MLS 2022 by Hawkeye15 (Keeper Kits and Extras)

Hawkeye15

Atlanta is very good. Maybe i'm getting to technical, but don't you think that the second and third kits should be switched. It seems like the white is more of a road kit, and it would fit with the flag-inspired third kits that you have been doing, but I digress. They are very good kits.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the Atlanta secondary and third should be switched. I prefer the white and peach kit anyways. I may look into doing something other than the beveling with Atlanta's stripes at the end. I'll work on some ideas.

YXb44P9.png

HtlbnZb.png

AFuJEgI.png

wrSQcf7.png

• Bring the three stripes back to the front of the DC shirt! I'm sure Nike has the lawyers to keep Adidas at bay for doing this. I really wanted to the legacy teams in MLS look like the classic versions of themselves in this series, and DC is at the top of that list. Keep it simple.
  • I ran through a lot of different ideas for working in the Washington monument on the secondary kit, and arrived at placing the monument in the shorts and using the black stripe that runs down to it to make it a bit more subtle. I also like DC in a red secondary shirt.
  • The third kit is a military appreciation kit, and the design choices I made after that should be straight forward. I hope that the shades are different enough to allow the logos, cuffs, and numbers to come through

VlGOk9f.png

JGy9Onr.png

V7eRmHG.png

EoGszpF.png

j0uKIo2.png

• All of Miami's problems can be solved simply by going to pink on the primary uniforms. That's it.
  • You can't have a Miami set without a Vice-themed black uniform. It works especially well for Inter Miami who already uses pink in their indentity.
  • The third is a fauxback that ought to feel very Miami.

YF4Kpms.png

Thank you for the kind comments about the Miami set. It is one of my favorites from this series.

XWwwqgb.png

SeFTgUA.png

nkeSnh6.png

DNhNKaQ.png

• I went heavy on the guitar string elements in the primary, and I really wanted blue to be heavy on the shirt to differentiate Nashville from Columbus somewhat.
  • The secondary is Tennessee flag inspired.
  • I really wanted to get a sound wave on one of the uniforms, so put it on the third with a blue/orange/yellow color scheme.

5OA1hab.png

For Nashville's home shirt I'd bring that navy colorway higher up, or give them an Arsenal look by keeping it to the sleeves. 

For DC United's third shirt I'd make the numbers either black or white for clarity during tv broadcasts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I understand you might be trying to be more realistic, but would ditching the neon puke yellow for an athletic gold really hurt Nashville that much? The crest is an upgrade and the kits look nice, you made the best of what was handed to you. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I may try to tweak the Nashville primary after I've gotten through everything. I like the idea of relegating blue to the sleeves.

And that brings us to the last team in the Southeast Division and the halfway point of the series.

I197BoF.png

zrpk3ax.png

FUNBALc.png

OT27Hja.png

• The Orlando primary is somewhat inspired by the current blue Chelsea shirt, but hopefully the pattern itself fits much better into the identity. Expand the photo to get a better look at the pattern.
  • The secondary steals the colors from the Orlando Pride, but lightens the purple a bit... and features a large lion on the shirt.
  • The third is a fauxback to the original Orlando City who had a Purple, Gold, and Red logo.

21l5Hp8.png

The South Division is next. C&C is greatly appreciated.

God damn, Miami needs to fully lean into that pink and white, that home set you made is actually beautiful I would buy that in a second. Love the secondary and alts too, being a canes fan you know I love that green and orange. Can't go wrong with some Miami vice either that's too easy. I really like the Nashville third kit with the sound wave pattern, but I agree the home would look better with the blue on the sleeves. Nothing wrong with Orlando either my man, everything looks great so far, I'm enjoying this series a lot 

South Division:

YsRnvyH.png

Houston Dynamo: removed the beveling from the logo and completely removed blue, which I anticipate won't be popular but I really wanted to make use or double orange

St. Louis SC: I wanted to make use of an arch and started the process anticipating to make a Juventus-shaped oval logo with an arch and the arch's reflection forming the border, and ended up scrapping it in favor of a more uniquely shaped logo that still features the arch, and the fleur and waves featured in the STL flag ... Blue, red and gold seem to be the color of choice so far (https://mls4thelou.com/) but I decided to go with a royal blue as the primary color ... MLS doesn't have a ton of royal blue, especially if we're not talking about a royal blue / black combination ... I also decided to relegate the gold to more of a fourth/accent color behind the white and you'll see how this plays out on the primary kit

fpu7EZE.png

heKzi5n.png

g3ArHzP.png

dklN62s.png

• I wanted the primary to feature a big sublimated tree from the logo. I also hope Austin goes with something like Green/White/Black. I think MLS has a dearth of teams that incorporate multiple colors across the shirts/shorts/socks. I hope the look has a bit of a Manchester United feel to it.
  • I'm going for a real Texas feel on the secondary, and wanted to pair a cherry red and brown together. The big star is inspired by the one outside the Bullock Texas State History Museum.

KSrgEO9.png

49 minutes ago, Vincady said:

Home and away kits both look nice, but is there any meaning behind the third?

Not particularly, other than to provide balance to the set. The primary and secondary are very bright, so I balance it out with a white shirt that uses a darker green and gray.

5 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

Not particularly, other than to provide balance to the set. The primary and secondary are very bright, so I balance it out with a white shirt that uses a darker green and gray.

Alright yeah I can see that. Fair.

Archived