International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

3 hours ago, lost_limey said:

I wish the US national teams would stick to a home look for long enough to become iconic/synonymous with the team. Not necessarily a template, but a consistent color scheme for the home and away. I think the best looks they've had have been kits with sashes, so they should have white with a blue sash as their consistent home look across multiple tournaments. 

Isn't that what they have pretty much tried to do with the white jersey/blue shorts look? It's just that everyone thinks it's boring (and it's also England's traditional kit). They better do the Waldo for 2026. 

2 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

(and it's also England's traditional kit). They better do the Waldo for 2026. 

It's also USA traditional kits not Waldo. US Soccer use white-navy/blue/white combo for most of the time.

More Puma aways

20220822_215333.jpg

• Hurl 3
  • Yawn 1

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, lost_limey said:

I wish the US national teams would stick to a home look for long enough to become iconic/synonymous with the team. Not necessarily a template, but a consistent color scheme for the home and away. I think the best looks they've had have been kits with sashes, so they should have white with a blue sash as their consistent home look across multiple tournaments. 

I'd prefer white with a red sash to better emulate the flag (and honor the 1950 team that beat England in one of the biggest upsets ever), but that might be stepping too far into Peru territory.  Either way though, I totally agree that we need a consistent look.

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It's also USA traditional kits not Waldo. US Soccer use white-navy/blue/white combo for most of the time.

More Puma aways

20220822_215333.jpg

I’d much rather see them do something like the 3rd kits for Man City, AC Milian and etc from last year than whatever this is. I know they sort of did it but like go all in with the national teams.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

More Puma aways

20220822_215333.jpg

This is giving me the same vibe as the catalogue t-shirts that Nike/Adidas make for college or high school sports teams. I respect the fact that Puma is trying some new ideas this year along with their new template, but they don't seem to be as good as they thought it would be.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 2022-08-23 at 1:02 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

I'd prefer white with a red sash to better emulate the flag (and honor the 1950 team that beat England in one of the biggest upsets ever), but that might be stepping too far into Peru territory.  Either way though, I totally agree that we need a consistent look.

It should be fine.

usa-home-football-shirt-1950-s_81171_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1peru-home-football-shirt-1977-1980-s_46421_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Blue cuffs, collar, shorts and socks should set them apart and the Sash goes from the top left to the bottom right of the front of the shirt, while Peru have a sash on the back as well as the front.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

While on the topic of great US kits, I present:

The best of the best:

1950 / 2004 throwback - if I had my pick, this would be our home kit all the time. It’s perfect.

spacer.png

2006 DTOM -beautiful mix of colors. A classic design that would never look out of place whether it’s 60 years ago or present day.

spacer.png

2012 Waldo - perfectly encapsulates our flag. When you see that kit; you know it’s the US. Also shoutout to its equally good looking alternate white shorts version. While I love the 1950 sash, I think the Waldo would be a great third.

spacer.png

2013 Centennial - it’s all about the crest baby. Ditto for the Centennial kit’s all white variation.

spacer.png

The next tier, still exceptionally good kits but these don’t quite squeak into the upper echelon:

2017 Gold Cup - I viewed this kinda as the spiritual successor to the Waldo but as a road variation.  I love the color balance and even like the stars on the shoulders. I could do without the faint sublimated stars amidst the stripes.

spacer.png

2014 WC - definitely an adventurous take. I didn’t love this one when they first came out. I tend to prefer navy blue over royal for the national team. But these kits had an iconic moment and I appreciate Nike trying something different. It worked and it’s definitely up there in US kit history.

spacer.png

2011 alt - this felt like the successor to the 2006 DTOM. Great kit with great color balance.

spacer.png

2010 WC road kit. A great design with solid colors. I feel like I may have preferred it worn this way, though that variation didn’t make an appearance at the WC.

spacer.png

Other notable kits:

2006 home and road kits at the WC. Both are equally solid and classic designs. I’d love to see more striping similar to this integrated into future designs rather than some of the abstract patterns we’ve seen of late.

2008/2009 home white. The simple design seemed to be loosely inspired by the flag with its solid white base and red pinstripes. I’d like to see that idea explored more in the future.

1995/1996 home and road kits with the chest stripes. These kits look like a product of their time, overly baggy and ill fitting. If they brought them back in a contemporary fit, they’d be money. We saw a bit of that with the 2006 road kit.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

When I travel for USMNT matches (64 and counting), I usually bring one of the kits you've mentions, save for the Bomb Pops (that design never did it for me - too much red and that terrible shade of blue), because they really stand out on their own design-wise.

I think we look best when we wear contrasting shorts, particularly red over navy. I love the 2011 red alternate, probably because I was literally one of the first people to get the DTOM when they sold them at the match in Hartford the only time they wore them. I fell in love with the sash design because it was unique and red - a color that most of the US supporters had been clamoring for since the 2001 set was retired. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:09 AM, aawagner011 said:

The best of the best:

1950 / 2004 throwback - if I had my pick, this would be our home kit all the time. It’s perfect.

spacer.png

2006 DTOM -beautiful mix of colors. A classic design that would never look out of place whether it’s 60 years ago or present day.

spacer.png

2012 Waldo - perfectly encapsulates our flag. When you see that kit; you know it’s the US. Also shoutout to its equally good looking alternate white shorts version. While I love the 1950 sash, I think the Waldo would be a great third.

spacer.png

2013 Centennial - it’s all about the crest baby. Ditto for the Centennial kit’s all white variation.

spacer.png

The next tier, still exceptionally good kits but these don’t quite squeak into the upper echelon:

2017 Gold Cup - I viewed this kinda as the spiritual successor to the Waldo but as a road variation.  I love the color balance and even like the stars on the shoulders. I could do without the faint sublimated stars amidst the stripes.

spacer.png

2014 WC - definitely an adventurous take. I didn’t love this one when they first came out. I tend to prefer navy blue over royal for the national team. But these kits had an iconic moment and I appreciate Nike trying something different. It worked and it’s definitely up there in US kit history.

spacer.png

2011 alt - this felt like the successor to the 2006 DTOM. Great kit with great color balance.

spacer.png

2010 WC road kit. A great design with solid colors. I feel like I may have preferred it worn this way, though that variation didn’t make an appearance at the WC.

spacer.png

Other notable kits:

2006 home and road kits at the WC. Both are equally solid and classic designs. I’d love to see more striping similar to this integrated into future designs rather than some of the abstract patterns we’ve seen of late.

2008/2009 home white. The simple design seemed to be loosely inspired by the flag with its solid white base and red pinstripes. I’d like to see that idea explored more in the future.

1995/1996 home and road kits with the chest stripes. These kits look like a product of their time, overly baggy and ill fitting. If they brought them back in a contemporary fit, they’d be money. We saw a bit of that with the 2006 road kit.

I'd like to add the Blue Pinstripes from 2007 to this list.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 2:09 PM, aawagner011 said:

The best of the best:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Other notable kits:

The slash should most def be a trademark design for all US kits. Even the waldo kit had a light slash. 

XM4KeeA.png

As a very very casual soccer follower and US citizen, I think the red/white Waldo kit with blue shorts would be my choice for the quintessential US soccer look. It’s reflective of the flag and can be instantly recognized as “America’s look”.

Please take that opinion with a grain of salt as I only have a very peripheral knowledge of soccer kits and tradition but that’s my $.02 on the matter.

• Like 6

I hadn’t gotten much into Soccer until a few years ago, so I too am not as versed in US kit tradition as others may be, but in looking at the list above of past kits, the only ones that look “right” as far as what I imagine the US kit should be are the Waldos and sashes. All others don’t provide the same feeling, they just seem kind of “there” to me. 

If I had my way, I’d go some variation of Waldo as the primary kit, navy with white sash as the secondary, and darker red with navy sash as a third.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The 2010 World Cup kits are the best that the US has worn in recent memory, but the shorts should've been switched. It would've looked better in W/B/W and B/W/B like the variation in the picture @aawagner011 posted.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

26 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

If anyone can figure out what’s going on here, I’m interested! Straight from the official adidas account.

I think they'll just start showing off the jerseys or give a date with emoji's for each team. 

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

If anyone can figure out what’s going on here, I’m interested! Straight from the official adidas account.

Seems like it’s been a deliberate effort on their part to “leak” all of their World Cup kits through different content creators, artists, etc. Guessing when the kits are officially revealed, it’ll all come full circle with the “leakers” being involved in the official promotional material for the kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1