Underrated sports themes

Sebastianm

1 hour ago, Sebastianm said:

the NFL on NBC theme from 1995-1997 is simply spectacular!

How is it "underrated"? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with @Sebastianm it sounds majestic.

And for its three year run it is associated with a lot of notable NFL moments: the Raiders 1st season back in Oakland, Original Browns leaving for Baltimore, the Ravens first season, and John Elway finally winning a Super Bowl.

Edited by TrueYankee26

19 hours ago, Sebastianm said:

It’s usually shadowed by roundball rock.

This is true of literally everything. Anytime I do something worthwhile, it’s immediately overshadowed by how great Roundball Rock is.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I agree with @Sebastianm it sounds majestic.

And for its three year run it is associated with a lot of notable NFL moments: the Raiders 1st season back in Oakland, Original Browns leaving for Baltimore, the Ravens first season, and John Elway finally winning a Super Bowl.

This is a better version in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

This is true of literally everything. Anytime I do something worthwhile, it’s immediately overshadowed by how great Roundball Rock is.

I gave my boss a proposal for a project that would modernize our data center which would reduce down time to <1%, decrease annual maintenance costs by >$5M, and enable cloud-based functionality that would revolutionize our mobile presence.  Her response?  "well, it's no Roundball Rock, but I guess we should do it anyway.  Next time try harder."

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On a serious note, the Flyers used this one for a few seasons.  It's very Roundball Rock-esque and I think it worked really well for a hockey broadcast:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The closing theme to This Week in Baseball, entitled "The Gathering Crowds", is the most inspirational piece of music I have ever heard.

Not only is it beautiful in its own right (oh, those timpans!), but it is associated with great memories of baseball's golden age.

As a 90s kid it signified the MLB on FOX doubleheader was coming next.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

On a serious note, the Flyers used this one for a few seasons.  It's very Roundball Rock-esque and I think it worked really well for a hockey broadcast:

I forgot all about this theme! It was great!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:19 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The closing theme to This Week in Baseball, entitled "The Gathering Crowds", is the most inspirational piece of music I have ever heard.

Not only is it beautiful in its own right (oh, those timpans!), but it is associated with great memories of baseball's golden age.

Excellent choice.  I can hear Mel Allen's voice now.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

That is based off the alternate MNF theme of the 90s and last used on some show called NFL 32

Is that 1989 accurate? I thought it didn't come in till later when they really started pushing ESPNABC synergy, but I could be wrong. It does sound extremely Kalehoffian, and he was certainly doing a lot of themes in the late '80s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫