Bundesliga Club Redesigns

mcrosby

While I'm not very familiar with the Bundesliga, I'd say like the direction here.

Stuttgart is a great update; a much more cohesive look! Love the new font.

Schalke works, but I could imagine a middle ground keeping some of the roundedness and serifs it had before.

M'gladbach is a clever idea, but feels a bit more sterile/corporate now ala Juventus.

1 hour ago, vtgco said:

While I'm not very familiar with the Bundesliga, I'd say like the direction here.

Stuttgart is a great update; a much more cohesive look! Love the new font.

Schalke works, but I could imagine a middle ground keeping some of the roundedness and serifs it had before.

M'gladbach is a clever idea, but feels a bit more sterile/corporate now ala Juventus.

I moved away from round for Schalke because there is A LOT of round in the Bundesliga, and the rectangle is not too common in soccer. 

M'gladbach *tips fedora* was definitely inspired by the new, corporate feel some clubs are moving towards. 

18 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Hannover 96's logo has always looked like an American truck stop's logo to me, but it's pretty iconic. I wanted to keep the same feel, but add something extra, maybe an H for Hannover. 

ZAo1Fdj.png

I think that this one is perfect! Don't change anything! When you look at the original logo, all it needed, in order to have the idea of adding the "H", was to add more spacing in between the "9" and the "6"!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

6 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Hannover 96's logo has always looked like an American truck stop's logo to me.

Is it because of Unocal 76?

6 hours ago, mcrosby said:

1.FC Kaiserslautern

miWpBIS.png

FCKing brilliant.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Hamburger SV currently uses a simple flag logo, which is great and give the choice, I probably wouldn't alter. But that's not the spirit of this project. 

OgArj0m.png

The Buccaneers of the League, FC St.  Pauli already have a pretty great logo, but their pirate fanbase just isn't properly represented without the skull and crossbones. 

7QPBclu.png

Disclaimer: I was a bit rushed making this one and altered a stock skull. 

Love what you've done for Hanover! My only suggestion is to make the legs of the H longer (i.e. shift the 9 up & the 6 down)

Dortmund is cool, and Kaiserslautern is really clever. No suggestions here.

The shape of the Dresden shield is kinda awkward, especially with the orientation of the text on top.

St Pauli and Hamburger are really interesting but slight downgrades. Hard to top what they've already got, but good ideas!

St Pauli could have a compromise with the castle in a half-circle like you have with the skull in the lower half.

Keep up the good work! I'd be happy to see uniforms if you're up for it!

Barely any changes to Fortuna, this is a damn fine logo. If anyone has something else they'd like to see for them let me know. 

Fortuna Düsseldorf

EWQf1mR.png

VfL Wolfsburg played some FIFA on Xbox and really enjoyed the look, so they updated their logo to appeal to gamers...probably. They've had great logos in the past, some with banners, some with a castle, all with a big beautiful W. 

n5TXEpT.png

I know it isn’t one of the best design strategies ever, but the flag in a logo is one of the quirks about soccer I do love. I think the perfect circle is stretching too far for it and might be too American. (As I say soccer instead of football). I think you got something up your sleeve that can outshine it!

These are great. I'm familiar with all the teams through FIFA, Champions League, FS1, and Twitter (USMNT follower) so I see all the brands but I don't "fully" understand all the quirks in the crests. Im not sure if you're simply trying to just fix the logos or if you dove behind them to figure out all the representations. Excellent work all around though. Some I do love (Stuttgart, St. Pauli, Dresden, Dortmund) and some I feel its just a lateral move (mostly Wolfsburg and Hertha Berlin, but maybe I'm just too big a fan of the current identities.) Great work overall though, I love these

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived