International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I usually like Australia's away kits more than the homes, but this year's garish shade of aqua ruins that, so agreed.

If you look at the history of Australian kits they have usually been more yellow than they currently are for the primary and the secondary is something like a Ken Done painting, but over time they were told to change the yellow tone as it was to similar to Brazil so hence why it's more of an orange-yellow (gold) and the green has some how gone from a robust strong colour to a light shade that the Soccer league likes.
The blue set is what some different sports in Australia have been trialing, see Olympics from the past few times, AFL, NRL, Davis Cup Tennis,.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

24 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

We have our answer for the US vs Netherlands

Not the worst possible option (all-white), but would’ve much preferred white/blue/white or all-blue. This very well may have been a case where the keeper kits dictated the US’ kit choice. The Dutch keepers wore green in all three group stage matches, but the US had to use it here because of their other registered keeper kits (orange and yellow) not being viable options. The purple keeper kit for the Dutch then probably ruled out the blue secondary kit for the US. Dumb that the US chose the white/white/blue combo over white/blue/white, but that is the combo that was shown in the promo images when the kit was unveiled.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Belgium’s flame kit has really not grown on me at all. In fact I’d say it’s just looked worse and worse in my mind. That said, I suppose the flames are fitting seeing as their Golden Generation just flamed out big time.

On the other hand, Croatia’s kit has actually grown on me quite a bit. I think it’s a pretty unique take on the checkered look and I think the increased amount of white is what has allowed them to wear the kit against red teams like Morocco and Belgium.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

27 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Belgium’s flame kit has really not grown on me at all. In fact I’d say it’s just looked worse and worse in my mind. That said, I suppose the flames are fitting seeing as their Golden Generation just flamed out big time.

I really liked their psychedelic away kit and am sad to not see it. But happy to not see that team anymore, yikes.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Morocco/Spain and Japan/Croatia should be two more good looking games in the Round of 16. The former should look similar to the Portugal/Spain Nations League match from back in September:

spacer.png

Think it’s most likely that Japan/Croatia will be Japan in all-blue vs. Croatia in their checkered shirts and white shorts/socks. I’m hoping Japan does have dedicated blue alternative shorts for their home kit instead of just having to use the black away shorts:

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Kit matchups for 6/8 Round of 16 matches:

Really happy to see that both Argentina/Australia and France/Poland feature each country’s traditional/first choice kit combos. England in all-white against Senegal is unnecessary. Glad to see that Japan does indeed have dedicated blue shorts for their home kit.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

This Brazil vs Cameroon matchup!!!

Yeah, this is a really handsome matchup.

I hadn't seen the jaguar print on Brazil's sleeves, but it's nice without being gaudy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The last two Round of 16 matchups are set and they should be pretty straightforward in terms of kits. Brazil/South Korea should be yellow/blue/white vs. all-red, while Portugal/Switzerland should be red/green/red vs. white/gray/white. 

Have to say, while I’m almost never a proponent of a team wearing their away kit when it isn’t necessary, I wouldn’t be mad if South Korea opted for their black away kit vs. Brazil just because of how good it is. I’m sure they’ll wear red as long as there isn’t a keeper or ref kit clash, but still this kit matchup would be pretty awesome:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1