International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

7 minutes ago, andregunts said:

the FIFA Qatar patch on the sleeve, some are white, some are blue, some are purple....odd

It's based on the uniform colors this year. Lighter color shirts have the dark patches

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/10/2022-world-cup-kit-sleeve-badge.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Argentina and Mexico both looked incredible today in their primary kits. Can’t wait for the matchup between these two on Saturday; it’ll be a tense matchup after both teams suffered disappointing results today (especially the shocker from La Albiceleste) but also because it’ll be an incredible kit matchup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

France/Australia is pretty close to perfection in terms of the kit matchup. Will be hard to top.

I prefer the yellow socks for Australia, but this is still a 9.5/10. Argentina v. Mexico on Saturday might be the best looking game of the tournament though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Argentina and Mexico both looked incredible today in their primary kits. Can’t wait for the matchup between these two on Saturday; it’ll be a tense matchup after both teams suffered disappointing results today (especially the shocker from La Albiceleste) but also because it’ll be an incredible kit matchup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As much as I liked the new Mexico crest when it came out, I don't necessarily like how it looks on the jersey. Their kits on the whole look fantastic, but the shape of the crest stands out to me as awkward. 

It could be just that I haven't gotten used to it. 

Seeing Germany’s white kit in action, I feel like it’s “almost there.” Honestly, I think the number font holds it back significantly more than a number font should.

It isn’t deafault Myriad Pro, but it has enough similar characteristics to it (not so much the “3”, but especially the “1” and others) that it looks like it may as well be. I just have the funny thought that the designers didn’t outline thier fonts before sending the production file, and the font got defaulted without being caught.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

58 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Rodolfo Landeros just said that Luis Enrique requested for Spain to wear all-red in this tournament. They’re scheduled to wear all-red in all three group stage matches instead of the more traditional red/blue/blue.

Well, then I hope they go out in the group stage and he gets fired! Bad call!

44 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Seeing Germany’s white kit in action, I feel like it’s “almost there.” Honestly, I think the number font holds it back significantly more than a number font should.

Ha, I kinda thought the opposite. I don't particularly like the German font, but I'm glad they got out of Adidas's usual tradition of everyone getting the same font, because this year's gaff tape numbers would be an even worse match for the kit in question.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Ha, I kinda thought the opposite. I don't particularly like the German font, but I'm glad they got out of Adidas's usual tradition of everyone getting the same font, because this year's gaff tape numbers would be an even worse match for the kit in question.

Oh I totally agree that the gaff tape numbers would’ve looked bad on the German kit, but I just think they could’ve done a lot better than Myriad Pro’s cousin. That font just looks default and cheap.

Meanwhile, Belgium’s kit is pretty bad. The sleeves and socks are almost comical. They look like they were supplied by Flavortown.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh I totally agree that the gaff tape numbers would’ve looked bad on the German kit, but I just think they could’ve done a lot better than Myriad Pro’s cousin. That font just looks default and cheap.

Meanwhile, Belgium’s kit is pretty bad. The sleeves and socks are almost comical. They look like they were supplied by Flavortown.

spacer.png

Or Harley Davidson.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/21/2022 at 9:37 AM, Digby said:

EDIT: Mods, gonna have to ask you to reconsider how the "Q" word is used in our communities in the past decade or so.

Pinging a mod or two would have helped. 

As a gay guy myself... I see the point. But also? It's something that's still used as a slur in certain circles. And I'm uncomfortable taking it off the filter for that reason. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

did Brazil get a rejected Oregon Ducks number font?  Recycling at its best I guess 

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks nothing like any number font the Ducks have had.

Brazil World Cup 2022 Font

I agree, it's not anything I'd attribute to Oregon, other than the colors. 

http://static.flickr.com/66/171301185_5e6af4e861_o.jpg

Brazil | Football Fonts

This was closer to the current Oregon font, but still obviously not close enough to be confused.

Oregon Ducks Unveil New Nike Football Uniforms – SportsLogos.Net News

14 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Video game related, but I am most interested in how US Soccer agreed with this promotion and how Nike allowed it. You’d think Nike’s sponsorship of the federation would disallow a competing manufacturer from having an affiliation with the team, throwback or not.

I think this is a case of FIFA allowing it, but I would have figured they'd just take the adidas logos off. Is anyone else getting this treatment? 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4812174/uss-cult-classic-world-cup-94-denim-kit-added-to-fifa-23

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The USMNT looks to be wearing the solid royal blue socks instead of the tie-dye version that they’ve previously worn with the away kit. These are the same plain socks that the WNT have worn with this kit.

Can’t imagine it’s a FIFA thing, as Belgium’s flame socks, Croatia’s one solid/one checkered socks,  etc. have been allowed up to this point. The kit assignment graphic even showed the tie-dye socks:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The USMNT looks to be wearing the solid royal blue socks instead of the tie-dye version that they’ve previously worn with the away kit. These are the same plain socks that the WNT have worn with this kit.

Can’t imagine it’s a FIFA thing, as Belgium’s flame socks, Croatia’s one solid/one checkered socks,  etc. have been allowed up to this point. The kit assignment graphic even showed the tie-dye socks:

spacer.png

Maybe they decided after they were introduced they didn't want the tie dye look? That makes the most sense. Too bad they didn't get rid of it for the jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png