usa and canada alt. jerseys

IceCap

both canada and the usa have decided to wear throwback jerseys for the '04 world cup of hockey. personaly, i dont like either country's choice. i was able to find 2 jersesy from each team's past that i would perefer over the current throwbacks.

canada

usa

for the canada jersey the 74 in teh maple leaf can be replaced by the player's #

tell me what u think

No.

No no no.

NO.

Those USA jerseys are an atrocity. The Canada jerseys say "1980s Maple Leafs," which isn't a good thing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

see, I kinda like the US jerseys there. Not a big fan of the Canada ones though. I think if the U.S. should go retro, it should be the 1980 ones from the Olympics.

But the one depicted in the link is not the one from the Olympics. It's the jersey from the preseason tour (I think). My memory of the '80 Olympics is a little fuzzy (granted, I was only 4 at the time), so if I'm wrong, eh.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what either country currently has. I just wish they weren't Nike designs, but what can you do? <_<

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

see, I kinda like the US jerseys there. Not a big fan of the Canada ones though. I thin k if the U.S. should go retro, it should be the 1980 ones from the Olympics.

No way. USA hockey will never experience a moment like that again, simply because the situation of college players playing in the Olympics against Communist pros won't happen again. To wear those jerseys again would take away from their sentimental value.

No moment will ever live up to it again, and no moment should try to.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

They wouldn't use the 74 Canada one for one very simple reason--that was the jersey worn by a Team Canada composed solely of WHA players in their attempt at a super series vs the Soviets 2 years after the original--they did horribly.

It was parlty spurred on by the players who had signed WHA contracts being banned from Team Canada--even if that wasn't official--but the fact Bobby Hull wasn't on the 72 team after signing with Winnipeg speaks vilumes.

The jersey they used was not based on appearance, but by historical signficance.

it was to honour the first hockey gold medal--and back then there was no team Canada--but we sent our top amateur team, and they used their unis--so it's a tribute to that--so on that basis the 72 Team Canada Jerseys would be chosen ahead of the WHA ones...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

so on that basis the 72 Team Canada Jerseys would be chosen ahead of the WHA ones...

i didnt suggest the 72 jerseys as throwbacks for the same reasons Shmee2k6 dosnt want the usa to use the 80 jerseys. the summit series was a great event, and the jersesy used have to much sntimental value.

so on that basis the 72 Team Canada Jerseys would be chosen ahead of the WHA ones...

i didnt suggest the 72 jerseys as throwbacks for the same reasons Shmee2k6 dosnt want the usa to use the 80 jerseys. the summit series was a great event, and the jersesy used have to much sntimental value.

Hey my comment was based on an "if"--I wasn't a big fan of the '72 look.

My POINT however was that they wouldn't use the '74 jersies--if for no other reason than they were WHA ones...

In addition to that though they wanted to honour a past team--so they honoured the 1st Olympic hockey champions...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Anyone have pics of the jerseys from Canada's 1952 Olympic team? I'm thinking they might be a good idea...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

1114hockey1952-1-v2.jpg

Done and done. In 1952, Canada was represented by the Edmonton MErcurys Hockey Club. Here's their team photo, courtesy of the Canadian Olympians site.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The USA jersey is a copy/tribute of/to the 1976 Canada Cup jerseys worn by Team USA (themselves a tribute to the American bicentennial). You can purchase replicas (they've been there for quite a while) at USA Hockey's online store:

http://shop.usahockey.com/store/sell?categ...AH-76REPJER-001

And as for Team USA's 1980 pre-Olympic tour: I actually think "Miracle" got that one right: the U-S-A letters were straight up and down, but were placed in a descending diagonal line from player's right shoulder to left hip. The 1980 Olympic jerseys had the letters in an arc.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Archived