Quarantine project: NBA Redesign

Krz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My next team is the Trail Blazers, I kept the jerseys pretty much the same, but with the retro lowercase wordmark. The alternate is a mix between the all red and black former alternate, and the 70s championship look. Additionally the city jersey is based on the Portland Oregon deer sign. Finally the throwback is to the 90s. C&C is appreciated.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

On 5/13/2020 at 5:56 PM, Krz said:

Thanks so much, I’m actually using photoshop, but I am pretty new to it. Advice on how to up my craftsmanship would be appreciated.

I did not know this but it makes since. 

Ok, Ive updated this below.

I understand the complaint about the black jersey, I just picked it because I thought the pinstripes would pop on a black background. I also was unaware of the hate for “buzz city”.

I picked the Bobcats uniforms be cause #1 It’s different than the throwbacks they’ve done recently, #2 I don’t want people to forget about them, they were one of the teams of my childhood (I’m pretty young).I remember getting Raymond Felton And Gerald Wallace basketball cards, and #3 I remember on their last game Chris Creamer tweeted something like “this is the last time you’ll see these uniforms until they’re throw back to them”.

Again thank you @QCS, you can obviously tell I’m not up familiar with most Of the aspects of the Hornets, (although I am a New Orleans Fan). I’ve updated the jerseys below,

spacer.png

Awesome! You can’t do the Hornets without a purple jersey in there somewhere. The main three are excellent updates of their classic look. 

Kings look awesome I love that color scheme for them 🔥🔥 Portland looks good too, my only problem being the number font. I'd prefer something a little more rounded, like what they have now, that fits more with the wordmark. The generic block kinda looks out of place

4 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Portland looks good too, my only problem being the number font

I love almost everything about Portland except for the number font. I think with the word mark on the front it great but the numbers don’t really match. Good job

My next team is the Bucks. I like their current look, but I added the Irish rainbow back to the jersey. The city jersey is brewery themed, and the throwback is the popular purple deer jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

Your city concepts have been amazing for every team. I love the sign wordmark for Portland and the Milwaukee one is awesome too. That logo on the shorts is so nice. Love the trim too with the wheat stripe, I feel like that would be really unique and look so cool on the court. I almost feel like a black alt for the bucks is kinda useless, as there isn't any black on the home and away. Call me crazy, but I'd love to see the statement black, with the same stripe, just in that bright green shade you use in the stripe 🤣. Not Milwaukee at all, but I think it would make for a crazy set. Great work with everything so far though man, bucks and blazers look great

1 hour ago, jaytavo305 said:

Your city concepts have been amazing for every team. I love the sign wordmark for Portland and the Milwaukee one is awesome too. That logo on the shorts is so nice. Love the trim too with the wheat stripe, I feel like that would be really unique and look so cool on the court. I almost feel like a black alt for the bucks is kinda useless, as there isn't any black on the home and away. Call me crazy, but I'd love to see the statement black, with the same stripe, just in that bright green shade you use in the stripe 🤣. Not Milwaukee at all, but I think it would make for a crazy set. Great work with everything so far though man, bucks and blazers look great

So something like this? I kinda like it, it reminds me of the Michigan state alternates.

spacer.png

Excellent!

My next team is the one I root for, the pelicans. I decided to take the city jersey’s stripes and bring them to the rest of the jerseys, because that look seems to be really popular with the fans. My city jersey ultimately became a black version of their current (although I did consider a New Orleans music jersey). Finally the throwback is to the hornets era, since they have little history.

Excellent!

My next team is the suns. Their current uniforms are fine, but really forgettable, so I added the sunburst back to the jerseys. Additionally I made the city jersey Arizona flag themed. Finally the throwback is to the western font era. C&C is much appreciated.

Excellent!

19 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

That shade of purple is really faded and bland looking. The current shade would look amazing. Still a nice fresh take on the Suns.

Yeah you’re right. Here’s an update using the more vibrant color from their “los suns” jersey.

spacer.png

Excellent!

My next team is the Celtics. This set is really about the alternates, because the home and away are untouchable. I made the alternate Irish themed, and the city jersey is inspired by the championship banner design. Finally the throwback is to the Bill Russell era.

Excellent!

Next is the grizzlies. I like their current look, but I added back the Vancouver wordmark and created a matching Memphis wordmark to update the set. My city jersey is Elvis inspired and the throwback is the white version of the one they are throwing back to this year. C&C is appreciated!

Excellent!

Next is the rockets. Their current look is bland, so I brought back the yellow in a more modern way. I also included an Astros themed city jersey and pinstripe throwback. C&C is much appreciated!

Excellent!

Suns- Updated purple is nice, I love the black alt. 

Celtics- good, not much you can do with the Celtics but It looks solid

Grizzlies- Hmmmm, maybe a little too bland, I honestly prefer their current jerseys. I think the home needs yellow, as there is no yellow on the home but its on the rest of the sets. Like how you made light blue the away. I really like the M E M pattern they use in the collar of their statement jersey, I'd love to see that somewhere in the set 

Rockets- Nice, I love both alternates

Celts : Vertical Numbers on the Third

Grizzlies: Move the Numbers and players name up more

Rockets: The Fading Stripes on the throwback 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Thank you both for the critiques, I’m currently working on an update. In the meantime, here’s the next team, the warriors. I decided to make three major changes: adding orange back, simplifying the chest logo, and changing the shorts design. My city jersey is Golden Gate Bridge inspired, and the throwback is to the we believe era.

Excellent!

Archived