Air Force One Concepts

charger77

10 hours ago, kroywen said:

On the surface, it's a good, albeit generic, livery. It'll get confused at a distance with a thousand airlines out there - Delta, British, US Airways, etc. Nothing distinctive about it, though nothing bad about it either.

But I can't be the only one who thinks Air Force One is an absolute design classic. A perfect slice of 1960s Americana that holds up extraordinarily well today. Much like Dodger Stadium, which features some similar colors.

spacer.png

It's recognizable the world over, and very unique. I'd imagine whoever Trump's successor is - should that person be a Democrat - will wind up changing it back to this color scheme to get away from what'll inevitably be known as the "Trump livery."

Don't want to submarine this thread into a political discussion, but that statement is exactly everything wrong with American politics these days.  Both parties have taken a "never-this" or "never-that" stance on even the smallest, insignificant things purely out of spite for the other party.

Back on track, here's the middle-of-the-road option, which takes Trump's color scheme and uses the style of the current livery.  Excuse the rough photoshop.  It was a 5 minute job:

Jg1e8M7.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I actually like the darker blue as opposed to the robins egg. Here's where I would take it: 

SamwhGW.png

This is the best concept I've seen yet, but none are on the level of the current livery. Don't see the need to change something so recognizable and iconic.

14 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I actually like the darker blue as opposed to the robins egg. Here's where I would take it: 

SamwhGW.png

Or, if we want to keep the robins egg: 

a19EpjK.png

I like both of those.  As much as I like the tail flag, it looks too much like an American Airlines' tail for my liking:

american-airlines-737-max*750xx1174-660-

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Don't want to submarine this thread into a political discussion, but that statement is exactly everything wrong with American politics these days.  Both parties have taken a "never-this" or "never-that" stance on even the smallest, insignificant things purely out of spite for the other party.

Back on track, here's the middle-of-the-road option, which takes Trump's color scheme and uses the style of the current livery.  Excuse the rough photoshop.  It was a 5 minute job:

Jg1e8M7.jpg

I thought about this but the red is jarring.  I wonder if it'd look better if the red and navy blue were reversed?

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I thought about this but the red is jarring.  I wonder if it'd look better if the red and navy blue were reversed?

Yeah, I'm sure it would.  I was just trying to take the colors of Trump's design and fit them into the existing shapes/styles of the current AF1 livery. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/18/2019 at 1:03 PM, rmc523 said:

I think the red is too much but for the reason of concealment in the air. Red screams, "Here I am"!!!!! Even though it's the presidents plane and will have cover, you don't try calling attention to yourself in the air.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• officeglenn changed the title to Air Force One Concepts
  • 7 months later...

Archived