Nike-fy the MLB

infernoqueso

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, infernoqueso said:

I going to keep moving along with the Mets.  This time I am going back to a ton of options, with a set of racing stripes and a set of classics.  One hat ties the looks together.  

spacer.png

I'd flip Mr. Met on the sleeves. He should be running towards the front of the jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Mariners - I've always liked the idea of using their '70s/'80s scripts with their current colors, so this has my seal of approval. One suggestion I have is to make the inner stroke on the road set white because there's not much contrast between the silver and gray. On that same line of thought, maybe make the script on the teal alt white so it pops a bit more.  

Marlins - As we've now seen, the black on black alt just doesn't work in real life, so I'd make the script and numbers white. I'd also think about adding front numbers to the jerseys--As @Carolingian Steamroller demonstrated in his recent series, it really completes the look. I like the addition of blue pinstripes to the home set!

Mets - Great job all around! Maybe make one of the blue alts orange? Also, for the home set (non-cream version) maybe drop the pinstripes altogether to give them a plain white option (with or without racing stripes) to be worn at home?

Keep up the great work!

• 1 month later...

Going to keep posting and work back around for updates.  Next team up is the Arizona Diamondbacks.  While their uniforms are universally hated, I think they're actually a solid base.  If any team is going to have a modern look its an expansion team that embraced 90s trends.  This means leaving the diamond pattern on the uniforms, but I toned down the rest of the look.  Dropped the teal, only two traditional hats, and plain pants.  Also embraced Nike styles to create a fauxback based on the early 2000s look.  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Moving along with the Atlanta Braves a team with a great look.  However, I think there is a lot more room for creativity.    White, grey, and red looks add a shoulder patch and aren't too outrageous.  The faux-backs however play up to Nike's strengths with unorthodox design based off the old royal blue look.  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Had to do a quick Google on the Orioles throwback script wordmark. Love the exaggeration you took on the little cowlick-lookin thing coming off the O, sets the script apart and pops great on the orange third.

1 hour ago, PozzyBear said:

Had to do a quick Google on the Orioles throwback script wordmark. Love the exaggeration you took on the little cowlick-lookin thing coming off the O, sets the script apart and pops great on the orange third.

That’s their actual throwback script, I don’t think any changes were made. It is much better than their current script

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The next team is the Detroit Tigers, a team with y the most boring uniforms in the league.  Some may call this tradition, but I think they have room for both a traditional look, and something pleasing to watch grace the field.  To do this, I unified a "D" logo to use on both cap and jersey that fits both, and I added orange to all uniforms.  Additionally some alternates are added, and introduced a tiger sleeve patch.  However, no colored alternates, and a relatively tamed design keep the core identityspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

No feedback, so I'll post the Royals. In this instance I have kept the button up, but in a style that evokes the striping of a pullover.  And while I usually value color consistency (see above concept), the Royals pose a problem.  My take uses mixes of royal, gold, and powder blue in different non-matching combos.  IMO Gold is necessary to differentiate from the dodgers, but doesn't look good on all color bases, and can be swapped for powder blue in a unique look.    

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sorry, I meant to post feedback for the Tigers but forgot. I think you should commit to one style or the other for the home and road instead having two home white and two road gray options. Personally, I'd make the jersey with the "Tigers" script an orange home alt and the road jersey with the "D" a navy road alt with the "D" being white with orange trim (or visa versa). I never subscribed to the belief that the Tigers are on the same level of "sacred cow" as the Yankees that they should never wear colored alts.

Love the Royals! For the home and blue alt, maybe make the inner sleeve stripe gold instead of white for better color balance.

Keep up the great work!

Archived