International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

Here are the group stage kit assignments for Argentina and Brazil as well:

Refreshingly normal for the most part. I’ll be interested to see the red/blue/blue keeper kit mashup for Mexico against Argentina. Also, seems like an odd choice to have Brazil in blue against the green of Cameroon. Cameroon’s green is a shade between kelly and forest green, so it seems like Brazil’s yellow would’ve been a better shirt contrast. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Speaking of the blue kits, I’ve noticed that the men’s socks are tie dyed, while the women’s are plain.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That may have been a case of not having the right socks in time, or FIFA may have told them to change it. As far as the sleeve patches I'd expect them to sit on top of the stripes on the home shirts. I'm also surprised that the USA was the only team to get the sleeve swooshes instead of putting it in the front. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here’s all of the group stage kit assignments (click the images to expand):

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Croatia's in a group that's all red/white teams, wondering if they're going to have to wear their away kit each time once again.

Surprisingly they’re going to wear their home kit in all three group stage games. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That's weird. Guess the glitch-checkerboard pattern doesn't count as much red in FIFA's eyes. Seems like less changing compared to the last two World Cups, even in instances where a change kit would provide obviously better contrast. I should probably just stop trying to make any sense of FIFA and rules.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Game 1 has great contrast between Qatar and Ecuador, but Ecuador’s keeper is in a reddish orange kit that’s a little too close for comfort to Qatar’s dark red IMO.  I believe their other registered keeper kit is light blue, but they couldn’t go with that since Qatar’s keeper is in that color.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s all of the group stage kit assignments (click the images to expand):

Surprisingly they’re going to wear their home kit in all three group stage games. 

Canada with white in game 1, black in game 2, red in game 3. Will that the first time a team's used 3 jerseys at the World Cup?

ExJworW.png

...to prevent nine of the European teams from wearing these more specifically (I am intolerant towards the LGBTQ community)-supportive armbands that they intended to. If you find this armband too edgy for Qatar, I don't know what to tell you. It's not even a normal rainbow flag pattern anyone would recognize!

EDIT: Mods, gonna have to ask you to reconsider how the "Q" word is used in our communities in the past decade or so.

skynews-harry-kane-one-love_5906593.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

...to prevent nine of the European teams from wearing these more specifically (I am intolerant towards the LGBTQ community)-supportive armbands that they intended to.

EDIT: Mods, gonna have to ask you to reconsider how the "Q" word is used in our communities in the past decade or so.

skynews-harry-kane-one-love_5906593.jpg 

And FIFA was "reportedly" going to allow Qatar to wear a Palestinian flag yesterday, but this didn't happen yesterday, probably because they already look like big enough mugs after Infantino's , "I'm a red head so I know discrimination" rant. Now I want to know if he looked like Howdy Doody as a kid.

cS5mEsZ.png

Qatar v Ecuador: Group A - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And FIFA was "reportedly" going to allow Qatar to wear a Palestinian flag yesterday, but this didn't happen yesterday, probably because they already look like big enough mugs after Infantino's , "I'm a red head so I know discrimination" rant. Now I want to know if he looked like Howdy Doody as a kid.

Defector has taken to translating his name to "John Baby" and as far as I'm concerned that's his name going forward. He looks like a John Baby even now. Whoops! What a bully I am.

• LOL 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, aawagner011 said:

Couple US notes:

Whoever prints the player numbers needs some help because they are pressed much lower than usual and sometimes off center (see Weston McKennie).

Hopefully these are just for media purposes and the match kits look better. For comparison, when the team debuted the white and blue kits, the numbers were higher and looked more consistent.

spacer.png

Following up on this, the numbers are placed that low to accommodate the match printing:

Makes sense, there’s not really much room above the crest to put the match printing and putting it on either side of the crest would look odd and unbalanced. Now that doesn’t excuse the off-centered printing as seen on McKennie’s jersey for the media shoot, so hopefully that does get fixed.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Digby said:

My take is that match printing is a stupid and ugly tradition, and makes the ill-considered design of the crest/number printing on the USA jerseys even worse.

The USA normally doesn't even do match printing for tournaments, even the World Cup. I'm thinking they wanted to make the numbers visible for player introduction shots.

USA v Wales: Group B - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

UPDATE: They did end up going with match printing. Wales did as well but it's much less intrusive.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The USA normally doesn't even do match printing for tournaments, even the World Cup. I'm thinking they wanted to make the numbers visible for player introduction shots.

UPDATE: They did end up going with match printing. Wales did as well but it's much less intrusive.

I don't understand why we didn't wear our blue shorts for this game. Matt Turner's keeper kit is damn near the same color as Wales' red too. Really odd decision by FIFA.

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png