season’s training gear is starting to become available:

http://www.mlsstore.com/search/adidas training 2018

As well as the new Anthem jackets:

http://www.mlsstore.com/search/anthen full zip ZNE jacket

Well, this is odd. NYCFC just posted an unboxing video for a different anthem jacket.

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Well, this is odd. NYCFC just posted an unboxing video for a different anthem jacket.

Yeah, and that’s the same one that Villa was wearing at MLS Media Days. So either the mockup on the MLS Store is wrong, or there actually are two different ones for them. I’m still expecting the new secondary to feature the monochromatic crest like what’s on the anthem jacket on the MLS Store and the new training gear, so perhaps the one in that unboxing video is a seperate one that’s only meant to be used when they wear the primaries. Or the mockup for the one up on the MLS Store could just be wrong, which seems just as likely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I do like this one so much better. 

DUp1A-9X4AA89Q4.jpg

But man, am I glad NYCFC doesn’t put Etihad on their jackets and sideline gear.  Really hate that. 

pretty good stuff there

FH’s mockup of the Whitecaps away shirt, which they’re saying is dark gray and silver:

vancouver-whitecaps-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Not a fan, personally. The pattern is nice, but the dark gray and silver color scheme is puzzling for them. I’d much prefer it if it was navy with light blue accents, but even that’d be a bit uninspired still, especially after their last away kit. Frankly I’d like to see them freshen up their away kit one of these years by going with a royal blue/cyan color scheme as a tribute to their old NASL kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Whitecaps are a prime example of a team not served well by the kit change cycle. Simple white at home, simple navy on the road is their best look, there's only so much else you can do. I suppose I don't mind the dark grey but I agree with the throwback blue scheme idea.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, Digby said:

Whitecaps are a prime example of a team not served well by the kit change cycle. Simple white at home, simple navy on the road is their best look, there's only so much else you can do. I suppose I don't mind the dark grey but I agree with the throwback blue scheme idea.

There is a lot of design history to mine from their USL and NASL days that they've chosen not to use for the most part.  The cycle doesn't really mean they should be out of ideas when they've never really even tried the central hoop as a design element. Here's their USL shirts

4e31c-dscf6820-620x465.jpg

Or here's some NASL majesty. 

Kenyon79.jpg

I'm digging that picture.  Not only are both the Whitecaps and Rowdies kits pure fire and the mustaches on point, but it appears that BOTH teams are happily celebrating the Whitecaps championship?  Wouldn't see that nowadays . . . 

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Unless it’s photoshopped, which was my thought.  

Are they unveiling a primary kit or clash kit?

Primary. And yes, it’s photoshopped. Someone on Reddit desaturated the whole image with the MLS badge and you can tell the shades of gray on the badge match those on the shirt:

ba5Z7R1.jpg

So it looks like the shirt will feature burgundy sleeves with light blue cuffs, and the Adidas stripes will likely be light blue as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Blue sleeves would be preferable.

Always presumed that the white sleeves were a reference to Arsenal.  Still not a fan. 

I’ve seen some people dispute the Arsenal influence in their kits over the last few years, but it’s been pretty obvious, especially with last season’s home/away set:

Colorado-Rapids-Uniform_0.jpg

new-Arsenal-2014-15-jerseys-home-away-pu

It’s nice to see that they’re seemingly going back to the burgundy sleeves on their home kit this season rather than continuing with the Arsenal look. And even though I like the flag-themed secondaries, I’m hoping they deviate from the yellow/blue/yellow combo next year as a way to further distance their set from the Gunners’ classic kit combos.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Leak of the Fire home shirt:

2018.jpg

Looks to be a tribute to their inaugural home shirt:

Jersey_1998.jpg

Pretty nice, except the sponsor logo is too big (just like it is on their secondary) and the navy Adidas stripes look a bit out of place. I would’ve either made the Adidas stripes white or made the collar and cuffs navy with white trim to make it closer to the original. Or both. Also, as a reminder, here’s the leak of the shorts and socks from MLS Media Day:

96b3bl137db01.jpg

I appreciate them adding the white stripe to the socks, but it’s inexplicable that it doesn’t match the stripe on the shirt. If Bayern can put matching northwestern stripes on the socks, then the Fire should be able to too.

bayern-munich-17-18-away-kit-5.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

I'm digging that picture.  Not only are both the Whitecaps and Rowdies kits pure fire and the mustaches on point, but it appears that BOTH teams are happily celebrating the Whitecaps championship?  Wouldn't see that nowadays . . . 

I love it. Everyone's just out there having a nice time. It's adorable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived