DiscrimiBattle XXI

Discrim

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here we go with my entry

steelers2.gif

home and away are merely reduxes of a past concept, and the alternate is kind of a heritage jersey (the Pre-Curtain style), only modernized a bit.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Midwest Eagle, I'm definately digging the idea of using a darker grey with black and yellow numbers. I think the execution could probably use a little work, but I love the general idea. In fact, with the current Steelers template, the combo. could make for a sweet alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

skater20na, this looks like a winner, not to voice my vote so early though, ahem. i wasnt the biggest fan of the new steelers logo on a flat screen, but it looks HOT on the helmet. i like how you added the grey. (i did it too ^_^) btw, what number font is that and where would i get it? i like it a lot.

also i like how your model is ben roethlisberger. im from ohio, so i like to see the hometown boys.

you HAVE to do this on the smooth nike template. its too good for a pixel template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

heres a few small tinkers with my steelers concept. lost the white pants because, well, they sucked, and they were totally not steelers. also added a grey stripe to the away jersey sleeves so they match the stripe on the black pants.

PittsburghSteelers.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm along-time lurker/first time poster and life time uniform & logo enthusiast. This particular concept is what brings me out from the shadows.

Fuzz, I love this concept, especially the addition of grey - representing steel/iron. I have a few suggestions, but overall this to me is outstanding...

1)I would have the striping on the yellow pants match the stripe width of the black pants. I like the fact that there is continuity with the width of the jersey striping and pants on the all-black set.

2)I'd add grey to the stripes to the home jersey,just enough to make the yellow pop, as you did on the away jersey.

3)finally I would use a grey face mask to tie this package up into a nice little bow

Love the font and as I said the grey makes it for me....

As an aside, I think by and large what all of you guys do here is nothing less than stellar. I am not a designer but after spending a little over a year here observing,I am truly inspired to try something myself. (I am an artist, albeit my media are writing,music and film.) I envy all of you who have this wonderful talent.

With your permission I will chime in occasion to give a fan's perspective...keep up the great work guys and gals.... :notworthy:

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

I'm along-time lurker/first time poster and life time uniform & logo enthusiast. This particular concept is what brings me out from the shadows.

i knew we were being watched! :D i'd say welcome but you've been here for a while...heck, i'll say welcome anyway ^_^

As an aside, I think by and large what all of you guys do here is nothing less than stellar. I am not a designer but after spending a little over a year here observing,I am truly inspired to try something myself. (I am an artist, albeit my media are writing,music and film.) I envy all of you who have this wonderful talent.

With your permission I will chime in occasion to give a fan's perspective...keep up the great work guys and gals.... :notworthy:

ya don't need permission, all ya need is the opinion. speaking of opinion, it's review time...

vicfurth: a nice tweak to what's there...it looks like an attempt to resembe teh Jags with the sleeve striping, but heh. edit: changes have been made so i gotta recritique. the split numbers are okay, the pants are clever (the rivets!)

Geoff: normally i wouldn't think gray and orange together would work too well. it's a case of the gray being dark enough so it works here.

skater20na: i like the helmet ;) if STL decides to drop by i'll let him mention the bad news.

chapi: gold home, gray road...did the Nets and Lakers merge? all kidding aside, reminds me of the Pacers' Flojo unis.

Evan: yours smacks of indoor...no, it's not reminiscent of anything ever worn in the outdoor game but the Crew's current unis are too staid for my taste so anything's better in my eyes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1)I would have the striping on the yellow pants match the stripe width of the black pants. I like the fact that there is continuity with the width of the jersey striping and pants on the all-black set.

2)I'd add grey to the stripes to the home jersey,just enough to make the yellow pop, as you did on the away jersey.

3)finally I would use a grey face mask to tie this package up into a nice little bow

1. i wanted the pants to be different so they uniform was not uniform, basically. there are times when i like continuity, and there are times i dont. i dunno, the grey stripes on the yellow pants are bugging me, though.

2. this is definitely possible, and you are likely to see this soon if i think it looks good.

3. im not a fan of the grey facemask, unless its a similar color helmet, i.e. silver or grey, but who knows.

thank you for your suggestions.

Archived