2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It would be a sad, lonely world if what you suggested was true, when you and I couldn’t enjoy or even take pride in our city’s wonders without somehow necessarily also endorsing the institutionalized racism that has stained it.

Who said anything about pride in one's city? I am quite clearly a New York City chauvinist. How many people do you know who have written and recorded a song in tribute to New York in which the City is called, in translation from the original Esperanto, "the most civilised place in the world"? (Song available upon request.) 

No doubt here is where you emit an "Aha!" worthy of Clouseau, and begin making accusations.  To which I say that I am at once New Yorker and a global citizen, just as I am at once an individual and a prolerarian (for any fellow Esperantists out there: I am at once a finvenkisto and a raŭmisto); and I see no contradictions in this.

While I embrace the guiding role of ideology in morality and in developing a worldview, I reject dogma. I have already admitted that I support England in international football competitions, even if I would prefer that these teams and these competitions did not exist. Alas, every person confronts the fact that the real world refuses to arrange itself according to his or her preferences, and makes adjustments accordingly.

The one thing that I admire about national teams is their uniforms. How nice it would have been if the categorical rejection that you express towards extra television ads had been expressed by fans in general towards uniform ads. Club teams would look as good as national teams do; and we'd have a far more beautiful visual universe in the sporting world.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The only way that white socks look good is with an all-white kit, such as the cool one that they wore on Earth Day.

dba9l9pwsae9bdw1524443046841-5434287050.png

IMG_7653.jpg

We don’t speak of that day or the White (flag) kits...we got spanked 3-0. I say burn ‘em all.

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

While I embrace the guiding role of ideology in morality and in developing a worldview, I reject dogma.

No, you don’t.  

You really, really don’t.

Oh, indeed I do, as evidenced by, well, lots of things (only a very few of which have been touched upon in this discussion). 

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

We don’t speak of that day or the White (flag) kits...we got spanked 3-0. I say burn ‘em all.

Yes, we lost bad that day. But our guys looked sharp in the photos.  That's usually good enough for me. 

I have accepted that I care more about teams' uniforms than about their results. Of course, it is helpful when teams in nice uniforms win, so that no one can argue against a good uniform on the basis of its being associated with bad results, as you have done here, and as many people do when talking about the Tampa Bay Bucs' original uniforms.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Oh, indeed I do, as evidenced by, well, lots of things (only a very few of which have been touched upon in this discussion).

Dude, you are all about dogma.  

Like I admire your commitment to Esperanto, but the utter dedication is nothing if not dogmatic. 

• 1 month later...

Did you know that the language spoken by the Shadowloo citizens in the 1994 Street Fighter movie was Esperanto? True story.

Related to that Timbers jersey, I just hung a framed version of this bad boy in my office:

sounders-fc-vs-new-york-city-fc-2018-163

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I love that poster. I like it that they put the US rivals in the smaller spaces. Mexico being the smallest.

I think the intent was to feature the flags of the most prominent players since Nico Lodeiro is Uruguayan, Gustav Svensson is Swedish, etc.

But the Mexico one is funny.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived