Funniest.shirt.ever.

Ez Street

Y'know, hockey's been around in the US for quite a while, as well. Yes, Canada gave us the game, and should be revered for it. But, the history of hockey in the US intertwines a lot with Canadian history of the game. I've got an interesting book about hockey throughout the 20th century, including the origins of the NHL and earlier leagues, it spends some time talking about how the game came to the US.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Canadian hockey fans who look down on American hockey fans come off as elitist jerks. It's not nice to think of people as being inferior to you just because they share an interest but live in a different geographical location.

Americans calling Canadians "elitist jerks".

The nutritional label on that must read "100%" for Recommended Daily Intake of irony. :)

I keed... but the fact of the matter is that so much of our cultural identity is absorbed from the U.S. that we are very protective of some of the things we are good at and can claim as our own.

Celine Dion you can keep.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I said "come off as"; I didn't call anyone anything. My wording was carefully picked so as not to be a hypocrite. I'm NOT saying the United States is innocent of this. I'm just saying that Canadians doing the same thing is no different.

Without trying to start a war here (but ultimately knowing the responses I'm likely to receive) I'll point out that Canadians complain about Americans absorbing their cultural identities while at the same time in places all over the world (yes, Canada included) American culture is clearly visible. I know it's never annoyed me, just as it shouldn't annoy you that America has latched onto some of Canadian culture.

I said "come off as"; I didn't call anyone anything. My wording was carefully picked so as not to be a hypocrite. I'm NOT saying the United States is innocent of this. I'm just saying that Canadians doing the same thing is no different.

Without trying to start a war here (but ultimately knowing the responses I'm likely to receive) I'll point out that Canadians complain about Americans absorbing their cultural identities while at the same time in places all over the world (yes, Canada included) American culture is clearly visible. I know it's never annoyed me, just as it shouldn't annoy you that America has latched onto some of Canadian culture.

It doesn't annoy me that America has latched onto some Canadian stuff... that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is America latching onto Canadian stuff and calling it their own. Also the fact that Canada has so little individuality from the U.S. in terms of culture that losing any little bit is a big deal.

Yes, Canadians do the same thing. But it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Sure, the kettle may not be white, but... never mind. I shouldn't have to explain that one.

Back to thinking up funny stuff regarding the shirt!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Trading Spaces came from Changing Rooms, which started in the U.K., and I also remember watching late night high stakes poker games on TV in Ireland on British TV ages before it became a trend in the good ol' US of A.

Yup, Americans, we've invented it all, and if we haven't, we've made it a whole lot louder and bigger.

Um, but I do think the shirt is way too funny.

That's bad.

Maybe Minnesota can get away with that :censored:, maybe, but even that is a stretch.

I'm just glad i can watch some more hockey with the World Cup... lord knows we ain't gonna get much else.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ok, I'm ignoring the "regonalist" comments.

The irony in the "American Tradition" shirts is that:

Cricket is from Europe.

Soccer is from Europe.

Rugby is from Europe.

And Basketball don't count.

NASCAR ALL THE WAY!

YEAH!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

petco_avatar.gif The Stanley Cup should never be won anywhere south of the New York border. Therefore making Hockey NOT an American Tradition.

Womens Beach Volleyball, there is your American Tradition.......that and Drug use.

San Jose... It will happen, OH YES! It will happen. :hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived