International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

Adidas knocked it out of the park this year. Really excellent designs with bespoke patterns that have clear inspiration and application. It really makes the disaster that Nike and Puma are putting out even worse.

• Like 5

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 8/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, aawagner011 said:

Also, what happened to that geometric number font? Looks like Germany is rolling with the same font it has been using lately.

spacer.png

I'm surprised they wouldn't be using the same number set as everyone else. I wonder if they just used the numbers on hand because they didn't have the right numbers for this? If so, it makes not sense. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Any step in the right direction of Adidas teams getting bespoke team typefaces instead of the generic manufacturer one is a step I'd support. Aside from that quirk (and Argentina and Belgium's weird flame nonsense) I'd agree that this is a really excellent range for Adidas this year.

Puma is always lowkey the worst designer at major tournaments. Like the third wheel to the Nike/Adidas rivalry that's too weak and messy to even pay attention to.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Puma is always lowkey the worst designer at major tournaments. Like the third wheel to the Nike/Adidas rivalry that's too weak and messy to even pay attention to.

Disagree, their Euro 2020 kits were amazing and much better than adidas especially with original aways (some of new ones like Czechia was nice too). Now their homes are great (especially Paraguay) too but aways are too much outside the box although Morocco, Egypt and Paraguay are quite ok.

With adidas I'm not a big fan that sides wraps shoulders arena and those flames are like taken from some dart/bowling shirt. Anyway is a massive upgrade over their 2020 shirts.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Disagree, their Euro 2020 kits were amazing and much better than adidas especially with original aways (some of new ones like Czechia was nice too). Now their homes are great (especially Paraguay) too but aways are too much outside the box although Morocco, Egypt and Paraguay are quite ok.

With adidas I'm not a big fan that sides wraps shoulders arena and those flames are like taken from some dart/bowling shirt. Anyway is a massive upgrade over their 2020 shirts.

The away kits Puma made for their teams at Euro 2020 were generally really good, but due to the tournament being held the following year due to Covid, Puma introduced new away jerseys all with the same template so these weren't used at that tournament.
all-puma-2020-away-kit%252B%2525281%2525

Instead, what we got were bland shirts that looked like training gear and without the bespoke patterns. In their place, the name of the country on the chest and a teensy-weeny crest for Switzerland, Czechia and Austria.
czech-republic-2021-22-away-kit-1.jpg&f=

And out of all of them, the worst was Czechia, by virtue of the name on the chest being in English (the only one to do so).

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

And out of all of them, the worst was Czechia, by virtue of the name on the chest being in English (the only one to do so).

I'm in opposite since I like Czechia most from those new away kits

By the way name in English isn't actually a Puma fault but Czechia itself because when you looking at their other sports they use English name on it as well:

GettyImages-1234466012.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1024

barbora-spotakova-q-hod-ostepem-me-mnichov-2022-16.jpg

cut.jpg

1168067208.jpg.0.jpg

Hockey and Basketball teams recently  switched to Česko so it might became a trend for others too but we'll see:

1000?mt=.jpg

d6002a774471062a20f10afdab225559.jpg

4r2eer.png

50 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I'm in opposite since I like Czechia most from those new away kits

By the way name in English isn't actually a Puma fault but Czechia itself because when you looking at their other sports they use English name on it as well:

Considering that change kit shouldn't have existed and they should have just used the 2020 shirts, it's still a puma fault.

11 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The away kits Puma made for their teams at Euro 2020 were generally really good, but due to the tournament being held the following year due to Covid, Puma introduced new away jerseys all with the same template so these weren't used at that tournament.

I'd agree with this. Strangely wasteful!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Considering that change kit shouldn't have existed and they should have just used the 2020 shirts, it's still a puma fault.

I agree they should change them after Euro but it was what is was. On the other hand staying with Czechia their original away shouldn't be volt so back to rbw colors was an upgrade.

What about USA home is nice, away not really.

4r2eer.png

Man that's brutal. I know we already had that discussion but it sucks that this was the best they came up with for the World Cup. Our first in 8 years and we come up with this?

I can't even say it's 100% a Nike thing because France and England came up with a great kit so someone in the US camp is just really bad at this. 

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Man that's brutal. I know we already had that discussion but it sucks that this was the best they came up with for the World Cup. Our first in 8 years and we come up with this?

I can't even say it's 100% a Nike thing because France and England came up with a great kit so someone in the US camp is just really bad at this. 

The Nike template is brutal, it's ruining a lot of kits this year. I'm sure the US won't be the only ones at the World Cup. 

20 hours ago, insert name said:

That’s debatable about England.

spacer.png

But I agree, someone at US Soccer needs to put their foot down and tell Nike this generic stuff is unacceptable. Do they just accept whatever Nike pitches them? Are the decision makers really just that clueless?

• Like 1

In non-World Cup news, Scotland released their new kits today. The home brings back purple accents for the first time since the 90s(?) and has a tartan pattern on the cuffs (first time since 2014), while the away is a bland template with navy and purple accents. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 9/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, aawagner011 said:

That’s debatable about England.

spacer.png

But I agree, someone at US Soccer needs to put their foot down and tell Nike this generic stuff is unacceptable. Do they just accept whatever Nike pitches them? Are the decision makers really just that clueless?

I know this one is mixed but I personally like it. I like the shades of blue they're using in the gradient. It might look better if it started at the cuffs of the sleeve. 

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png

11 hours ago, insert name said:

I know this one is mixed but I personally like it. I like the shades of blue they're using in the gradient. It might look better if it started at the cuffs of the sleeve. 

the colours are great, but the yoke doesn't work that well with the template and the cuffs look out of place. Hopefully the shirt isn't the only place we see the gradient, nike have shown they can get a decent looking gradient on socks with the Houston Astros City Connect.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:52 PM, MJWalker45 said:

All they had to do was make the neck white.

It certainly would have made this shirt better, but it wouldn't have excused the fact that it's still terrible. The USA needs something much more original.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

19 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

It certainly would have made this shirt better, but it wouldn't have excused the fact that it's still terrible. The USA needs something much more original.

https://imgur.com/N9msjiD

Something as simple as this, using the 2006 sash would have been a great place to start.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png