Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2019 at 10:57 PM, BellaSpurs said:

The right version but both are better

On 5/1/2019 at 4:54 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Left IMO

On 5/1/2019 at 8:20 PM, rattyrattera said:

I actually prefer the original, with the sword on both the jersey and pants.

So right now it’s looking like a split decision. I’m partial to the original version myself, but I’m happy with any of the three, so if anyone has an opinion about them, please let me hear it!

In the mean time, there’s two more teams done. While neither are particularly groundbreaking, I’m happy with how they turned out. Up first....

Indianapolis Colts 

Helmet:

Just one small tweak here, and it’s more reverting to an old look. Blue facemasks return to replace the gray masks. Everything else is the same. 

Jerseys:

Just they two, blue home and white road. The classic jerseys remain intact with small changes. First, the shoulder stripes stretch just a tad further down, not all that noticeable though. More noticeable, on the other hand, is the number font, which is now the same as the font used on the helmets. Personally, I love that font and would totally be down with it being used in real life. 

Pants:

Two pairs, as blue road pants return. A small freak is made to the striping, as the two stripe pattern is now a single stripe to match the helmet, resulting in the helmet and pant stripes matching, while the jerseys match the socks. 

Combinations:

Honestly, white pants are probably my preference for most games, both home and road, but I do like the blue pants for a couple road games a year as a change of pace.

dpgvkcL.jpg

And now for the next team:

Dallas Cowboys 

Pretty much following the usual steps of simplifying the color scheme and creating some continuity from white to blue jerseys. 

Helmet:

No changes. 

Jerseys:

I went with the less-commonly used jersey to base the set on: the blue jerseys. In my opinion, the blue jersey is the superior of the two, so that’s what I went with. The numbers are no longer outlined though, and the font is tweaked to be more similar to the Staubach era numbers without being a direct copy. 

Pants:

Just a single pair of silver pants with stripes matching the helmet. 

Combinations:

[Insert same joke about not having any other possible combinations so there obviously aren’t any] Obviously Dallas would be a white-at-home team, but in my world, teams (at least NFC East teams) would bring back the tradition of wearing white to force Dallas into blue on the road. 

AB0sDP8.jpg

So are these changes people can live with? Or do y’all wanna riot in the streets? And don’t forget to voice an opinion about the possible changes to the Buccaneers jerseys if you have a preference! I’m all ears

This has probably been my favorite concept series on the boards. I love the sword striping on the Bucs pants, but I would stick to the simpler striping on the sleeve. Love the tweaks you made to the Colts. For the Boys, I don’t think the Navy uniforms look as strong without the double outlines. The double outlines have always worked for me because of the logo. But I understand why you did it that way for consistency sake with the primary white top.

*on second thought, I actually like the sword striping on the jerseys. I could go either way on that.

Here we go one more time, let’s not get too emotional 😭 

Atlanta Falcons 

Similar to the Cardinals, the Falcons have a look based heavily on piping from the Reebok era, and while Atlanta looks much better than Arizona, the piping really has overstayed its welcome. Let’s get to it. 

Logo/Colors:

Nothing major, but the logo (and therefore the color scheme) has received one minor tweak. The silver outline on the logo is replaced with a gold outline, calling back to the first years of the franchise when they included gold as a way to incorporate something from Georgia Tech. 

Helmet:

The only change here is the update to the logo.

Jerseys:

Home red, road white, and alternate black designs are all available. Each has a contrasting collar, black, black, and red, respectively. All three jerseys have the same sleeve design, which is based off the top of the logo. I really can’t seem to put it into words exactly, so that’ll be what the pictures are for. The number font is the same as the current, but the drop shadow is gone, instead the numbers just have a standard outline. 

Pants:

Two options, white and black, both with the same stripes based on the logo. 

Combinations:

Go nuts. As long as the black pants are worn with red socks, I personally don’t think any jersey/pant combination looks bad with this set. 

That’s all the words I have for ‘em, so here they are:

alK5P9N.jpg

AVnGqiF.jpg

So umm... any good? Any tweaks needed? 

On another note... as some of you may have figured out, Atlanta is team 32 in a 32 team league, so every team has been redone. Kinda crazy. I started this on a whim and even as I did them I never really thought I’d actually complete it, but here we are. Not really certain where I wanna go from here, but when I figure it out I’ll say something. I do wanna get emotional for a quick second and say thanks to those who stuck through this. This thread has been a good way for me to get away from the stress of the real world and definitely helped me through some tougher times, so thanks to everyone for looking. It means a lot that a few random people from around the internet actually cared enough about my crap to look at it, so again, thank you.

-Jake

*mic drop*🎤✌️

Nice work! Maybe falcons script above the numbers?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived