International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

13 hours ago, aupa said:

England vs Senegal will show us one of those teams secondary kits for the first time 

I'd like to see England's red kits, but with wither white or blue shorts. 

World Cup 2022 kits: Photos of every nation's home, away jerseys - Sports  Illustrated

Mainly I want to avoid looking at racing bibs on the front of soccer jerseys. 

Senegal World Cup 2022 squad: Who's in and who's out? | Goal.com Ghana

11 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Yeah, but it was never a rule that the kits all had to be solid-color from top to bottom.

14 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I continue to be annoyed by the US ignoring its superior look and almost always wearing W/W/W and B/B/B (or R/R/R) instead of W/B/W and B/W/B (or R/B/R). They stopped doing it regularly in 2010.

It wasn't a written rule but FIFA always seems to want to go monochrome whenever possible. Do they think people still use black and white TV's? 

World Cup 2022: Nike releases US World Cup jerseys some criticize as bland  | Marca

I'd be happy to see this kit vs Netherlands, especially if the Dutch are wearing all orange. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Mingjai said:

But France has worn the traditional bleu blanc rouge in both matches this World Cup. The designated home side should chose their preferred primary and leave it to the away side to figure out clashes. I don’t know who selects the US kits, but I don’t think the FIFA clash refs  are the issue anymore. US needs to be wearing blue shorts.

France is wearing all navy blue as we speak, against a side in all white 🤷‍♂️ 

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It wasn't a written rule but FIFA always seems to want to go monochrome whenever possible. Do they think people still use black and white TV's? 

In the UK in 2018, there were still 6,000 black-and-white sets in use. I'd imagine that number is higher in developing nations, and being a global organization, FIFA does need to take that into account somewhat. I wrote a story for the mothership earlier this year when an interview was published on YouTube with the designer of Nike's 2002 World Cup kits, and he specifically mentioned black-and-white TV being a consideration then. But the way he phrased it, it sounded like it's still something that's kept in mind today.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd like to see England's red kits, but with wither white or blue shorts. 

I guess they've already mostly scuttled tradition anyhow, but I think traditional would be red or white shorts. Plus an idea I've had to offset the USA from England would be for the USA to be all-white first choice, red/navy/red second choice. (Blue shirts probably make more objective sense as a regular away kit, I just like red-over-navy better personally!)

A very underrated look, better than the white or navy versions IMHO:

6a00e54ef2975b8833014e604ad741970c-pi.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

I guess they've already mostly scuttled tradition anyhow, but I think traditional would be red or white shorts. Plus an idea I've had to offset the USA from England would be for the USA to be all-white first choice, red/navy/red second choice. (Blue shirts probably make more objective sense as a regular away kit, I just like red-over-navy better personally!)

A very underrated look, better than the white or navy versions IMHO:

6a00e54ef2975b8833014e604ad741970c-pi.jpg 

I agree with you in regards to the USA, though I think a variation of the Waldo would be the best home look going forward, since there's really no hooped teams in international competition. 

What is the best U.S. jersey of all time? - Stars and Stripes FC

1994 USA 'Denim' Soccer Jersey | Streaker Sports

Team America Road Uniform - North American Soccer League (NASL) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.NetNorth American Soccer League Jerseys

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

World Cup 2022: Nike releases US World Cup jerseys some criticize as bland  | Marca

I'd be happy to see this kit vs Netherlands, especially if the Dutch are wearing all orange. 

There is no valid argument whatsoever for wearing all-white over this look.

• Like 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I agree with you in regards to the USA, though I think a variation of the Waldo would be the best home look going forward, since there's really no hooped teams in international competition. 

That would be best of all, true. And that with the navy shorts fulfills my interest in red+navy. I was just figuring if that's not going to happen, what are other possibilities? And if we're stuck with kinda-boring white as a first choice, I don't mind the different looks as away kits. Not every team has a "standard" away and the US seems like a good candidate to switch it up, as long as we get nothing as stupid as the 16/17 black kits again.

• Like 1

The best look for the US would be variations on the 2010 World Cup home look with blue shorts.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Yo Mexixo in G/G/R is FIRE

Saudi Arabia v Mexico: Group C - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

They could have at least matched the greens. It thought they were grey until they had a close up. Granted my internet speed here isn't as good as at home. I do like the overall idea though.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They could have at least matched the greens. It thought they were grey until they had a close up. Granted my internet speed here isn't as good as at home. I do like the overall idea though.

Yeah, strange decision to have the shorts match the dark green of the collar and underarm inserts instead of the lighter green base color of the shirt. It’s not a bad look per se, but would’ve looked better with lighter green shorts. At first glance I thought they might just be the away shorts, but those have off-white Adidas stripes:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, strange decision to have the shorts match the dark green of the collar and underarm inserts instead of the lighter green base color of the shirt. It’s not a bad look per se, but would’ve looked better with lighter green shorts. At first glance I thought they might just be the away shorts, but those have off-white Adidas stripes:

spacer.png

That red striped short works better than the white stripes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

What is the best U.S. jersey of all time? - Stars and Stripes FC

1994 USA 'Denim' Soccer Jersey | Streaker Sports

I'm not a big fan of the Waldo look for the U.S. It isn't that it's a bad look, but it worry that it would obscure the crest,  which is fantastic and should be showcased to its fullest.

I'd almost rather we go the route of England, with simple kits that use navy and red in small doses, whether it be trim or subdued striping.  

10 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Russa did something similar in 2018, 2 different white shorts

It’s a pretty common practice. The US has two different pairs of blue shorts. Germany have two pairs of white AND black shorts. France have two different pairs of blue shorts and I’m pretty sure two different pairs of white shorts. There are probably more examples, but it’s not at all an uncommon thing.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Even if the green *technically* matched the collar area, the way the dark green on the shirt gets broken up by the pattern made it look like the kit in full had three different shades going on. Plus the shorts shade looks a tad too teal for me, which is a complaint I always had about Adidas's early Mexico kits. The current shirt looks the right green. Anyway, doesn't matter now!

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

France is wearing all navy blue as we speak, against a side in all white 🤷‍♂️ 

Sorry everyone. I guess I jinxed it.

Hopefully it was just because Tunisia was the home team and chose to wear all white, forcing France into a shorts change.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE