International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

Looks like Argentina will actually be in white socks today against Mexico instead of black. The kit assignment graphic showed black socks.

spacer.png

You can see the strange mashup kit that Mexico’s keepers will be using today here:

Will definitely be an odd look with the shirt having black and neon green accents and the shorts just being blue and white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

31 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Interesting observation yesterday at the Atlanta watch party for USA-England. There were more Olive and York jerseys than this cycle's official Nike jerseys. Hopefully USSF takes notice and gets a little more inspired for future kits. 

I was there too. Are you referencing the denim 1994 remakes? If so, I saw a ton of those as well as the 2010 navy shirts (which I wore myself). 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 2022-11-24 at 10:31 AM, IceCap said:

Pinging a mod or two would have helped. 

As a gay guy myself... I see the point. But also? It's something that's still used as a slur in certain circles. And I'm uncomfortable taking it off the filter for that reason. 

I mean I didn't expect that to cross my radar screen when I made that post, so pardon me for being surprised and not following protocol. 

At any rate, I'd at least ask for a more neutral filter. I don't think I should use a word describing how myself and many of my associates identify only for the board to tell me I'm intolerant toward myself. I also don't think bigots should set the rules of engagement in general around these things.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

The tie-dye kits didn't look terrible in action yesterday. The white ones still suck.

I agree, which is kinda how I thought from the start but everything got overshadowed by how bad the white ones are. The only thing I find odd is how they're a bit similar, relatively speaking, to the 2020 bleach-spill kits (and I'd argue inferior, due to the weird logo placement and lack of red trim). But still not a terrible look. I think the USA's "look" could be just be loud designs that more refined footballing nations are too classy/boring to ever attempt. We have a legacy with the denim kit, may as well lean in.

5 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I was there too. Are you referencing the denim 1994 remakes? If so, I saw a ton of those as well as the 2010 navy shirts (which I wore myself). 

I did see a bunch of the 2010 Navy stash kits, but I saw more of these O&Y navy Stars  and their Declaration of Independence Kits. 

IMG_8281_900x.png?v=1669417537

USMNT-White-Independence-Front_96ae91b2-

• Like 3
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

2 hours ago, Digby said:

It is just too bad we couldn't at least get Canada the latest and greatest teamwear kits. We should have held a bake sale to fundraise to buy one of these for them.

?istyle=0000&fmt=jpg&w=600&h=600&cmp=100&c=601&img=A1063381000&iset=0100&iindex=0007&retBlank=1x1&bg=f6f6f6 249616_Main_Thumb_1002123.jpg?impolicy=thumb&imwidth=1440

Yeah it kind of sucked seeing the biggest moment in Canadian men’s soccer happening in plain black t-shirts. 

Canada should only ever wear red & white. Preferably with no black trim anywhere. 

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yeah it kind of sucked seeing the biggest moment in Canadian men’s soccer happening in plain black t-shirts. 

Canada should only ever wear red & white. Preferably with no black trim anywhere. 

I thought there was precedent for the black trim at least. But yeah, the all-black kits that are as standard teamwear as it gets... too bad. At least that typeface was kind of fun and certainly stood out.

USA vs Netherlands on Saturday morning. What’s the kit matchup? Fully expect Netherlands in orange. Their shade of orange is lighter than usual. Do we get orange vs white or orange versus blue?

Gotta say, these US kits are growing on me a bit. The blues seem harmless on the pitch as the pattern isn’t that noticeable. The whites are clean and I like the sleeve stripes. I think if the whites didn’t have the weird blue shape at the bottom of the collar, they wouldn’t get half the hate they did. Of course, a successful tournament like we’ve had  helps improve how I view them. Maybe the Nike executive was right when he said that? ***Ducks*** 😂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

USA vs Netherlands on Saturday morning. What’s the kit matchup? Fully expect Netherlands in orange. Their shade of orange is lighter than usual. Do we get orange vs white or orange versus blue?

Gotta say, these US kits are growing on me a bit. The blues seem harmless on the pitch as the pattern isn’t that noticeable. The whites are clean and I like the sleeve stripes. I think if the whites didn’t have the weird blue shape at the bottom of the collar, they wouldn’t get half the hate they did. Of course, a successful tournament like we’ve had  helps improve how I view them. Maybe the Nike executive was right when he said that? ***Ducks*** 😂

I’m personally hoping for orange vs. blue, as I much prefer the blue kit over the white. I’d be fine with the white kit IF they wear it with the superior blue shorts. I’ll be curious what the US keepers wear. So far they’ve worn orange or yellow, both of which obviously won’t work against the Netherlands. The keeper kit available at retail is dark red, but they might not have registered it for this tournament (teams usually have to register three keeper kits, if I remember right). 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, insert name said:

These US kits are still not doing it for me. What I don't get is why we're the only country with the Nike swoosh on the the sleeves? 

The Nikespeak press release when they released them was that there were meant to be a number of references to the more "traditional" American sports. The weird yoke + stripes on the home is ice hockey, the stripes on the sleeves are, I guess, gridiron football (assuming the NFL is the only version of that sport that exists...?). I'm not picking up on the baseball or basketball. Anyway, let's all agree that was one more bad experiment happening with this set.

I continue to be annoyed by the US ignoring its superior look and almost always wearing W/W/W and B/B/B (or R/R/R) instead of W/B/W and B/W/B (or R/B/R). They stopped doing it regularly in 2010.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

21 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I continue to be annoyed by the US ignoring its superior look and almost always wearing W/W/W and B/B/B (or R/R/R) instead of W/B/W and B/W/B (or R/B/R). They stopped doing it regularly in 2010.

I agree but I feel like a lot of that has been shaped by FIFA and their regulations around contrasting kits. The US still tends to wear navy shorts when it can (seems like we usually do against Mexico). But when you see teams like Germany wearing all white, Argentina pairing their stripes with white shorts, France winning the final in all navy, you can understand why the US has leaned more towards all white. Just the way the sport is heading. To me, the all white doesn’t feel as egregious as some of these other countries who have to modify their kits. I’m okay with it.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree but I feel like a lot of that has been shaped by FIFA and their regulations around contrasting kits.

Yeah, but it was never a rule that the kits all had to be solid-color from top to bottom.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree but I feel like a lot of that has been shaped by FIFA and their regulations around contrasting kits. The US still tends to wear navy shorts when it can (seems like we usually do against Mexico). But when you see teams like Germany wearing all white, Argentina pairing their stripes with white shorts, France winning the final in all navy, you can understand why the US has leaned more towards all white. Just the way the sport is heading. To me, the all white doesn’t feel as egregious as some of these other countries who have to modify their kits. I’m okay with it.

But France has worn the traditional bleu blanc rouge in both matches this World Cup. The designated home side should chose their preferred primary and leave it to the away side to figure out clashes. I don’t know who selects the US kits, but I don’t think the FIFA clash refs  are the issue anymore. US needs to be wearing blue shorts.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 11/27/2022 at 4:31 PM, Digby said:

I thought there was precedent for the black trim at least. But yeah, the all-black kits that are as standard teamwear as it gets... too bad. At least that typeface was kind of fun and certainly stood out.

Oh yeah, there's definitely precedence for Canadian national teams using black, and I can tolerate it when it's used sparingly. The problem is that most of the teams have gone overboard with it.