2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

If they're going to do monochrome, this is the way to go. While it's not my normal inclination to like mono looks, I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like.

The previous uniforms were introduced with the idea that they'd wear orange socks whenever they wore the black pants and that lasted one season. According to the Gridiron Uniform Database the last time they wore black pants with orange socks was a few weeks ago with their orange jerseys, but they haven't worn orange socks with black pants and black jerseys since 2005. 

It'll kind of look like this, except without the dumb parts of the old uniforms. 

quarterback-carson-palmer-of-the-cincinn

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s gotta be so easy for teams to put stripes on their pants without repercussions. How the Saints (and Ravens) have been blind to this, we’ll never know.

Can’t be blind when everyone is doing the same as them, including putting out blank white pants as well.

8 hours ago, ptaylor said:

It doesn't matter what Warshington wears this season.....

By next year, they'll probably be wearing white over black on the road. Or almost as bad, opt for the 'icy' look complete with white socks that's ruined the NFL.

They’ve been pretty clear that they plan to keep the maroon and yellow scheme when they make the transition to their new identity. I would hope they would also maintain their tradition of not doing random BFBS uniform elements. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

They’ve been pretty clear that they plan to keep the maroon and yellow scheme when they make the transition to their new identity. I would hope they would also maintain their tradition of not doing random BFBS uniform elements. 

Ideally they don't change the uniforms at all. 

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Burgundy and Gold

18 hours ago, shstpt1 said:
18 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Burgundy and Gold

I called their colors what they are. You could maybe argue about burgundy versus maroon, but I think true burgundy has more blue than what Washington wears and, however much they try to make their secondary color look like gold in their logo, it still shows up as yellow on the field. 

The 2002 home throwbacks that marked the beginning of the end for their white-at-home policy? Those were burgundy and gold. 

EDIT: sorry for the double-quote. Not sure how it happened. 

22 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Ideally they don't change the uniforms at all. 

I mean, right now they’re kind of plain to a fault. You know what would be cool? If they picked Warthogs as their new name and kept their helmets the same color, but with white tusks beginning in the front and continuing about halfway through each side. Kind of like the Vikings’ horns but with different location and shape. 

Anyway, I hope they keep the same color scheme and keep their uniform designs more traditional than not. And PLEASE don’t pick a singular noun for the name. Other than that, they can do as they please, and I’m looking forward to seeing the results. 

15 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I called their colors what they are. You could maybe argue about burgundy versus maroon, but I think true burgundy has more blue than what Washington wears and, however much they try to make their secondary color look like gold in their logo, it still shows up as yellow on the field. 

The 2002 home throwbacks that marked the beginning of the end for their white-at-home policy? Those were burgundy and gold. 

EDIT: sorry for the double-quote. Not sure how it happened. 

Gold vs yellowspacer.png

Washington clearly wears gold

spacer.png

Archived