NHL Legacy Alternate Concepts

mattr1198

Back with the second original six team, which I got a bit more creative for, even with the lack of change in their identity in the past 50 years:

Chicago Blackhawks:

1920s-mid 1930s: Roundel design

Late 1930s-1950s: Uniform striping (sleeves and chest)

1960s-Present: Colors, logos (shoulders and chest), and numbers

spacer.png

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad for Chicago. The only gripe I have is the numbers on the back. They look pretty big and I would decrease the outline by quite a bit. As of now there's too much red bleeding into the striping pattern. 

Hey all, as suggested, updated the back number stroke to black to prevent color bleeding with the striping I chose. I also realized I forgot to include the sleeve numbers on the back shot of the jersey, so that's been fixed too.

spacer.png

NYC x STL

The next one is a bit boring unfortunately because of the lack of change in this teams colors and/or design scheme:

Colorado Avalanche:

1990s-2000s: Sleeve/striping design (adapted for Adidas), primary and secondary colors, chest logo, number font

2010s-present: Tertiary color, shoulder logo

NOTE: I did not include the Nordiques in the team's history due to the high chance they'll be coming back as a brand in the near future.

spacer.png

Finishing up the "C" city teams next...

NYC x STL

Colorado looks super nice. I love that 90s font they used.  Columbus is a bit off. The hem and the yoke striping is just too jarring. I love how Stinger is back though, but, it just doesn’t have the same effect without the neon green/yellow. Like, Stinger’s been sent to rehab for his Mtn Dew addiction...

On 7/30/2019 at 8:35 AM, appleclock said:

Colorado looks super nice. I love that 90s font they used.  Columbus is a bit off. The hem and the yoke striping is just too jarring. I love how Stinger is back though, but, it just doesn’t have the same effect without the neon green/yellow. Like, Stinger’s been sent to rehab for his Mtn Dew addiction...

Made some changes, namely removing the out-of-place striping and re-adding the neon to incorporate the 2000s design into the uniform. And yes, stinger relapsed and is back to his Mtn Dew habits again :)

spacer.png

NYC x STL

Chicago looks much better. Nice work. 

Colorado looks pretty decent. I'm not sure how I feel about the the horizontal stripe right under the collar, however. Did you try a more diagonal stripe, closer to what they currently use/have used in the past? Also, I would like the see the 'C' logo with the circle in black to allude to it being a puck and balance with the primary logo. Other than that, these are really nice. 

I quite like the first Columbus concept you posted. I would make the hem stripe thicker to better match their inaugural unis and call it a day.  The second concept is interesting. I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't miss Stinger just a bit. But if you're gonna use that logo and the neon green, you have to go full on neon. It looks like a standard yellow to me. 

Sorry for the long wait, just got occupied with work. Here's a particularly fun one:

Dallas Stars

1990s-mid 2000s: Jersey styling

Late 2000s-early 2010s: Number font

Mid 2010s-present: Colors, shoulder logo

Mixed era: Logo

spacer.png

NYC x STL

38 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

Overall I'm a fan of the Stars jerseys, but I don't like that the number on the back overlaps the star pattern

That's how it was on the original 1999 jersey. I didn't want to make the numbers too small.

NYC x STL

I also think that with the Jackets rehashing, maybe use neon more than white in the striping. Unfortunately for you, highlighter yellow, white, and red may be the most jarring set of colors together. I also think using the current number font may look better as well. Finally, I think adding the black sleeves from their old alternate could help make it a more unique jersey 

That's what- She

On 8/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, Eastport76 said:

For my Jets, I would love to see a few Thrashers elements like "WINNIPEG" runs vertically on the left arm.

You know, I'd actually like to see how the OP would approach this differently from how I did.

Hell, this series' approach reminds me of my 50th anniversary sets, except w/o needing to coincide with anniversaries :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Stars look pretty good.  This would be a nice alternate.  You missed making the hem on the back black though.  I also feel the striping would flow a little different on the arms in a real application.  Looking at this and translating the concept into a real jersey in my mind the parts on the arm aren't angled enough and a little high on the arm.  Maybe it's just me over-thinking.

Overall love it though.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived