International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

Kind of surprised they are letting England and France go white over navy vs. navy over white. Wasn't it only like 2 World Cups ago that FIFA forced countries like Germany and England to ditch their dark shorts and go all white because they essentially wanted all counties in mono kits for maximum clashing in every match?

I'm not a fan of this years Netherlands kit. The colour is too light, so they look like Cote d'Ivoire. I also never liked them in monochrome orange. They should wear white or even black shorts.

• Like 6

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

36 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

I'm not a fan of this years Netherlands kit. The colour is too light, so they look like Cote d'Ivoire. I also never liked them in monochrome orange. They should wear white or even black shorts.

53 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Still might not if the Netherlands win

Unless the find a couple goals in the next 50 minutes I don't think we'll see them after today. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After a day of absolutely unbelievable football, we finally know what the first semifinal matchup will be: Argentina vs. Croatia. I’m not sure how FIFA determines the home/away teams at this stage, but if Argentina is the home team I think we’ll most likely get this kit matchup:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I suppose it’s possible that FIFA would allow Argentina to wear black shorts and/or socks, which would in turn force Croatia to use the white shorts and/or socks from their home kit. Croatia also has dedicated bright blue clash socks for the away kit, but I think the most likely scenario IF Argentina is the home team is what’s shown above. 

If Croatia is the home team, then it’s pretty simple:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Should be a good looking game no matter what.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The thin white stripe down the middle is completely unnecessary 👎

c1b74e538d.jpg

I think it’s a fantastic detail, especially with the gold sun emblem on the back neck between the stripes to mimic the flag. Actually one my favorite individual design elements on any of the kits for this tournament. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Argentina’s kit with the alternate white shorts looked fine overall but I feel like there are a few minor details that seem inconsistent.

spacer.png

Adidas teams have that side and rear hem stripe which is mirrored on the back of the shorts. For reference, all of these teams shown below are wearing alternate shorts used only for color clashes. Adidas still took the time to make sure everything matched.

Germany with the flag detail stripe.

spacer.png

Spain wore all red whenever they wore the home kit, supposedly at the wishes of the manager. Regardless, the navy blue shorts were definitely intended by adidas as the primary shorts and red was the alternate. They used the same navy blue and yellow trim here.

spacer.png

Japan with the all blue alternate shorts with the same red stripe as the shirt.

spacer.png

Mexico’s all green alternate shorts with the same red stripe as the shirt.

spacer.png

So why do Argentina’s white shorts have a sky blue stripe? The better solution would have been to make the shirt stripe sky blue so it blends in better with the shirt.

Also, I feel like the color balance of the socks is off. The shirt and shorts are primarily white and have black adidas stripes. The socks are also white but have a sky blue cuff with white stripes. I can understand them wanting some color balance but at least make the stripes black for some consistency.

33 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

So why do Argentina’s white shorts have a sky blue stripe? The better solution would have been to make the shirt stripe sky blue so it blends in better with the shirt.

Also, I feel like the color balance of the socks is off. The shirt and shorts are primarily white and have black adidas stripes. The socks are also white but have a sky blue cuff with white stripes. I can understand them wanting some color balance but at least make the stripes black for some consistency.

It seems like Adidas chose to match the white shorts and socks to the black shorts and socks instead of making sure they were cohesive with the shirt on their own. The black shorts have the sky blue stripe, which makes sense IMO and provides a pop of blue to what are otherwise just black shorts with white stripes. The black socks have that same pop of sky blue and white adidas stripes, just like the shorts. The black shorts and socks both have pretty much ideal color balance IMO and make for a really cohesive kit combo overall:

spacer.png

The white shorts are literally just a color swap of the black shorts, probably because they wanted to add a touch of blue somewhere. I think they would’ve been better off just making the stripe black on the white shorts to match the shirt. I happen to like the black stripe on the shirt since it matches the collar and shirt cuffs, so I personally wouldn’t have been in favor of making that detail blue. My ideal solution on the socks would’ve been to move the blue down to the calf like the 2014 socks (except obviously just the one shade of blue this time instead of two shades):

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It seems like Adidas chose to match the white shorts and socks to the black shorts and socks instead of making sure they were cohesive with the shirt on their own. The black shorts have the sky blue stripe, which makes sense IMO and provides a pop of blue to what are otherwise just black shorts with white stripes. The black socks have that same pop of sky blue and white adidas stripes, just like the shorts. The black shorts and socks both have pretty much ideal color balance IMO and make for a really cohesive kit combo overall:

spacer.png

The white shorts are literally just a color swap of the black shorts, probably because they wanted to add a touch of blue somewhere. I think they would’ve been better off just making the stripe black on the white shorts to match the shirt. I happen to like the black stripe on the shirt since it matches the collar and shirt cuffs, so I personally wouldn’t have been in favor of making that detail blue. My ideal solution on the socks would’ve been to move the blue down to the calf like the 2014 socks (except obviously just the one shade of blue this time instead of two shades):

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought about that sock design just like you. Would be much more cohesive. The best option might have been two sky blue stripes like the back of the shirt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I’m not sure how FIFA determines the home/away teams at this stage, but if Argentina is the home team

I believe Argentina will be the home team because of their placement in the group stage.

I'm expecting Argentina to go white/white/white and Croatia navy/navy/navy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timberwolf said:

I believe Argentina will be the home team because of their placement in the group stage.

That would be my preferred kit matchup. I haven’t warmed to the Argentinian purple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timberwolf said:

I don’t think that’s how FIFA determines home/away at this point in the tournament. For example, Croatia was the home team against Brazil despite finishing 2nd in their group while Brazil had finished 1st in theirs. I think it may just be a random draw or coin flip at this point. 

That said, white/white/white vs. navy/navy/navy is my preferred kit matchup as well. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I’m not sure how FIFA determines the home/away teams at this stage

Argentina won their group. Croatia were runners-up in theirs. So Argentina will be the designated home team and obv wear their white/blue stripey jerseys.

To add, I wanna say if both teams are group winners or both runners-up, then the team with most points in the group stage is the designated home squad. And if that's a tie, then maybe they go by FIFA rankings to determine the home squad ?? No idea.

6uXNWAo.png

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Argentina won their group. Croatia were runners-up in theirs. So Argentina will be the designated home team and obv wear their white/blue stripey jerseys.

To add, I wanna say if both teams are group winners or both runners-up, then the team with most points in the group stage is the designated home squad. And if that's a tie, then maybe they go by FIFA rankings to determine the home squad ?? No idea.

I do think you’re right that that’s how they determine the home/away teams for Round of 16 matches, but I don’t think it’s true beyond that. It actually looks like the home team is determined by the positioning in the bracket following the Round of 16 matches. The top team has been the home team in every knockout round game so far, including Croatia vs. Brazil despite Croatia having finished 2nd in their group while Brazil had finished 1st in theirs.

spacer.png

If true, then Argentina will be the home team vs. Croatia and the winner of England/France will be the home team vs. the winner of Morocco/Portugal. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

the winner of England/France will be the home team vs. the winner of Morocco/Portugal. 

Would they?

Morocco won their group and had 7 points going thru. England had 7 points and France had 6.

6uXNWAo.png

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Would they?

Morocco won their group and had 7 points going thru. England had 7 points and France had 6.

Group stage finish and points have no bearing on home/away designations at this stage. Again (as I’ve said twice already) Croatia was the home team vs. Brazil yesterday despite finishing 2nd in their group and having one less group stage point than Group G winners Brazil. It seems like home/away at this stage in the tournament is solely decided by positioning in the bracket. Look at the picture of the bracket I posted above; the top team in each matchup has been the home team so far.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1