infernoqueso

Nike-fy the MLB

I am starting "another" MLB thread, but the catch here is the concepts are modeled after the college baseball nike designs.  This means a ton of options, fauxbacks, and non-traditional designs.  The first team is the Houston Astros, a team many college programs model uniforms after.  I took a page out of the NCAA's book and brought back the rainbow guts with a modern twist.  Additionally, the more traditional options have added a shooting star above the team names.  C&C are appreciated, but any edits will be about 2 months out.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Next up, the Oakland Athletics, and a the return of a brighter green.  The uniforms mostly stay intact other than a switch to a brighter green, with the exception of sleeve patch colorways.  What makes this interesting are the fauxback options that include one of the major college trends.. colored pants.  Just like the old A's ,the fauxbacks take a vest form with the original A logo on the chest.  Expect a lot more colored pants and pullovers to come... spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Especially for teams that only have 2 colors + white, I see a lot of people here basically just make every option possible. You, however, even in making 6 uniform sets, have not. There are a few differences  and different uniforms themselves. Great work!

For the Milwaukee brewers, I went in a different direction and didn't go with many options.  Instead every uniform is a pullover, and I scrapped a grey road uniform.  Decided on the classic powder blue to complaint the lighter blue and yellow color scheme. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

For the Milwaukee brewers, I went in a different direction and didn't go with many options.  Instead every uniform is a pullover, and I scrapped a grey road uniform.  Decided on the classic powder blue to complaint the lighter blue and yellow color scheme. 

No complaints from me. And kudos for resisting the urge to reinvent the wheel.

And now for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Its a classic brand that doesn't leave much room for innovation, and for that reason the only difference is a fauxback to add a bit of flair.  Also change of wordmark on the away, not revolutionary but imo is much better.  

12 hours ago, JG36 said:

I hope Nike brings back the powder blue alts from the 80s. Could you try that?

Sure can,. I’ll get around to edits after all the teams are posted.  Although I tried to stay away from oversaturating my designs with powder blue uniforms, because I find them gimmicky.