International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

This looks like the highest resolution leak yet of the US kit. It looks like a men’s replica cut of the women’s 4 star design but the men’s team will be identical sans stars.

These photos were doing the rounds a few days ago, but these are 100% knockoffs. Same design, yes, but not a genuine Nike article.

48 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This looks like the highest resolution leak yet of the US kit. It looks like a men’s replica cut of the women’s 4 star design but the men’s team will be identical sans stars.

These photos were doing the rounds a few days ago, but these are 100% knockoffs. Same design, yes, but not a genuine Nike article.

States United? Who comes up with this crap?

Nike and US Soccer should be embarrassed by how bad this is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I'm glad to say the home jersey is the only good thing about this set, though the middle blue collar thingy needs to be removed.

But if there's 1 thing we can all agree, the less said about their away jersey, the better.

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

i thought the most recent home kit, used by the men and women both, already looked like a barely-altered version of the 2019 WWC kit. Solves the USA “identity crisis” I guess. Even if the latest version looks like a bad sewing job.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

there is no way that a couple people at Nike soccer USA design team doesnt get fired. At least 5-10 people, I have never seen this much backlash for a national team kit before. 

What I kinda do like about it that they we are seeing how serious people take these World Cup kits, I went on US Soccer ig page a week ago they they people were outraged. 

Love the passion, keep it up 

• Like 1

Didn't see this other slate of unveilings get posted. 

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/09/07/world-cup-kits-for-wales-highlight-recent-national-team-kit-unveilings/soccer/

featured-905-1.jpg

I already mentioned how much I like Wales' set for the World Cup, so I'll take the time to say I really like Chile's away kit with the sublimation. Their shade of blue is fantastic as well.

chile-away-1-1.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just published a writeup on the mothership about a big leak of Nike national team kits that were confirmed to be accurate. Too many graphics to post here, but it includes home and away kit graphics for: (* = didn't qualify for 2022 World Cup)

• Qatar
  • Australia
  • Croatia
  • France
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Saudi Arabia
  • China*
  • Nigeria*
  • New Zealand*
  • Turkey*

A few sneak peeks in the graphic below:

featured-905-1.png

White kit will definetly be a home kit for Poland. That Eagle wings pattern is not bad (Oregon vibes) but shirt needs a little bit more of red. Away on the other hand is really good even if look like a regular t-shirt. Anyway those kits might be only for WC because contract with nike expired with the end of the year and at this moment there is no infos about nike resign (there is rumors that Polish brand 4F might be a contender).

BTW Esvaphane posted real pictures of shirts on his twitter.

4r2eer.png

Nike seems to be all over the place with designs this cycle. Some are awesome, others should go straight in the trash. Makes what they designed for the USA look like some of the worse they've designed yet. Poland, Saudi Arabia, Qatar (minus centered crest), and Australia are the strongest of the looks IMO.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 9/12/2022 at 6:42 PM, SSmith48 said:

Nike seems to be all over the place with designs this cycle. Some are awesome, others should go straight in the trash. Makes what they designed for the USA look like some of the worse they've designed yet. Poland, Saudi Arabia, Qatar (minus centered crest), and Australia are the strongest of the looks IMO.

I agree Qatar's kits are both great, I like them a lot even the centered crest. The Poland away kit is also beautiful, I might buy one . 

I think England's away kit will end up being the best Nike kit judging off the leaks. 

That Qatar set is interesting for a set that we'll only see three times in the tournament.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think something that is bothering me is that there are 3 kits that have the centered crest, the US set, the home Croatia and the Home Qatar. But on the latter of the two, it is with the Nike swoosh either above or below it, where as the US set has them on the sleeves, which makes the jersey itself look really barren.  I get it's a template choice but it just seems really odd to me that wasn't applied to other teams as well.

The full Nike range and associated copywriter drivel can be seen here: https://about.nike.com/en/newsroom/releases/introducing-nike-s-2022-men-s-national-team-collections

USA
The 2022 USA collection serves as a symbol of national pride and draws inspiration from the United States’ diverse and storied sport legacy. The iconic U.S. uniform design cues include bold stripes, an enlarged center crest akin to basketball jerseys, double Swooshes on the sleeves reminiscent of those used on American football jerseys, the unique shoulder and sleeve cut-and-sew construction and pattern of a hockey jersey, and timeless block lettering. Subtle details, like “States United” on the inner back of the shirt, add depth to the story of unity and togetherness while the ice-dying technique used on the away kit create a vibrant pattern to celebrate diversity and youth.

So the particular weirdnesses of the USA look are because we are celebrating all sports (but not baseball). 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers