Products you bought just because you liked the branding design

DCarp1231

img_20180730_071008_085.jpg

Bones Coffee comes to mind.  I'm not a big flavored coffee fan, but I had a couple that were alright.  Unfortunately my wife then bought like 14 pounds of Bones Coffee for me that I have very little intention of drinking anytime soon, but their packaging is cool.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There's a brewery up here that makes fantastic, but admittedly expensive beer. I only tried them in the first place because I think they have great branding, which I guess works. I think they have an excellent logo, but I enjoy the memeworthiness of their products. Here's some examples.

Backcountry - Careful Man, There’s A Beverage Here | IPA - CanBackcountry Brewing | Here's McLovin', 25 Year Old Hawaiian Organ Donor | Strata Mosaic IPA - Front of CanBackcountry Brewing | Nuke It From Orbit, It's The Only Way To Be Sure | Citra West Coast IPA - Front of CanBackcountry Brewing | It Tastes Like Burning | Watermelon Jalapeño Sour - Front of CanBackcountry Brewing - A Warm Glass Of Shut The Hell Up | Strawberry Mint Julep Sour - Front of CanBackcountry - Big Gulps Huh, Welp See Ya Later | Blue Raspberry Lemonade Sour - CanBackcountry - Are You Suggesting Coconuts Migrate | Coconut and Chocolate Imperial Stout - CanBackcountry Brewing | That's Not A Knife | Front of canBackcountry Brewing | This Is A Knife | Front of can

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

img_20180730_071008_085.jpg

Bones Coffee comes to mind.  I'm not a big flavored coffee fan, but I had a couple that were alright.  Unfortunately my wife then bought like 14 pounds of Bones Coffee for me that I have very little intention of drinking anytime soon, but their packaging is cool.

You can freeze your coffee. I don't know how much space is in your freezer but it should save you a few trips to the store.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Sure, it’s just water, but boy is it some high quality H2O.

It seems a little excessive for water. It would be intense on an energy drink. Thats something I'd expect on a 70% whiskey from some hipster distillery.

Also maybe this just isn't common where I live but its weird to me to see water in cans outside some emergency preparedness kit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

It seems a little excessive for water. It would be intense on an energy drink. Thats something I'd expect on a 70% whiskey from some hipster distillery.

Also its weird to me to see water in cans outside some emergency preparedness kit.

I’d say it makes sense to use cans. It reduces plastic waste. Which a lot of their marketing is centered around. I personally find it better tasting than other leading water brands. Yes, not all water tastes the same.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I’d say it makes sense to use cans. It reduces plastic waste. Which a lot of their marketing is centered around. I personally find it better tasting than other leading water brands. Yes, not all water tastes the same.

Yeah I'm not arguing the sense, its just that I never see it where I live. I see it in bottles (plastic or aluminum) and even those squishy drink packs, but in cans I can't recall the last time I saw it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Yeah I'm not arguing the sense, its just that I never see it where I live. I see it in bottles (plastic or aluminum) and even those squishy drink packs, but in cans I can't recall the last time I saw it.

They sell it at Whole Foods, 7-11, Sheetz, and GetGo (Giant Eagle Fuel Service)

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

They sell it at Whole Foods, 7-11, Sheetz, and GetGo (Giant Eagle Fuel Service)

Whole foods is a bit out of my price range at the moment, and 7-11 doesn't seem to have the same market saturation it does elsewhere, its just one player in a sea of many. I see just as many Circle Ks, On-The-Runs, etc.

I'm not typically someone who buys water anyway. I usually fill up my bottle at home and lug it around with me. Its both environmentally better and cheaper too. On the off chance I do buy water though I do admit I prefer bottles because they're resealable. Its rare that I sit down and chug the entire thing in one sitting, I like to sip as I go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I just did this the other day with two ciders as while I have a go-to, I'm always willing to see if another brand can be just as good, or better: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Neither was good as Grower's (my usual) IMO..... 

Is that Strongbow can textured or just printed like that?

11 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I'm not sure if comics really count, as the art is arguably the biggest part of the product, not really the "branding".

A lot of people buy comics for the art. Sure the story is there, but the artwork ties it together. 

As far as another product I intend on buying because of the branding-

spacer.png

I’m a sucker for simplistic designs like this

On 3/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, DNAsports said:

I’m sure we’ve all done it at least a time or two. Maybe you liked it, maybe you hated it. You initially bought the product because the branding looked great in your eyes. No other motive.

Here’s a few of mine-

spacer.png

Big fan of the Stillhouse cans. I have an apple flavored one at home. 

Anheuser-Busch to Release Budweiser Nitro Gold Lager | Brewbound

Bought it because I thought the red and gold can looked cool. Beer tasted like ass though. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 4/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, DNAsports said:

Yes, not all water tastes the same.

I thought this was pretty common knowledge, but a lot of people either don't know this or just don't taste the difference. Spring water, distilled water, tap water, all taste different. I like Smart Water, which is basically created in a lab since it's distilled with some minerals added back in. Has a taste that I like more than spring or tap water.