• 8 months later...

I'm back with my first City Connect tweak of 2023!

BRAVES:

Braves-peach-colors-orange-numbers-peach

Notes:
- The Braves' newly-unveiled City Connect uniforms are fine but admittedly, a bit uninspired. As I mentioned in another thread, they're less of a tribute to the city of Atlanta and more of a tribute to the history of the Braves, which in my opinion kind of misses the point of the City Connect program. 

- For my tweak, I went with a Georgia peach color scheme, replacing royal blue and red with a peachy shade of orange and leafy green. And now that the Braves' off-white alternates have sadly been retired, this felt like a perfect opportunity to bring back that look (think peaches & cream). 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Braves 3/28)
53 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

BRAVES:

Notes:
- The Braves' newly-unveiled City Connect uniforms are fine but admittedly, a bit uninspired. As I mentioned in another thread, they're less of a tribute to the city of Atlanta and more of a tribute to the history of the Braves, which in my opinion kind of misses the point of the City Connect program. 

- For my tweak, I went with a Georgia peach color scheme, replacing royal blue and red with a peachy shade of orange and leafy green. And now that the Braves' off-white alternates have sadly been retired, this felt like a perfect opportunity to bring back that look (think peaches & cream). 

C&C appreciated! 

The irony of posting Atlanta's concept on 3/28 lol

But yes this looks pretty sweet and going for a peachy look is pretty plausible if they weren't going for the 70s look

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

BRAVES:

Notes:

C&C appreciated! 

Instantly better w2g

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

On 3/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

The irony of posting Atlanta's concept on 3/28 lol

But yes this looks pretty sweet and going for a peachy look is pretty plausible if they weren't going for the 70s look

On 3/28/2023 at 3:06 PM, johne9109 said:

Instantly better w2g

20 hours ago, Coiler said:

Looks peachy! (Couldn't resist )

Seriously, I've kind of wanted to see the Braves in a peach color scheme, and this is a beautifully done example of that.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Can you give it a shot in Atlanta Hawks Peachtree colors? Either one works

spacer.pngspacer.png

Sure thing. Here are two versions:

Braves-Peachtree-colors.png

Braves-Peachtree-colors-reversed.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks!

Sure thing. Here are two versions:

Braves-Peachtree-colors.png

Braves-Peachtree-colors-reversed.png

Ok not to be that guy but do we really think that MLB would allow for a team to use peach imagery and call themselves 'the A'? I mean the jokes would write themselves....

• LOL 3

• 2 weeks later...

Up today are the Rangers! 

Rangers-no-outlines.png

Notes:

- I really like what Texas did so no major changes, the biggest being swapping the "TX" and numbers on the front of the jersey.  Placing the logo on the right breast seems like a case of being different just for the sake of it, but the end result looks awkward. 

- The new set is allegedly "pitch blue" but looks black to me, so I just went black.

- I added some red to the top of the socks to create some much-needed visual separation from the pants.

- Lastly, red trim is applied to the cap logo. 

And here are a few variations I worked up:

First up, for those who aren't big on dark pants with light colored jerseys, here's an inverted version:

Rangers-black-jersey-cream-pants-no-outl

Next, I wanted to try a monochrome black look:

Rangers-mono-black.png

And since the Rangers have sadly retired their red alternates this season, a red version:

Rangers-red.png

Note: I had to add outlines to the logos and numbers for this one, since the black did not pop enough against the red.

Lastly, I was curious how the set would look in the Rangers' usual colors:

Rangers-blue-red-no-outlines.png

C&C appreciated!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Rangers 4/18)

I love what you've done for the Rangers! Since the team is the Texas Rangers, and these releases focus on clubs' cities/states, I think swapping the dark grey for blue really improves the concept.

Not sure if someone has commented this before, but props for recreating the actual unis! It offers a better way to compare the real deal with your tweaks.

• Love 1

Great improvements on Texas! The red jersey variation might be the best one of the bunch.

Just an idea - any chance you could make a variation using a "Texas Ranger" sort of motif? (Like the star from their old logo). When I heard they were making a City Connect, I was hoping they might incorporate something like that. Even just as an accent. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 4:29 PM, TheMilkman said:

Huge fan of the red jersey. The white on blue looks good too!

On 4/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, Victormrey said:

I love what you've done for the Rangers! Since the team is the Texas Rangers, and these releases focus on clubs' cities/states, I think swapping the dark grey for blue really improves the concept.

Not sure if someone has commented this before, but props for recreating the actual unis! It offers a better way to compare the real deal with your tweaks.

Thanks, guys!

8 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Great improvements on Texas! The red jersey variation might be the best one of the bunch.

Just an idea - any chance you could make a variation using a "Texas Ranger" sort of motif? (Like the star from their old logo). When I heard they were making a City Connect, I was hoping they might incorporate something like that. Even just as an accent. 

Sorry, but I don't really understand your request. Do you want one of the Rangers' regular scripts or logos incorporated into the City Connect design somehow?

On 2023-04-18 at 5:47 PM, coco1997 said:

Up today are the Rangers! 

Rangers-no-outlines.png

Notes:

- I really like what Texas did so no major changes, the biggest being swapping the "TX" and numbers on the front of the jersey.  Placing the logo on the right breast seems like a case of being different just for the sake of it, but the end result looks awkward. 

- The new set is allegedly "pitch blue" but looks black to me, so I just went black.

- I added some red to the top of the socks to create some much-needed visual separation from the pants.

- Lastly, red trim is applied to the cap logo. 

And here are a few variations I worked up:

First up, for those who aren't big on dark pants with light colored jerseys, here's an inverted version:

And since the Rangers have sadly retired their red alternates this season, a red version:

Rangers-red.png

Note: I had to add outlines to the logos and numbers for this one, since the black did not pop enough against the red.

I dig these, and you've improved them from the actual versions by swapping the number and logo around on the shirts. I was wondering how these might look with sleeveless jerseys (with the cuff trim moved to the arm opening) and a red brimmed hat for the red jerseyed uniform.

Also wondering how they would look with a headspoon.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:18 AM, coco1997 said:

Thanks, guys!

Sorry, but I don't really understand your request. Do you want one of the Rangers' regular scripts or logos incorporated into the City Connect design somehow?

No worries, sorry I didn't explain it well. I'm simply asking if you thought about using this star in your design at all? 
10400-TR03%20%20Texas%20Rangers%20(C).jp
I think it would really fit the vibe for a City Connect set for the Rangers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I dig these, and you've improved them from the actual versions by swapping the number and logo around on the shirts. I was wondering how these might look with sleeveless jerseys (with the cuff trim moved to the arm opening) and a red brimmed hat for the red jerseyed uniform.

Also wondering how they would look with a headspoon.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Rangers-sleeveless.png

Rangers-sleeveless-blue-red.png

Rangers-red-w-headspoon.png

10 hours ago, mahnkej said:

No worries, sorry I didn't explain it well. I'm simply asking if you thought about using this star in your design at all? 
10400-TR03%20%20Texas%20Rangers%20(C).jp
I think it would really fit the vibe for a City Connect set for the Rangers.

Ah, got it. How about a simplified version of that logo for the jersey crest, like an actual badge?

Rangers-w-sheriff-star.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Rangers-sleeveless.png

Rangers-sleeveless-blue-red.png

Rangers-red-w-headspoon.png

Ah, got it. How about a simplified version of that logo for the jersey crest, like an actual badge?

Rangers-w-sheriff-star.png

Looks awesome! This is exactly what I was thinking. 

• Love 1