AAF x NFL (AAF as the NFL's farm system concepts)

mattr1198

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, the NFC West has arrived:

Arizona Hotshots (Arizona Cardinals): Decided to keep the identity and logo for this one, only changing the green to black to better line up with the Cards' colors. However, the biggest change comes from location, as I chose to move the team to Tuscon, where they are much more likely to gain a larger following than previously. They will play in the oversized Arizona Stadium as, unfortunately, it is the only stadium available for use.

San Diego Fleet (Los Angeles Rams): One of the most followed teams in the original AAF keeps their name and identity, but gets a significant color refresh, now featuring the Rams' throwback yellow and royal blue, along with the team's primary navy. The text also gets an alteration as the drop shadows are now yellow as well. While they will probably will have to play in the oversized SDCCU for a little while, they will then move into SDSU's new 30,000-seat Aztec Stadium (formerly SDSU West), which is looking for another tenant anyway.

Portland Chinooks (Seattle Seahawks): With all the existing AAF teams done, it was time to get more creative for the Seahawks affiliate. Portland seemed like a perfect fit as a large, passionate market looking for some football and not too far from Seattle. After looking at several options, I chose the name Chinooks (a species of Salmon) because of the fish's large impact in the Pacific Northwest. I modeled the logo after the "Coast Art" design language also previously incorporated into the Seahawks primary. I kept the colors from the parent team as well. Providence Park is a natural fit for a minor league team. The venue is beloved by those in the Portland area and it's set to receive some renovations that will make it one of the best venues in the league.

Sacramento Prosectors (San Francisco 49ers): I thought about putting this team in Fresno or Sacramento, but ultimately decided on the latter because of the larger size and greater proximity. The team name obviously refers to the gold mining prospectors during the gold rush that the parent team is named after. The black is removed from the color scheme, simplifying it down to the Niners' classic red and gold. The logo comprises of two pickaxe heads, curved in a way to form a football with the city abbreviation linking them. Hornet Stadium is the only reasonable venue in the Sacramento area and its size is perfect for a minor league team.

spacer.png

I'll be making one more visual of all the teams' helmets as a way to close this series! Obviously, if you have any comments with this final set, feel free to make suggestions!

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Maybe try uniforms and photoshop? These last few logos look good!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• 3 months later...

Archived