International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

20 hours ago, andregunts said:

Jesus I wish I could post photos properly on this site. I would have loved to do the history of Argentina vs France right now 😢

I save pics to Imgur. I also copy the image, but some sites will load here and others won't.

Argentina vs France head-to-head in football: Know the record

Messi: "Everything Went Wrong" For Argentina At World Cup

This was the 2018 matchup. Not sure why we can't have this.

• Sad 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

This was the 2018 matchup. Not sure why we can't have this.

Everything I’ve seen has suggested that Argentina asked to wear the white shorts, leaving France with the choice between all-navy or navy/navy/red. They chose the former. A rare case where the teams are to blame instead of FIFA.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Everything I’ve seen has suggested that Argentina asked to wear the white shorts, leaving France with the choice between all-navy or navy/navy/red. They chose the former. A rare case where the teams are to blame instead of FIFA.

I don't know why they can't wear their standard home kit. There have been plenty of times teams wore the same shorts and there were no issues, but FIFA seems to deny that now.  I seem to remember that Inter Milan and AC Milan used to wear the same shorts, but different color socks and it wasn't an issue. Now one of the other is all white bottoms and all black bottoms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't know why they can't wear their standard home kit. There have been plenty of times teams wore the same shorts and there were no issues, but FIFA seems to deny that now.  I seem to remember that Inter Milan and AC Milan used to wear the same shorts, but different color socks and it wasn't an issue. Now one of the other is all white bottoms and all black bottoms. 

In FIFA competitions, none of the kit elements (shirt, shorts, socks) can match the corresponding element of the other team. Keeper kits are included in that as well. I think it’d be totally fine if France wore the tricolor against Argentina’s all-white, but FIFA doesn’t allow that sort of thing to happen.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Croatia vs Morocco wearing their same kits as the group stage.

I hate when this happens, when the same 2 team match up and they can’t do something different for the 2nd time around. 

I’m still not over USA vs Mexico in Gold Cup final and Nations League final. 

That gold winners badge just looks right nestled within the sky blue stripe:

spacer.png

To be expected, they’ve placed the 3rd star above the previous two stars to form a triangle. Customary to place the new star above the other star(s), and also allows Adidas to more easily produce shirts with the third star (no word yet on when those will be released at retail). Eventually I would expect the three stars to be placed horizontally above the crest.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That gold winners badge just looks right nestled within the sky blue stripe:

spacer.png

To be expected, they’ve placed the 3rd star above the previous two stars to form a triangle. Customary to place the new star above the other star(s), and also allows Adidas to more easily produce shirts with the third star (no word yet on when those will be released at retail). Eventually I would expect the three stars to be placed horizontally above the crest.

I think this was a case of just using what was on hand and getting something ready for the final. I think their official pages already have all three in a row.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think this was a case of just using what was on hand and getting something ready for the final. I think their official pages already have all three in a row.

Since I made that post, the 3-star jerseys have actually been put up for preorder on soccer.com and worldsoccershop.com. They have the three stars placed in a triangle, just like what the players were wearing after the trophy presentation. There are also a few other pieces of the Adidas winners collection that have the three stars placed in a triangle above the crest as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The same was true for the USWNT in both 2015 and 2019. In 2015, the 3-star jerseys released after the WC triumph had the stars placed in a triangle. In 2019, the 4-star jerseys released after the WC had the fourth star placed above the other three (also rendered in gold):

spacer.png

spacer.png

In both cases, the stars were placed horizontally above the crest when new kit sets were unveiled. 

I would expect Argentina to play with the triangle of stars until they get new kits altogether (likely in 2024). 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, andregunts said:

this is embarrassing, why is it so hard to post photos on here?

In that last case, it was because the URL wasn't secure — it started with http:// instead of https://

Though I'm not sure why you were posting Spanish kits from 2011 with no context. I'm assuming a comparison of champions badge/star placement?

31 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

In that last case, it was because the URL wasn't secure — it started with http:// instead of https://

Though I'm not sure why you were posting Spanish kits from 2011 with no context. I'm assuming a comparison of champions badge/star placement?

With current kits they'd be centered. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

wow, it actually worked. We were talking about Argentina manufacturing kits with the new emblem but im hoping they go the Spain 2011  route and do all new kits to commerate their World Cup win

I would expect them to keep their current kits through next year. The next Copa America is in 2024, so there will definitely be new kits in time for that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I would expect them to keep their current kits through next year. The next Copa America is in 2024, so there will definitely be new kits in time for that.

damn, I miss the days of when Spain got a new kit every year from 2008 to 2014. I rememeber it well 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They went insane lol