NHL redesign-Complete 32/32

johne9109

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting off with the Anaheim Ducks. Leet's start with their home, away, and alternate jerseys

Home
spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Alternate

spacer.png

I always preferred the design and logos from the original Mighty Ducks if Anaheim. I also took the jade and eggplant from the original design and added orange from the current designs. Jade becomes the main color with the orange and eggplant becoming secondary colors. The alternate makes the eggplant the main color. I debated doing orange, but I felt it'd be too much. Now the fauxback

Fauxback

spacer.png

Easily my favorite of the bunch. This hinders on Disney still having a hand in the Ducks, but it seems like exactly what the Ducks would've been had they become a team 30-50 year earlier. I took a classic Donald Duck and made his shirt look like a hockey jersey with a D not only representing Disney, but also Ducks. I lightened the team colors and used an off white color to give it that old school look. 

ZUH86xc.png

For the Arizona Coyotes I also decided to go back to their original design. I also decided to remove black from their color scheme. It just seemed lazy and I think replacing it with the green makes the design pop more

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Alternate

spacer.png

For the fauxback I took their leaping coyote and added a wordmark with simpler colors and more classic striping

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Interesting take on both but Anaheim’s Fauxback seems... off

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Alright last one for tonight is the Boston Bruins
Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

I always preferred when the home jersey had the yellow B and the away had the black B; seems to stand out more. I also added an angry version of the Pooh Bear logo as a secondary.

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate is a modernization of the teams jerseys from the late '40's - early '50's. 

Throwback

spacer.png

The throwback is the teams first jersey. Hits the heritage of the team and get's the brown in there

ZUH86xc.png

Boston’s is fine, though i wish It were today’s logo

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

None of these have been bad so far, but I think you need to make the alternates more interesting. They've all just been recolors of the home jersey, and while they look good, it's nothing interesting enough to make any of the alternates special in their own right.

I know this is probably gonna get hate from Buffalo Sabres fans, but here we go. It never made sense to me that the Sabres logo was more about the buffalo. you're from Buffalo, not named after the animal so I removed it. I went with a crossed sabres logo and the B with the sabre in it secondary. I did keep the current color scheme.

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Alternate

spacer.png

For the alternate I took the striping and had i mimic not only the crossed sabres but a union soldier uniform; so it has double meaning

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback gets a completely original design. I took the secondary logo and changed the B to a script font to give it a more classic feel as well as using off white

ZUH86xc.png

As we go through these concepts you'll see I take needless uses of black in uniforms. Calgary is another example. Their use of black seemed pointless and went against their branding in my opinion so I came up with these designs instead

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Adding orange to the flames color palette seems like the obvious choice especially over black. I also use the secondary logo introduced in 2013.

Alternate

spacer.png

Sorry, but no Blasty or stampede concept. I get that the Stampede is huge in Calgary, but one again it never seemed to fit with the Flames aesthetic to me. Instead I went with a purposefully over the top flame design. 

Fauxback

spacer.png

Drawing inspiration from the teams 2011 Heritage Classic jersey, which was inspired by the Calgary Tigers, I came up with this design. Adding orange into the mix once again and replacing the flaming C with a stylized FLAMES across the front

ZUH86xc.png

Okay time for a big one here with the Carolina Hurricanes. I have completely rebranded the Hurricanes. The team name never made sense to me. North Carolina isn't known for getting hurricanes; especially where they Canes play in Raleigh. They also have their mascot Stormy who is a pig? What does that have to do with hurricanes. So I decided to keep the mascot and make that the teams brand. Meet the Carolina Razorbacks!

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The deep red I chose for a few different reasons. Red is a familiar color for Canes fans so I deepened the shade to go with the logo better. It also ties to the PNC Arena which is shared by the canes and the NC Wolfpack. The secondary color is now Carolina blue for obvious reasons, but also to give the feel that they represent all of NC not just Raleigh. The striping is done in a way to mimic the tusks on the logo.

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate get's the Carolina blue treatment with some more traditional striping. 

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback was designed to match very early hockey teams with multiple striping and a simple logo. I didn't use blue in this jersey because I felt like for the time era I was going for that wouldn't have been a color that they'd have used

ZUH86xc.png

Well never seen no one do that with the canes (excuse me, Razorbacks) before. Well done.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Now for the Chicago Blackhawks

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Home and away jersey stay pretty much the same; except that I moved the tomahawk back to the sleeves.

Alternate

spacer.png

Chicago has one of, if not the best city flag in the US. So I decided to make that the basis of the alternate. I've seen a lot of alternates with the colored striping to match the feathers in the logo and I almost went that route, but thought this would be more intriguing. 

Throwback

spacer.png

For the throwback I just improved upon the Blackhawks winter classic jersey from 2019. I changed the white out for an off white to add to the retro feel and I swapped the logo out for the logo from the late '40's to add just a little bit of color

ZUH86xc.png

Next up is the Colorado Avalanche

Home 

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The biggest change is the addition the mountain esque pattern at the bottom of the jersey. i also brought back the bigfoot secondary logo. I also thought that was a cool and unique logo.

Alternate

spacer.png

To go along with the bigfoot logo the alternate gets a bigfoot logo. I really like the way this turned out. I don't know why they never did something like this 

Fauxback

spacer.png

For the fauxback instead of going the Nordiques route I took the Avs colors and put them on the old Colorado Rockies jersey. I know the Rockies eventually became the New Jersey Devils, but I really don't think the Devils would complain if Colorado wanted to use the Rockies imagery. 

ZUH86xc.png

Time for another redesign. The Columbus Blue Jackets don't get completely redone Like Carolina, but they do get quite the over haul. Let me start with giving credit to Sean McCarthy for the main logo, Josh Bilinsky for the secondary logo, and Luke Orient for the alternate logo.

Home 

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The blue and light blue stay from Columbus' current color scheme, but the big change is dropping red for gold. The jerseys take their cues from union uniforms during the civil war; tying the team closer to their namesakes. The stars in the striping comes from the uniforms as well as the chevrons on the sleeves and the gold on the shoulders. 

Alternate

spacer.png

I took the chevrons from the sleeves and used that as the striping for the alternate. Light blue also becomes the main color while gold gets dropped

Fauxback

spacer.png

Hands down the best jersey in the Blue Jackets current set is the alternate jersey so I took that and made some modifications. Mainly dropping the extra colors and making the stars the predominant accents

ZUH86xc.png

One more tonight with the Dallas Stars.

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

For the home and away I did a modern version of the late '90's look for Dallas. Current colors and logos on the star jersey. I don't know if it's the template or my novice photoshop skills but I couldn't get the star striping and logo to sit the same way they did on the original jersey, but if i was able to this would look really nice. So just try to picture it in your head.

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate is a more traditional looking jersey with the secondary logo. I almost went with something like this as the main jersey, but I like that star look too much.

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback takes the alternate and gives it the old school treatment. I was going to put the sheriff's badge where Dallas is on the map, but it looked really weird so I replicated the Texas flag instead. 

ZUH86xc.png

Archived